Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#161677 Dec 16th, 2007 at 09:47 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
I was down at the gas station the other day and saw 2 kitties, stray of course! I have been going down there and feeding, well I nabbed one of them. A adorable little female with a bob tail! Very sweet and pregnant! shock The other one was a black and white bob tail but somewhat wild, I could not get a hold of it! tears Going to keep trying, but first thing tomorrow I am getting a appointment to have the one I did get spayed, she will be another house kitty I guess! rolz Will get a pic in a day or two!

THEN......today, me and mom we at walmart, and as luck would have it....ANOTHER STRAY FEMALE in the garden center. egad I went back in and got a net from sporting goods but we could not get her either. The employees have been feeding her (thank goodness) and we will go back with traps to try to get her! Mom will take that one and I will work on getting the other one from the gas station.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
faerywatcher #161721 Dec 17th, 2007 at 03:39 AM
May God bless you and your mother!

Gata #161734 Dec 17th, 2007 at 06:59 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
[Linked Image] AWWWWWW Wendy! You and your mom are the sweetest!

kissieThank you sooooooooooooo much for giving those poor animals a chance at a wonderful life! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #161795 Dec 17th, 2007 at 09:47 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
kissie Wendy, can you tell me exactly where you live? lol I think some of my cows might be strays pretty soon. grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #161827 Dec 17th, 2007 at 10:28 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sunflowers #161913 Dec 17th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
kissie Wendy, can you tell me exactly where you live? lol I think some of my cows might be strays pretty soon. grin
haha haha haha I have had a not so great day, THIS WAS HILARIOUS! haha haha

Still don't have a pic of her yet, but I DO HAVE an appointment to get her spayed on wednesday! Thank God, the program I get help from will pay for her surgery, all I have to pay for is an $8 rabies and $8 booster! :ding:

I have named her Noel! I think it is fitting since she is a Christmas kitty (so to speak). She seems very grateful for her warm bed and full bowl of food!

Last edited by faerywatcher; Dec 17th, 2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

faerywatcher #161921 Dec 17th, 2007 at 06:43 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I love that name, Wendy!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #161926 Dec 17th, 2007 at 06:55 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
[Linked Image] AWWWWWW Wendy! You and your mom are the sweetest!

kissieThank you sooooooooooooo much for giving those poor animals a chance at a wonderful life! kissie

Wendy---you and your mom ARE the sweetest people. Bless you so much for helping all the little stray kitties. kissie

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #161962 Dec 17th, 2007 at 08:43 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
and i third that emotion. even the reduced cost on the spaying/neutering here is $40. and i have a male feral cat i need to get in. not sure when/how i'm going to, gotta get a trap for him, but he has to go.

#162134 Dec 18th, 2007 at 08:51 AM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Keerful, yung'un! You'll end up like me with 15 ADULT cats in yor house! Actually, I was crazy over them. I have NO cats (right now) but do have an adorable and feisty bunny as well as a Catahoula Leopard Dog puppy.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #162207 Dec 18th, 2007 at 01:24 PM
3k Posts
3k Posts
Thorny lets see pics of the puppy, as well as Wendys Kitty.

[Linked Image]
glenda #162229 Dec 18th, 2007 at 02:18 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Here is Lucky, the Catahoula Leopard Dog.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thornius #162314 Dec 18th, 2007 at 11:25 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Thornius
Keerful, yung'un! You'll end up like me with 15 ADULT cats in yor house! Actually, I was crazy over them. I have NO cats (right now) but do have an adorable and feisty bunny as well as a Catahoula Leopard Dog puppy.

Oh, i am not too worried, have alot of room inside and out for them. We have a non-profit group that she headed up, so occasionally we get pet food donations which help tremendously! She cares for let's just say----more than 2 and less than 100. i only have 11 cats and 2 large dogs....at the moment! notme

faerywatcher #162319 Dec 19th, 2007 at 04:05 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
tht is so nice of you and your mom, Wendy !!Do you find homes for these animals in between times ??

________

JunieGirl #162364 Dec 19th, 2007 at 10:19 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Wendy - do you have those 11 cats all indoors? I can't even imagine that!
It gets a little crazed here when we are catsitting my sons 2 cats and that makes 5!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #162425 Dec 19th, 2007 at 05:51 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thorn

I like the puppy.

What does they type do? Short haired are nice an neat.
What is his name?
Thorn Jr?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #162435 Dec 19th, 2007 at 06:17 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Thorn

I like the puppy.

What does they type do? Short haired are nice an neat.
What is his name?
Thorn Jr?

