Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#145803 Oct 26th, 2007 at 04:03 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I did tootsie pop spiders last year. He is in the same class with mostly the same kids. Gotta mix it up a little.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #145805 Oct 26th, 2007 at 04:11 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
At Athena's school we just had to take in 2 bags of wrapped candy---so I took it in today---oh and today was Pumpkin Carving day.....THAT was fun....about 50 kids and parents packed in the cafeteria and it was probably eighty some degrees in there and I had a fleece shirt on. rolz

Sure am glad Mark went too, I've never carved a pumpkin before.... lol He hadn't either but I knew he wouldn't mind just jumping in and doing it.

Wednesday is their school parade where they dress up and walk around the school yard for everyone......we have to take her to that too.

#145818 Oct 26th, 2007 at 05:23 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
We get the kids for halloween this year. Joey is going to be a dead football player, Ashley is going to be a southern bell, and Mandy is going to be Princess Arwen (sp?) from lord of the rings. I'll make sure to get pics on Wednesday night but won't be able to post until Thursday or Friday. We will be taking the kids out trick or treating so we won't be home to give out any candy.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
We lived out in the country when the kids were small--i can only remember 1 child coming to our house--(the neighbor;s girl--they were on their way to town to T or T.)

We would go into town for Halloween nights--- one night so the girls could trick or treat & then the next night go to "grandma's house" to see all the costumes everyone ele had--they girls loved it--

now with being in town--(we still have 2 nights here, because of the parade)
I have to buy lots of candy--I expect about 100 or so.

I too just buy so much & then turn out the lights when the candy is gone. :wink:

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Today we found Maxi's Magi's costume from last year's Christmas pageant. He tried it on and it is way too big for him now, but he'll be able to wear sweats under it and not freeze with just those thin cotton layers. I have some minor mending to do at the neckline and the tunic needs pressed but everything else is in great shape! He is so going to sparkle under all those street lights.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
#146722 Oct 29th, 2007 at 08:57 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by loz

Jess do you have a pic of you dressed up from that year? lol

I do somewhere. I will look for them. They were from a film camera though so I will have to scan it. I was Krusty the Clown and James was Bart. We went with another couple and they were Marge and Homer. lol It was so much fun!!

#146726 Oct 29th, 2007 at 09:03 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol I only ever dressed up as an adult the one time when I was the Grim Reaper......going thru all the haunted houses that night I was terrified, and I looked like I should've been working in them so I shouldn't have been scared. touched

#146741 Oct 29th, 2007 at 10:05 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
We went with my sis and her b/f on Saturday night to a place that had 3 haunted houses and a nightmare corn maze. It was fun!

#146751 Oct 29th, 2007 at 11:24 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I can't do that stuff anymore....I'm too much of a chicken! lol Glad you had a good time though. thumbup I HATE being grabbed in one of those things. nervous

#147051 Oct 29th, 2007 at 07:27 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
My daughter finally got her costume with me, last Thursday night. She needed to wear it for the Halloween concert she was performing in on Friday. Well........... at first she wanted to be Wonder Woman, because a few of her friends were being superheros. But 1 of the costumes was $65, and the other just did not work on her! So she "settled" for a "sexy" police officer! I insisted that she wear leggings and a cammy under the VERY short and tight "dress" of the costume - she agreed.

She went to a school club party that was a regional dance Saturday night in NJ, and won the BIG raffle prize. We cannot believe what she got! THREE $30 gift cards to the movie theater in the mall - yep - $90 worth!!! And a really cute clock that is sold at Brookstone that's also worth $30! AND... an ipod speaker pillow - perfect since she just got her first ipod last week! And a cute ghost beanie toy, and a small trophy with a pumpkin on it that says #1. It MORE than paid for the $30 costume!!!

