Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sunflowers #164485 Dec 28th, 2007 at 08:00 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Prayers for a speedy recovery for Carol Jean and many prayers for Jiffy and family!! prayers

#165070 Dec 29th, 2007 at 08:50 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi's littlest brother, Nathaniel, age 9 months, is in ICU. On Christmas Day he was diagnosed with croup but even under a doctors care, he deteriorated rapidly. They believe there is an underlying condition that is preventing him from responding to treatment but can't do the diagnostic testing he needs until he begins to improve. He also had a bad allergic reaction to one of the breathing medications they gave him, and his airways swelled terribly. They said the next 24 hours are crucial, so please pray for his strength and healing.

I could hear the little fella gasping for air and making that awful croup sound over the phone when I was speaking with his mom. It was the most frightening and sad sound I've ever heard, poor wee lad.

I'll keep you updated as I hear.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #165072 Dec 29th, 2007 at 08:57 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
prayers prayers for the little one.

#165097 Dec 30th, 2007 at 04:45 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Prayers for Nathaniel.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #165355 Dec 30th, 2007 at 01:35 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Prayers for little Nathanial and CarolJean and all asked or silent-
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #165374 Dec 30th, 2007 at 03:45 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thank you all for prayers.

i have an update on carol jean. she is home, and is doing well. it will be a few days before she is on, but she sounds good, feels good, and is resting. surgery was more involved than planned, but was also successful.

#165403 Dec 30th, 2007 at 04:30 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thanks for the update on Carol Jean, Jiffy!

An update on baby Nathaniel...

He got out of the ICU late this afternoon. He is still on oxygen and has IV's and breathing treatments every 2 hours. When he improves, they are going to scope him to see if he has cysts in his airways. His mom told me that he was able to sip something and not gag for the first time in 5 days and was sleeping when we were on the phone.

So he is improving.

Thanks all for your continued prayers.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #165427 Dec 30th, 2007 at 05:32 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Thanks for the update on baby Nathaniel Merme!

#165811 Dec 31st, 2007 at 04:07 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Thanks for the update on Carol and Nathaniel. They are both in my prayers.

[Linked Image]

I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raised me up to be more than I can be.
ladyslipper #165899 Dec 31st, 2007 at 07:13 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
hello all :
First let me say my prayers go out to Jiffy's family---,

I hope Loz is feeling better, here as time goes on---
----and----
For little Nathaniel. Wee little ones touch my heart all the more--

-Praying frequently for all in need----spoken & unspoken---

now about me-----(next post)

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #165905 Dec 31st, 2007 at 07:30 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I did not think I would be able to get on the computer for a few days---but if I push on the chair I can get down & back up, so I got to get on earlier than I told Jiffy I thought I would be able to. clap

Before Rod goes back to work (day after tomorrow) I will have him put the captain's chair we borrowed from my mom here by the computer & then I will just sit & watch TV in here. (the computer is in Emily's old room and this is where we also have a small TV.) Apparently I was supposed to have using such a chair all along to keep from using my stomach muscles when sitting down & getting up.

Surgery was the 27th--I was to stay overnight--but as I had to opened up in 1 small area, I stayed extra time.

Saturday, I got sick in the hospital --AGAIN--- but I was quicker on the uptake, & so it didn't go into pneumonia this time. But I still got Nausea, dry heaves, some emisis & coughing, as well.
I came home last evening (Sunday 3:30pm)
Today I began taking cough supressant--to stop the coughing-- and removed my bandages--I feel better without the bandages---but it will take a long time to completely recover--I am doing little of nothing in the mean time.
-----------More time for me to visit with all of you clap------------------

I appreciate, more than you all know, the thoughts & prayers of my Family here. kissie :wink: it means quite a lot to me.

________

JunieGirl #165931 Dec 31st, 2007 at 08:09 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
prayers praying for your continued recovery, as well as for baby nathanial, and all who need it!

#166489 Jan 1st, 2008 at 04:41 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
continue prayers for you Carol and for Nathanial too prayers

[Linked Image]

I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raised me up to be more than I can be.
ladyslipper #166628 Jan 1st, 2008 at 07:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks everyone--- kissie

continued prayers for Baby Nathaniel

________

JunieGirl #166854 Jan 2nd, 2008 at 08:50 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thanks all for your continued prayers for Nathaniel. He really needs them. He is still in the hospital and having regular crises. He has lost 3 lbs just working so hard to breathe.

He had one afternoon when he was alert and his mom said his little personality was just shining and he was able to play with a few small toys. Mostly he is just making too big of an effort to breathe.

Christine, of course, is exhausted, staying 24/7 at the hospital. She would love to have someone come who could stay for a short period so she could grab a shower or something but all the visitors have been quick visits. I told her to ask the nurse for a time when they could send a student nurse in or an aide to stay with the baby so she could shower. Fortunately, her dad is the kitchen supervisor and he's been sending her meals suitable for her special diet.

Danforth, age 6, got all upset realizing that his little brother was going to spend his first New Year's Eve in the hospital and inisisted that his grandmother bring him over to stay with his brother. Since they are in a family room, that wasn't a problem, so Danforth went to the hospital to be with his brother for NYE. Of course, he was fast asleep by 9 lol but he felt much better for being there with his little brother.

We all just wish that things would begin to steadily improve for the baby and that the docs can figure out what is really going on with him.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #166866 Jan 2nd, 2008 at 09:07 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme thanks you so much for the update.

I hope things improve soon for the little dear.
He has my continued prayers. prayers

________

JunieGirl #167996 Jan 4th, 2008 at 06:11 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good news on Nathaniel!

He was released from the hospital late this afternoon after 24 hours with no crisis. He was sent home with a bunch of medications, an assortment of breathing treatments and follow-up appointments but at least he is well enough to be home.

He still has no voice and his mother will have to be very attentive to notice his silent cries should he have difficulties but she said he is more like his old self and walking (yes, he's been walking independently for three weeks and is only 9 months old!) around trying to catch his big brother's kitten. This is a big relief after days and days of seeing him so lathargic and unable to breathe.

His mom asked me to thank you all for your prayers.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #168278 Jan 5th, 2008 at 06:09 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
merme, once again--thanks for the update---

I am so glad that Nathaniel is getting better, and was able to come home---My continued prayers to him and to the whole family prayers

________

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,906
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image