His name is Lucky. Catahoula Leopard Dogs were first discovered living with the Chickasaw Indians in the area of central Louisiana and are, in fact, probably the only breed of dog developed by an American Indian group. They ALL have marbelized blue and brown eyes, white chest and toes, and some spotting on theor bodies (hence the name Leopard). Other wise there is a LARGE discrepancy in body sizes, builds, coloration, and patterning. Catahoulas are SUPERB hunting dogs, willing and happy to give chase to ANY other animal, from Squirrels, to Mountain Lions and Bears. Lucky himself goes crazy whenever he sees a squirrel in the yard. He also tries to nibble Two Bean Bag's toes, but the bunny can easily hold his own against Lucky. Catahoulas are excellent herding dogs, often used to herd cattle and pigs.

[Linked Image]

Thornius #162439 Dec 19th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup

That's where I heard that name....Herding dogs.

Lucky looks young and frisky indeed......

Sounds like a good bargain. Put a red bow on Lucky for a christmas photo..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
JunieGirl #163252 Dec 22nd, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
tht is so nice of you and your mom, Wendy !!Do you find homes for these animals in between times ??

I don't and mom used to, but she had to weed thru so many people just to find 1 good (and permanent) home that she does not fool with it anymore. She has adopted out a few over the past couple of years to clients and such.

plants 'n pots #163253 Dec 22nd, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Wendy - do you have those 11 cats all indoors? I can't even imagine that!
It gets a little crazed here when we are catsitting my sons 2 cats and that makes 5!

NO, I only have 3 in the house. I have covered kennels outside for the rest----certain ones have to be seperate from the others......
Kiwi, Summerbear, and Polly are in a pen by themselves because they have been exposed to aids and leukemia--but they are not sick
Wednesday is in another---he is diabetic
Midnight and Callibell is in another one
thinking I was through for now.....
Gremlin and Goblin (the kittens I got from the lake bank this summer) are in yet another one
So I have 4 pens outside.... egad

Noel, the kitty I just got....she was spayed on wednesday and the vet said she had been shot with a pellet gun! madd madd So now I really feel that I need to get the other kitty that is still at that gas station! I really hate people sometimes, I am sure it was kids, but that just tells me that they will grow up to be animal haters!

Still have not got pics yet, BUT I WILL!

faerywatcher #163258 Dec 22nd, 2007 at 11:16 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
bless you wendy, and your mom. cats, dogs, and other animals need human angels and you are one.

#163521 Dec 23rd, 2007 at 09:56 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
blush thank you!

faerywatcher #163546 Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Jiffy said it best--and a merry Chriatmas to you and to your people and your kitty family---

________

JunieGirl #164067 Dec 26th, 2007 at 04:41 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
update......Christmas night me and mom headed up to walmart armed with 3 traps and canned salmon to "attempt" to catch those now 2 kitties there. We gave up....there is 4 that we know of! boohoo We left the food for them and decided to leave them be........alot of people are feeding them there and they can get in the warm part of the garden center.....maybe someone else will make the effort to give them homes.....or at least get them spayed and neutered.....we can only pray! prayers In the mean time, I am still working on getting that other bobtail kitty from the gas station here in town. She went into the trap 3 times but did not go far enough back to trigger the door closed. madd She stays between the coke and ice machine, I guess it is warm back there with the motors. She is soooo sweet, she recognizes me now and comes running up when I pull in, she is still very leary! If only she knew she would be coming to a house where she would never go cold or hungry...... nervous I will keep you posted and one of these days will get a picture of Noel who we are now calling Tiffany----if and when I get the other one-----she looks like a Christina!

faerywatcher #164091 Dec 26th, 2007 at 07:24 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
bless you wendy kissie and thank you for the update.

#166671 Jan 1st, 2008 at 07:35 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
shock shock WELL.........I just got back from trying to get the other kitty at the gas station. They were closed so I figured she would be hungry and easier to get. I had both the trap and a carrier out and was almost ready to grab her (I took sardines with me rspb) and would'nt you know it, a guy came out and got something out of his truck. Thinking it was the owner of the place notme I went up to him and asked about the "cats"........they are his! nervous I told him I had been trying to catch them thinking that they were dumped (remember I already have one of them) notme I asked about the "other one that was not there" and he said someone took her and he wants to know who! notme notme Of course I did not say me.......I just looked concerned! Then I said since this one does "have a home", I will not try to get her! rolz YEAH RIGHT! rolz

So now I am thinking yeah, she gets fed, but that sure is not a very good life having to live under propane tanks and a parked vehicle in the fenced area. nervous Not to mention she could get poisoned "for the heck of it" by someone who does not like cats madd .........or get into antifreeze since it is a gas station! boohoo I still want her, she would be safe and happy for the rest of her life here. She would also be a house kitty with the one I already took. It has got to be her sister or daughter. She was sooooo cold tonite when I was feeding her! tears nervous

I guess I will start feeding her off the property on a street right behind the gas station, it is dark back there and I would not be trespassing. I just can't stand the thought of her there even though he "claims" her......PLUS in the spring there WILL be kittens.....then what is he going to do! egad

faerywatcher #166687 Jan 1st, 2008 at 07:44 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
blush

You silly girl.......