[color:#993300]Now for some of my Halloween outdoor decorations...
[Linked Image]

I had to cover my passionflower vine on trellis last night, as temps. were in the 20's. The cover made it look like a ghost, so I went with it and added a Frankenstein pillow I have for the head.
[Linked Image]

Took advantage of this sheppard's hook...
[Linked Image]

[color:#000000]
More next post........v[/color]
[/color]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Continued from above post...

Here are 2 more stuffed spiders that I got at the dollar store last year...

On the front door handle...
[Linked Image]

On a rhododendron next to the front steps...
[Linked Image]

And the witch doorknocker that says in a very witchy voice...
Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeen!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
[color:#FF6600] [b] [font:Verdana]My daughter finally got her costume with me, last Thursday night. She needed to wear it for the Halloween concert she was performing in on Friday. Well........... at first she wanted to be Wonder Woman, because a few of her friends were being superheros. But 1 of the costumes was $65, and the other just did not work on her! So she "settled" for a "sexy" police officer! I insisted that she wear leggings and a cammy under the VERY short and tight "dress" of the costume - she agreed.

She went to a school club party that was a regional dance Saturday night in NJ, and won the BIG raffle prize. We cannot believe what she got! THREE $30 gift cards to the movie theater in the mall - yep - $90 worth!!! And a really cute clock that is sold at Brookstone that's also worth $30! AND... an ipod speaker pillow - perfect since she just got her first ipod last week! And a cute ghost beanie toy, and a small trophy with a pumpkin on it that says #1. It MORE than paid for the $30 costume!!!

[color:#993300]Now for some of my Halloween outdoor decorations...
[Linked Image]

I had to cover my passionflower vine on trellis last night, as temps. were in the 20's. The cover made it look like a ghost, so I went with it and added a Frankenstein pillow I have for the head.
[Linked Image]

Took advantage of this sheppard's hook...
[Linked Image]

Lynne--Wow!! I am so happy for your daughter !!! Won't she have fun at the movies !! And I love your Decorations---I especially love "Frankenstein". thumbup

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Amy must be a happier teen this year, Lynne. That should make you a happier mother, too. Great haul she got.
Your decor is adorable. Seasonal without spooking the little ones. I like it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Continued from above post...

Here are 2 more stuffed spiders that I got at the dollar store last year...

On the front door handle...
[Linked Image]

On a rhododendron next to the front steps...
[Linked Image]

And the witch doorknocker that says in a very witchy voice...
Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeen!
[Linked Image]

OK--so I love these decorations too, Lynne---they are so cute--- clap

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I like the frankenstein....good thinking on that. I also like to do Halloweeny stuff without scaring the little ones. Some people on this street have such scary things I feel bad for the little kids. And congrats to Amy for her big win!!!

Got mhy 150 candy baggies all made up and ready to go....usually I sit outside but if it's too cold I might just stay inside. I'll take pics at the Halloween parade tomorrow at school. thumbup

#147179 Oct 30th, 2007 at 08:56 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
shock 150 treat bags!! That seems like a lot to me but we don't get trick or treaters at our house so I don't really know what it is like to have kids come to trick or treat.

#147189 Oct 30th, 2007 at 10:10 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I don't even think they'll last the whole time. I'm just too cheap to buy more. lol

#147193 Oct 30th, 2007 at 11:03 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
We used to get kids by the carloads here when we first moved in. The parents would drive them all over the neighborhood and park the cars at the end of the street and let their kids lose!

Now if we get 15 kids it's a lot!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I don't get even 1 kid at my house besides my own! lol I would like to see all the kids dressed up though so that would be fun to have them all come to your door! I grew up in the country too so we never had them come to our house. I lived in town for a few years before I moved to where I am not but I lived on a street that didn't get hardly any trick or treaters. I bought a TON of candy thinking I was going to have all these kids because I lived in town but I got about 5 the whole night! I was disappointed!

#147314 Oct 30th, 2007 at 06:52 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Ok - I mentioned down in the CH that I would post a picture of my daughter in her Halloween costume up here. I'm only going to leave it up for a short while though.

