Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#172912 Jan 17th, 2008 at 11:03 AM
OP Offline
Hello everyone! I'm trying to get back on here if any one miss me?? Question starting to knit and got a scraf made now how do I make fringe for it?It does not call for it but I think it would look a whole lot better with it?Can anyone tell me an easy way to do it?I guess it should be maybe 4 or 5 inches long?Thank you

ladystressout #172995 Jan 17th, 2008 at 04:02 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
of course we missed you! welcome back. fringe is sooooooo easy. take 5-6 pieces of the yarn/thread that you used for the scarf (or something complementary) that are about 1/2 inch longer than twice the length you want the fringe. so if you want 3 inch fringe, you need 6 and 1/2 inch pieces. fold them in half, and put the fold through where you want the fringe to hang from. open the loop and slide the cut ends through, and pull them tight. you want the top of the loop to be on the "right" side of the scarf.

the other way is to put the pieces without being doubled through where the fringe will hang from, so that it is folded over. then take all the ends together and tie them in a knot so the knot is up against the edge of the scarf. it is harder to explain that method, and i don't think it is as pretty, but it doesn't come out. i'll try to get pictures on here in the next couple of days to show you!

#173176 Jan 18th, 2008 at 10:50 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for missing me! Makes me feel better! and will be waiting for the picture of hte fringe.Rita

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,876
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image