A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:44 PM
thank you all for your prayers kissies here is the first of the pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: plantqueen Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:45 PM
So sorry to hear about this Jiffy! Glad to hear that everyone is okay! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:47 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:49 PM
and the damage to the house
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:52 PM
thank you jessica
Posted By: shanbear Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:53 PM
kissies
Posted By: plantqueen Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:53 PM
Sorry to post that right between your pictures Jiffy! shocked
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 07:57 PM
Jiffy, so sorry to hear about this, and thank the Lord, there wasn't much damage to the house. It could have been bad! You are blessed. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:17 PM
thank you shirly and shanbear. i am so very, very happy that the damage wasn't worse. AND that matthew was awake instead of napping. he heard it and put the fire out by the house before the fire department could get there. i hate to think what could have happened frown frown

and jess, don't sweat it smile
Posted By: weezie13 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:31 PM
What the HE Double LL happened!!! kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:34 PM
I thank God no one was hurt, Jiffy, and that Matthew was home. When did this happen? What started it?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:35 PM
from what we can tell, a can of camp stove fuel (a must during hurricane season) was sitting in the shade but still got hot enough to spontaneously combust. fortunately, the damage is manageable, and matthew was awake and heard the "boom" but by the time he got outside, it was against the house. another fortunate thing is that the waterhose is on that end of the house. thankful are we right now.
Posted By: badplanter Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:37 PM
kissies kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:37 PM
Holy Canolies Jiff..
That could have been wayyyyyyy worse...
Good thing someone is looking out for you!!! kissies kissies kissies angell angell
Posted By: Triss Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:43 PM
Oh Jiffy, those pics are bad but I am so thankful it was not worse. So glad Matthew was home and kept his head cool and did what needed to get done. He saved your home. kissies to him and to all of you as you clean up from this mess.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:47 PM
I am so glad Matthew kept a cool head and was able to get it extinguished by the house before the fire department got there. Fires are scary business...
Posted By: kennyso Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 09:24 PM
Indeed, fires are very scary business. Thank God you're alright Jiffy!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 09:39 PM
Oh wow, that is terrible--but you were so lucky it wasn't worse! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 09:59 PM
thank you all. weezie, triss, mark, kenmy, laura, dianna, jessica, shanbear and shirley kissies i am confident that all of your prayers made a difference, just as i am confident that God was holding me and mine in His hands today.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I was worried sick all afternoon until I heard from you again Jiffy.

You must have a lot of guardian angels around your house...

I'm so glad Matthew got it out in time.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:04 PM
Certainly glad things weren't worse! ...and good job to Matthew. The damage to the house isn't too bad.

On a lighter note, did you ever realize that all of those trees are in rows???
Posted By: MLN Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:04 PM
That was too close for comfort!!! Sure glad y'all came through it O.K.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Originally posted by hisgal2:
Certainly glad things weren't worse! ...and good job to Matthew. The damage to the house isn't too bad.

On a lighter note, did you ever realize that all of those trees are in rows???
laugh laugh laugh yes, jenn, i did. we actually bought 1/7th of an old tree farm. these pines are what they use to make all kinds of paper. typing paper, toilet paper, paper towels, even charmin. in fact, teech the softer the tissue, the less recycle paper and more real wood pulp is in it! nutz i know that doesn't seem right, but that is some trivia i learned when i worked at the papermill!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:23 PM
I am so happy to hear that everyone is safe Jiffy...i was so worried....prayers to you all kissies angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:34 PM
you know, as has been said many times in the last few weeks, this is the best "created" family ever. and it was comforting to know, while i was driving, that by making one phone call, i could get the prayers of hundreds or even thousands. and i honestly believe those prayers did make a difference. kissies i can't use enough grimlins to give you each a kiss, but know that i would hug and kiss each of you if i could!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 10:35 PM
I know I was praying this afternoon! Thank God you guys and the house were safe........ kissies
Posted By: netty Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Holy cow Jiffymouse! That must have been so scary! Fire terrifies me. I'm glad that Matthew was able to put the fire out quickly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 12th, 2007 at 11:16 PM
me too netty. it was a long ride home with only the info i could get from him (frantic) on the phone....
Posted By: faerywatcher Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 12:25 AM
JIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i about freaked when i saw the topic and the pics would'nt load quick enough. i am sooooo thankful it was not worse! you and your family was being watched over for sure!
did that combust from the heat build up? can gas cans in a storage room do that? it stays pretty cool in there. now i'm am scared for everyone! sca NO FIRE!!!!!! frown frown
Posted By: jonni13 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Godspeed, Jiffy. Matt did well.
Posted By: Tonya Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 01:00 AM
So glad that it was stopped and no one was hurt. kissies
Posted By: angelblossom Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 01:01 AM
Oh My gosh!!! Talk about Deja vu` I had a dream very similar to this last night kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 01:16 AM
I have been thanking God all day, and am glad you are thanking Him too! Nothing like feeling His hand on you grinnnn
Posted By: angelblossom Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 01:22 AM
Amen to that!! angell
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 01:48 AM
Wow.....My first thought was that Cindy went to Jiffy's and was attempting to grill something! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 02:18 AM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 02:55 AM
Jiff...;-( Glad you and yours are safe...!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 03:06 AM
well, i missed all the hub-bub cuz i wasn't able to get on the site until tonight.

i'm SO glad everyone (and the house) is okay!!!!

