Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by toposh
idk how close i am to miami i am i think were right on the coast i just cant wait till it warms up! my sunflowers i hope they dont die they were just starting to open up!!!!!!! and its taken like over a month but atleast i wont be outta money i get them from my cockateils birdseed, lol their really pretty one was bloomed but something ate the stem

Have to tell my 2 neices down there, they can grow sunflowers.. One is in Stuart, the other Interlachen, Florida..........2 different families.

I am helping the one raise posies.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
are they snow sun flowers nooo just plain old out and out cold here, felt bad today I stayed up to keep my dumb dogs from taking the cover out of their dog houses why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
yikes

12ยบ degrees in Pennsylvania.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
20 here and my dumb dogs are out running around in it

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
yikes

Well they say it is going to be a 2 dog nite........ lol lol

Maybe they heard that..
b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
haha they do get in one dog hose when it drops this low, they are so dumb, I told my husband next time we get a dog, let's not get one so dumb neener

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
It's down to 39.7 down here. Yea the sunflowers one day i just wanted to see if they would grow from the birseed of my bird to prove my grandma and mom wrong they said it wouldnt grow and i just stuck them in the ground didnt do anything to the soil we just have sand and like 2 weeks later (the ones planted in shade) 4 days (the ones in full sun) they started growing, Ill i did was water them and their so big and getting taller and starting to bloom but the frost like i said is prolly going to kill them =( but oh well ill just plant more =)
but their really resistant dodge, and when i clena out her cage i have sunflowers grow in the yard too until they get mowed over, lol... but yea dodge it was fun growing them so im sure they'd like it!

ive never heard of those towns dodge are they big city towns or more rural, idk much about florida never really liked it down here except for being able to grow alot of plants because of the weather.

Heres a pic of the first one i planted it was back in late october??..., it started blooming just here in december it wasnt planted in full shad and only got morning and before sunset sun so thats why its stem isnt as thick and its wasnt very tall but like i said the animals got to it but here is a pick of it before it got eaten grr...
the bloom wasnt fully open in this pick idk what happned to the other pics

[Linked Image]

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
i said it was planted in partial shade right?

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
shock

Hey your acting like a farmer there......39 .......It may not go that low..

Even 30 is not serious..
Cross your toe nail......an go to sleep. bow

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
lol, i dont sleep but 4 hours a day not a very much sleep person dont like to miss anything and its only 9:00 i dont go to bed till 1:00 1:30

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
yikes

Dont you work or anything??????????
We know nothing of you..............male

School????????

Us retires sleep till 8 if possible.......When it is cold we like to sleep.
If we were bears we cold sleep all winter........
4 Hours ............you need more than that to be healthy.
Or do you run around town and clean all the yards?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
I do online schooling, all the work around here u have to be 16 and over i looked, but i stay busy helping my mom, cooking cleaning, and i baby sit my neice when my sister woorks which is all the time except today, and i do go over to my grandmas and help her with her garden but not lately becuase we all have been taken it easy and the town she lives in she got frost the toher night so all her plants died except her bushes and trees and such things the yards around here are really clean i dont talk to neighbors to see if they need help they dont like kids idk why but they dont oh and i do alot of shopping my mom dont sleep much and neither does her grandma so i think it runs in the family my great grandma gets the same sleep i do she lives in tell city in. she said last night it was 11 degress there

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I've been thinking about some on line school

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
don't know where I'd find the time I'm on the road so much haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
i dont get it lol

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
I do online schooling, all the work around here u have to be 16 and over i looked, but i stay busy helping my mom, cooking cleaning, and i baby sit my neice when my sister woorks which is all the time except today, and i do go over to my grandmas and help her with her garden but not lately becuase we all have been taken it easy and the town she lives in she got frost the toher night so all her plants died except her bushes and trees and such things the yards around here are really clean i dont talk to neighbors to see if they need help they dont like kids idk why but they dont oh and i do alot of shopping my mom dont sleep much and neither does her grandma so i think it runs in the family my great grandma gets the same sleep i do she lives in tell city in. she said last night it was 11 degress there

You sound like a good person.......
Nice you help all of them ......I know it is hard to sleep here in the summer. But not many only sleep 4 hours..I usually do 7 .........
My nephew in florida is working at school maybe student teaching.. While he takes Online classes to be a teacher......

