Print Thread
Rate Thread
#171511 Jan 13th, 2008 at 07:25 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
When you make this reciepe it will be the equivalent of 3 packaged fajita mix. Just store in the refridgerator until ready to use,, it will keep it fresh up 3 months and isn't as salty as packaged mix!

Ingrediants

* 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
* 2 Tbsp. chili powder
* 1 Tbsp. salt
* 1 Tbsp. paprika
* 1 Tbsp. sugar
* 2-1/2 tsp. crushed chicken or beef bouillon cube( your choice )
* 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 tsp. cumin
* 1 tablesp, mexican seasoning ( not necc,I just always put extra stuff in
about everything,, I like food well seasoned :wink: ,,,

This is general,, I use more of everything,,, lol
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour into small glass or plastic container, seal tightly and store in a cool, dry place.

Of course you can always Buy a premixed fajita seasoning packet notmeand follow direction on the back of the package,, lol

Chicken or Beef Fajitas

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR BEEF (I just use round steak), (that's normally 1&1/2 - 2 lbs)or beef
1 green bell pepper Large cut in strips
1 red Bell pepper medium cut in strips
2 mild fresh jalopenos seeded and cut in strips
3-4 Tbsp. oil or more depending how much meat your using,( I use light virgin olive oil.
3 Tbsp.of your Fajita Seasoning Mix
1/3 cup water
1 medium onion, some people chop them But I cut in thick whole slices and cut those slices in half and separate the "ringed halves"
salsa
sour cream
grated Cheddar cheese or Mexican blend grated cheese,( Kraft)
10 flour tortillas ( Fajita or Burrito size)

Cut chicken into thin strips. Cut green and red pepper into strips. Heat oil in large skillet and add chicken. Cook and stir over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Then add three tablespoons of the Fajita Seasoning Mix, water, green pepper and onion and Jalopeno. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir over medium heat until chicken/beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and grated cheese and guacamole in warmed tortillas.

With Beef IF I know a day ahead of time I'm going to make Beef fajita, I cut and season the meat the Night before and Put in a ziplock bag in Fridge,, Because Beef isn't as tender as Chicken,,

This is what I put in the ziplock and mix the meat in well with,,

Meat tenderizer ( NON seasoned)
a couple of small "splashes" of Apple Cider Vinager <--( don't worry it won't taste like vinegar. unless you POUR it in! shock , the vinegar is a natural tenderizer
and a couple of shakes of Cumin and a little Black pepper

TIP: IF you 1/2 freeze your meat it is MUCH easier to slice into strips,, I hate cutting raw meat,,

Last edited by angelblossom; Jan 13th, 2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: forgot the tip of the day for cutting strips of meat!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup thank you diane kissie and i hate touching raw meat at all, and i can promise the rest of that "cube steak" will be fajitas! i'll let you know when i make them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image