A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: alankhart Clay Pots Stuck Together - February 18th, 2005 at 09:37 PM
Anyone have any idea how I can unstick 2 clay pots? I sat one pot inside the other and now I can't remove it. It is sitting all the way down to the lip of the pot, so it is difficult to get hold of it to pull it out. It just won't budge. Any ideas????
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Clay Pots Stuck Together - February 18th, 2005 at 09:52 PM
Just an idea here, Duh

BUT WHICH ONE DOES WHICH??? thumbup

Wouldn't want it the other way around... shk

Would something like that work???
***Don't make either tooooooooo extreme in temps,
cause it may cause breaking....****

Weezie
Posted By: njoynit Re: Clay Pots Stuck Together - February 19th, 2005 at 12:37 AM
you know...I've had that happen before.I tried the water 1st but was ready with the torch.torch would draw out moisture.I pried useing a spatula you mix cakes with.rubber spatula.
Posted By: sachis2112 Re: Clay Pots Stuck Together - February 19th, 2005 at 01:30 AM
Just an idea but... Place them upside down on a rug and use something soft to just kind of tap the bottom one. If there's a way to get inside a hole in the bottom to get to the inside???
Posted By: jogger Re: Clay Pots Stuck Together - February 19th, 2005 at 04:16 AM
I had the same problem, I brought them indoors in the warmth, hey presto after a day the parted easily.

Doreen wavey
Posted By: alankhart Re: Clay Pots Stuck Together - February 19th, 2005 at 09:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas...looks like I'll give them all a try and hope one of them works! :-)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]