Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#180065 Feb 8th, 2008 at 09:09 PM
Mommy Offline OP
OP Offline
I am familiar with a few of the mail order catalogs, but does anyone order seeds online? I have ordered some off of Ebay before, but I mainly shop at Lowes and Wal-Mart. Variety is the spice of life ;)

Mommy #180081 Feb 8th, 2008 at 09:39 PM
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
i dont buy seeds online since i dont have a credit card to use, haha, i do like tractor supply co 5 packs of seed for 1.00 and walmart and target has a good selection of seeds they have more diff things then walmart but the prices are higher...

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #180118 Feb 9th, 2008 at 05:51 AM
Number Seven
1k Posts
Number Seven
1k Posts
I order my seeds from Park seeds--they usually have a sale where they offer free shipping or as much as $10 off your order. I've also ordered from Territorial seeds and Select seeds. I have seen a lot of seeds on E-bay, but I've never ordered them before.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
I use Walmart, Krogers, or Tractor Supply Company (TSC) for my seeds also. I also buy the Black Oil Sunflower seeds for my bird feeders and my Rabbit Food at TSC, also.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I don't buy Wal-Mart anymore because they have almost no seeds in their packets. I do go to lowes from time to time and the selection is very nice. I also do cheap seeds. I also do thomas and morgan when they have a sale. I am addicted to Brecks for bulbs when they have the 25.00 dollar coupon available. On E-Bay the place to buy from are seeds for thee. Talk about a great deal you get masses of seeds for a very low price.

But the best deals are in the seed exchange right here at a gardener's forum. The price can't be beat and I've collected almost 300 different types of seeds just by trading with others.

[Linked Image]
I use Park seeds also. I also order from Burpee and Harris seeds.

Pinetree seeds are very inexpensive and have never let me down. I also get their glad bulbs and potatoes and other things. The seed packet prices are always around $1 whereas other companies are $3. I believe their website is www.superseeds.com

Wild Willow
500 Posts
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Great topic!! I am anxious to start looking for seeds.. how soon will the stores have them out?? flwr

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
last seeds I actually bought I got off ebay, but I shop cheap unless it's something I have really been looking for. wal mart, dollar store, places where I get more for my dollar

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
1k Posts
1k Posts
I also look for cheap seeds from stores such as Wal-Mart. I'll buy seeds from Burpee's website if Wal-Mart does'nt carry a variety I'm looking for. In general, all of my gardening supplies I bought from Wal-Mart. Good Gardening!

Waiting for fall...
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Last year I tried starting seeds for the first time.. I tried Poppy's, Cosmos and Gallardia(sp?). The Poppys never even sprouted, which I was really disappointed about.. The Gallardias sprouted, but I must have let them dry out or I over watered them one.. BUT, the Cosmos did great! It was so exciting! My daughter and I transplanted them all into a big square container that we have in the corner of our deck and they were awesome!! They got really TALL though.. this year, I might try to plant them again, only in the ground in a long row.. I think that would be really pretty!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image