Can you see where I made her wear the cammy up top to hide more revealing skin?
And the leggings because it's oh-so-short?!!?!?!?!?
The right shoulder has a large police patch on it.

Last edited by plants 'n pots; Oct 30th, 2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: we didn't want strangers looking at her, so I only posted it briefly for my friends here to see.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Very Nice costume!!!!!!! The Leggings was a VERY good Idea!! shock thumbup :wink: She is such a pretty Young Lady!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Awwwwwwwwww, thanks, Diane!

I'm going to take it down now... not sure how long we have to edit here...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'm Glad you put it up even for a few minutes,, clap grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Lynne how come you didn't leave the picture up? Sorry I missed it. I just came in here for the first time, to see if there was a lot of Halloween pictures.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
boohoo i didn't get to see, 'cause i wasn't home yet rspb lynne, will you pm it to me?

#147425 Oct 30th, 2007 at 09:28 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Me too Lynne.....pretty please. grin

#147441 Oct 31st, 2007 at 07:07 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I would like to see it too! grin

#147443 Oct 31st, 2007 at 07:53 AM
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Very cute decorations!!

The spiders made me nervous lol

I read back in the old topics and I noticed Cindy's....Holy Koogamooga. lol We haven't heard that one in a loooong time. I haven't anyways!

#147451 Oct 31st, 2007 at 09:08 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
And I said I was never coming to his house if that spider was from there....think I broke that rule. lol

Be leaving in a bit to get Athena dressed for her school parade.

#147460 Oct 31st, 2007 at 09:57 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I think you did break that rule Loz! lol

Oh I bet Athena is so excited!! Have fun!!

#147471 Oct 31st, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Bill... those decorations are very cool! thumbup

I was at Christmas Tree Shops bright and early this morning, and they had just marked down all of their Halloween decorations to 75% off! There wasn't much left, but I just had to get these pretty cloth placemats for 75 CENTS each! I put them on the front door as soon as I got home!

[Linked Image]

And close up...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and another great buy in the post below...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
CTS had lots of Halloween costume jewelry left, but they weren't with the other Halloween items. So when I got to the register and asked if they were also 75% off, the manager said... "they were supposed to be pulled off the floor before the sale, but since they weren't, I'll give them to you at the sale price". YIPPPPPPPEE! clap Not that it was that expensive to begin with, but at 50 CENTS how could I not buy it? (I wanted to go get more, but she was impatient and I didn't want to push the deal!)

It's the perfect pin to hold my Halloween scarf onto my jacket! thumbup
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I love the place mats Lynne! The pin is very cute and good for holding your scarf indeed! You got some fabulous deals!!

#147532 Oct 31st, 2007 at 02:59 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Bill~~~ I like your Halloween decorations,, I wasn't a member when you originally posted those, Thanks for Bringing it back today!!! clap

Lynne your front door is the Door ALL kids want to go trick or treating to on Halloween,, clap

I like the pin for your scarf,, What a good deal! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks, Diane - I forgot to show the matching earrings that I also got for 50 cents - got a pair for Amy too.

[Linked Image]

(they are the same color as the pin, but the camera flash faded them out...)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I FINALLY found the link to Bill's decorations y'all were talking about!

One of the things I love about Mr. Bill is that he has a touch of whimsy in his soul.

Nice decorations, Bill!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #147586 Oct 31st, 2007 at 04:36 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Jonni is dressing Ted up as a girl. He won't mind at all unless he is cold. Ted is not very girly. When I picked him up from school today he and his girlfriend were sitting out a dance and nuzzling each other. (Holding hands and leaning on each other more like.) It was cute but not allowed. Nobody was watching.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #147594 Oct 31st, 2007 at 05:36 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Cute stuff Lynne, and Tina....Ted has a girlfriend huh? That's so sweet.

Going to post a few pics in my lounge.

#147595 Oct 31st, 2007 at 05:52 PM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
We just got in from trick or treating. My little Jeff Gordon had a ball!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,876
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image