yes, prayers definitely DO make a difference!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 03:11 AM
Originally posted by mater sandwich:
Wow.....My first thought was that Cindy went to Jiffy's and was attempting to grill something! shk shk shk
So THAT'S the reason I never get invited to a barbeque! shocked lala
Posted By: Thornius Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 05:00 AM
Actually, Jiffy that fire will probably help the natural habitat. Burning off the brush periodically rejuvenates the forest and increases wildlife.
Posted By: sibyl Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 05:07 AM
laugh laugh @ cindy!

o-my jiff! scary stuff! im glad everyones ok! kissies the damage to the house didnt look to bad, quick thinking mathew! kissies
Posted By: melcon6 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 05:08 AM
Jiffy ! kissies kissies

(I haven't heard from you in such a long time! hint hint)
Posted By: sibyl Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 05:09 AM
sca laugh
Posted By: tamara Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 11:24 AM
Glad you are all o.k. That was a close one.

Wierd, when I seen the topic I thought of Cindy right away as well, until I seen Jiffymouse.

Thorny is right, that ground will flourish now.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Again....I am so happy Jiffy that everyone is safe kissies thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 01:35 PM
clp Hero Matthew! [Linked Image]
So many people would have panicked, run, not known what to do.

Thank goodness everyone is OK! clp
[Linked Image]
And thanks Triss for letting us know right away!

And Jenn...trees in a row [Linked Image]
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 05:33 PM
OMG!!! Where have I been?!! I just read this and I am so thankful you are all ok! HERO MATTHEW is right! AND guardian angels, they were sure there! So glad you are ok, and the damage is minimal! Houses can be rebuilt, but friends can NEVER be replaced! kissies
Posted By: maja24 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 07:49 PM
I'm glad you and yours are ok Jiffy, it must have been quite a fire according to those burned trees, very scary!!!
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 10:58 PM
Jiffy so glad Matthew was there to take care of this. You and Scott are truly blessed that he could stop the fire tell him job well done. thumbup
Posted By: Linny Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Well, Jiff, looks like your "buring-off" was done for you! In late February or early March we always burn off the dead stuff from winter to try and keep the fire threat down. Are those pine trees I'm seeing? We are surrounded by pine orchards as we live in a papermill town that grows and uses pine as a major source, as well as having several around the property. Dead pine staw is like a newspaper on fire! I'm so glad it did not do more damage. God bless you and your family.
Posted By: chermoni Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 13th, 2007 at 11:45 PM
I'm a little late on getting this news but I'm really glad that everyone and everything is okay. Jiffy, you've got good karma for sure! kissies thumbup
Posted By: Rose dud Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Someone was watching over us that day! Matthew walked out and all he saw was a wall of flames... and then he got the hose going and put out what was under the porch / vinyl siding (see photo's)... One of my co-workers said when we go to church on Sunday, we need to throw an extra tithe in the offering plate. Can everyone say "Thank You Lord"?
Posted By: Rose dud Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 12:35 AM
Hey Jiff... shouldn't that say OUR house? Haahaa
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 12:57 AM
kissies if you become more visible here, so they know it is our house! laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 01:01 AM
Hey...it's Rose Dud!
...about time you posted in Banter Hall, dud!
...I mean DUDE! laugh p laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 01:33 AM
laugh laugh

ok, here's another couple of really good pics from the fire that i took yesterday while r.d. barbeque'd chicken. notice the propane tank next to the pot of lily of the valley that melted, but didn't burn lala talk about being fortunate!

[Linked Image]

and the mossy stuff that didn't even singe...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tonya Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 11:48 AM
kissies Thank you God for protecting my friend and her family! angell
Posted By: weezie13 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Question Jiff?????
That pot above, listed as LoV, doesn't look like LoV's.. are they up yet? Or will they be up?

And you are very kissies
Especially if anyone was standing outthere at the time it went off.. angell
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 15th, 2007 at 12:52 PM
You were very lucky Jiffy that tank didnt catch...i agree with Tonya....someone was watching over you and your's angell angell angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 16th, 2007 at 01:09 AM
as i've said many times in the last 3 days, i definitly had the hand of God on me and mine.

and weezie, that pot has such a hodgepodge of stuff in it. i've been thinking the last 2 years i needed to empty it and repot it. it has either lov's or lily of the nile in it, liriope, AND cannas from Renee! Remember her? i so miss her, she was a great gardener and i haven't heard from her since she moved Duh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 16th, 2007 at 01:16 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
<strong> and weezie, that pot has such a hodgepodge of stuff in it. i've been thinking the last 2 years i needed to empty it and repot it. it has either lov's or lily of the nile in it, liriope, AND cannas from Renee! Remember her? i so miss her, she was a great gardener and i haven't heard from her since she moved thumbup flw **)

YESSSSSSSSSS, I remember Renee...
She was from up here *(Rochester/Brockport)* or something like that one.. I do miss her alot...
I used to chat w/her alot..
*She got divorced and moved, haven't heard from her since.. eek *
Posted By: Anonymous Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 16th, 2007 at 01:38 AM
yep. she was in norther va, and i do miss her. she and i emailed. maybe i'll try to dig up her email address if i still have it.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: the fire at my house (photos) - March 16th, 2007 at 02:00 AM
I thought she moved.. Duh
and I know the email crit address is no frown longer valid. eek eek :p
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]