Don't get yourself hurt over a cat.

Nite time an get clobbered.

Happy new year.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #167336 Jan 3rd, 2008 at 01:01 AM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
blush

You silly girl.......

Don't get yourself hurt over a cat.

Nite time an get clobbered.

Happy new year.

b

haha haha not to worry, I will be ever so careful, plus it helps that this town pretty much is a ghost town after 6!

faerywatcher #167337 Jan 3rd, 2008 at 01:02 AM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
I hope that little kitty is warm so where right now......I think it is 9 degrees here right now!

faerywatcher #167366 Jan 3rd, 2008 at 06:43 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good morning-

wendy think positive---perhpas the kitty has access to a warm spot somewhere in or around the garage---we can hope so anyway--

as Barb said--be careful--you know a "ghost" town might be more condusive to an attack then a large busy town.------- and good luck !!

Last edited by JunieGirl; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 06:44 AM.

________

JunieGirl #167369 Jan 3rd, 2008 at 06:49 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
rolz

Someone might think of something else besides a kitty, if they know your routine.

I keep my neighbors confused, by changing my routine all the time.......It keeps them guessing.......No matter what one does, the other says ,"Oh I can do that too".......Takes the fun out of it all.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #168268 Jan 5th, 2008 at 02:23 AM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
I went down there 2 nights ago to feed her and she was sooooooooooooooooo cold! She had waded up the door mat at the front door and tried to make a bed. I left food and decided to come back home for a "make shift" house and some bedding.

So I go BACK down there with a box taped opened at one end and some bedding and AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT.................her little door mat bed was GONE and the owner was there! yikes He was unloading some stuff into the store, I showed him what I was bringing for her, he said "oh, she will love that, what a good idea". I am thinking YEAH, TOO BAD YOU COULD NOT HAVE ENGINEERED SUCH A HAD TASK......A BOX WITH A BED! He went on to say that is why God gave animals hair so they would not need shelter! madd[Linked Image] so I replied "so you don't think offering her a bed out of caring is necessary?" He said "NOPE, NOT REALLY".[Linked Image][Linked Image] so without thinking, this pops out of my mouth.....well God made our bodies be able to with stand days and days without food, does that mean we should do it? egad So now I am probably on this guys bad side just as he is on mine now! I did drive by there today on the way out of town, and the box and bedding was still there. THANK GOODNESS!

I guess he thinks it is enough that he throws chicken to her........that way his little heart can rest easy knowing that he has done his part! In the meantime, she is still cold, subject to getting poisoned accidently or on purpose, run over, and not to mention will at some point have liter after liter of kittens there with the same way of life!

I AM CERTAINLY GOING TO GET HER NOW! Just may take a while, going to lure her around back, off the property, and start feeding her there, then try trapping. I can give her a much better life than Jo Blow is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faerywatcher #168312 Jan 5th, 2008 at 07:42 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
nono

Me thinks your going to get in trouble...
Cats and dogs only are supposed to eat one time a day.
Most are over fed.......He probably has it for a mouser there....An you stole one......
I fear for you ......If he gets nasty.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb carefulllllllllllll.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #168315 Jan 5th, 2008 at 08:11 AM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Bless your heart Wendy! The kittens are so lucky they have you!

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
dodge #168359 Jan 5th, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
nono

Me thinks your going to get in trouble...
Cats and dogs only are supposed to eat one time a day.
Most are over fed.......He probably has it for a mouser there....An you stole one......
I fear for you ......If he gets nasty.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb carefulllllllllllll.

b

Don't worry, I will! If he seemed like he was interested in it and would have provided shelter and get her spayed, I would leave it alone. But being that she is not spayed, he will just be adding to the problem of unwanted cats that there already are not enough homes for.

I will be careful though! thumbup

faerywatcher #168366 Jan 5th, 2008 at 12:15 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Good

We had a case go to court over a dog ........Like that .

OK ..
So your an animal lover......MY friend is talking of getting a parrot.. Which will please afgreyparrot.. haha
Her cousin has a grey one I think red tailed.

I like puppys the best.....We have a heinz......Many varieties..Free.
IZIK......is the name.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #168959 Jan 6th, 2008 at 03:52 PM
I am the MOMKAT! Aka Faerywatchers parental unit. She is following in my footsteps and I am SOSOOOSOOSOSOSO proud!!!!

Good going girl!

Please dont litter...spay/neuter your pets!
(Bob Barker isnt available to say this everyday, so I will) cat

"Cat Slave".....actually I am the one who carries the buckets!!!!

Be kind, dont "litter". Please spay or neuter your pets.
brightly #170805 Jan 11th, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
blush THANKS MOM! :ding:

faerywatcher #170807 Jan 11th, 2008 at 11:13 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! luv

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #181564 Feb 12th, 2008 at 07:02 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Finally got a pic of Noel..............who is now Penny!
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,927
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image