That must be common there>>.
My other neice moved to Florida a year ago, and took classes to become a Realtor and a Security guard.............She is ambitious ......Loves florida.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I'd love to take an on line class....but I'm up at 6 take my daughter to school, 17 miles there, 17 miles back, then have a couple hours fpor house work, washing etc, then hop back in the car run back up ther to pick her up 17 up there 17 back and usually 3 days a week hubby has me drive some where to pick something he wants up, or go look at something he wants for him

this week end I made a 4 hour drive 8 times and have to go again this coming week end, so it mnakes it hard to take a class at all. But I'd love one

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I did 4 hours sleep back when I was young...but it'll catch up with you

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
well, i am freezing. i've tried not to brag about the warm weather, but winter finally made it to georgia. it is 30 now, supposed to get to the low 20's with windchill to the low teens. i hate cold rspb

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
me too. I almost froze today going to the mail box, then wasn't a thing out there worth the trip rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
thats what i want to do become a realtor,

yea online school down here is becoming really popular becuase its easir then having to go all the way acroos town and you actually learn more i think becuase in public schooling the teachers dont give you much attention on mine they will give you as much as you need to learn something (math) not my best subject... but its also much safer!! the public schools down here arent very safe though well at least. I know when i was in public school kids were going around drinking alcohol outta water bottles it was a mess as soon as i told my mom bout that she took me my bro outta there! theres only one draw back i dont get to see my firends that often as i would like too...

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
suzzy days im sorry that you cant take the classes you want wow your one busy person!

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thats what i want to do become a realtor,

yea online school down here is becoming really popular becuase its easir then having to go all the way acroos town and you actually learn more i think becuase in public schooling the teachers dont give you much attention on mine they will give you as much as you need to learn something (math) not my best subject... but its also much safer!! the public schools down here arent very safe though well at least. I know when i was in public school kids were going around drinking alcohol outta water bottles it was a mess as soon as i told my mom bout that she took me my bro outta there! theres only one draw back i dont get to see my firends that often as i would like too...

I under stand that ......
Must have a good mom.....
Safer and cheaper....No need for new clothes and shoes all the time.. Or lunch money..

Do you have to go to school to take the tests?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
no in florida if you do online schooling you do not have to take the sats here its the fcat unless your going to public school the next year as of now idk they might be changing that next year though idk but as of right now no. so im doing homeschooling until i finish highschool so i dont have to take the fcat but the schooling of mine does have the midterms and everything else and i get a regular highschool diploma with the online schooling that i am with. i even took my drivers ed class online last year

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
and yea i wouldnt give my mom up for anything else in the world

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
last time I was going to school was when I was pregenant with my daughter, she's 8 now. was taking classes, going to the doctor once a week and tending to my mother in law and a puppy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
wow

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
the doctor put me on bed rest and I had to quit

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
with my first one I worked a factory job til 10 days before she came, the doctor I had with her put me on bed rest too

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
no in florida if you do online schooling you do not have to take the sats here its the fcat unless your going to public school the next year as of now idk they might be changing that next year though idk but as of right now no. so im doing homeschooling until i finish highschool so i dont have to take the fcat but the schooling of mine does have the midterms and everything else and i get a regular highschool diploma with the online schooling that i am with. i even took my drivers ed class online last year

Thats good.......

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I've been getting email on classes for CSI....hummm.....I'd probably puke first time I saw a real dead body lol

I mean someomne I didn't know...you know

Last edited by suzydaze; Jan 2nd, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
yea with all the running you were doing he had too but im sorry you had to quit but when she becomes a teenager youll have time becuase we dont depend on our parents much in our teens most of dont want to rely on our parents much. im sure you remember that?

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Im taking that class well not csi crime scene investigation its actually really fun and theres all kinds of websites u go to to solve crime and er thing its realy interesting

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
haha I'll be like close to 60 by then, I probably won't care that I didn't finish college, just be happy to be walking around

Last edited by suzydaze; Jan 2nd, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
hey did u know theres a flower that smells like decomposing flesh when it blooms its the corpse flower its really amazing u should google it its really cool

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I'll have to go over there and look

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
lol get one of those romba scooters to get around those things look like fun get one of those thing put a more powerful motor on it and take off be like weeeeeeee

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hey my mother in law had one of those, she ran over the table with it and broke the table leg off. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
hahaha omg thats so funny were trying to make my great grandma 74yrs get one but shes to proud she has bad knees and shes had surgery on both of them but it didnt work only lil bit. she says if i ever do get one watch out ill run you over then youll regret making me get one

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hey my mother in law was 85 when she got hers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,924
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image