Rate Thread
#187837 Mar 2nd, 2008 at 07:40 AM
toposh Offline OP
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Ive only been rooting this little guy-girl for about 4 days but already its started to get little sprouts here how i did it im sure you all already know how to root a rose but ill give the in anyways.

[Linked Image]

I found a rose on my bush that was going to die in the next day or so cut it back to the second set of 5 leaflets that way it gives you a pretty long peice of stem cut off the flower and pull off the bottom sets of leaves and the thorns then i just put it in a pot i made out of a old cottage cheese container after i sterilized it i put potting soil in there and stuck the rose a couple inches in and put a plastic bag around it and put it in place with one of my sisters head bands... and in 6-8 weeks it should be rooted enough to plant out side or in a pot, im probably going to put it in a pot.

heres some other things i have growing, forget me nots
[Linked Image]

my mysetery plant i think it's going to be a daffodile becuase hte leaves seem to be like it...
[Linked Image]

and my strawflower seeds that have germinated

[Linked Image]

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #187921 Mar 2nd, 2008 at 12:54 PM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Looks like you're on a good start! I've never had luck rooting roses before (softwood in summer or hardwood in winter) I guess I'm so inpatient and killing it with love lol

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #187924 Mar 2nd, 2008 at 01:11 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm planning to root some roses im winter.

Waiting for fall...
emdeGardener2 #188036 Mar 2nd, 2008 at 05:12 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
the mystery could be daffodil, or amaryllis

#188109 Mar 2nd, 2008 at 07:56 PM
toposh Offline OP
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
thank you for confirming my suspicsions jiffy im leaning towards daffodiles still because its a bulb my great grandma had planted outside she had so many in the are but ive narrowed it down, she had iris, tulips, crocus i think and daffodiles, she doesn't like to have the same thing year after year so.... lol. Kenny this believe it or not is the first rose I have rooted... Ive seen my great grandma do it but ive never done it myself. and i want to have many more roses so i remembered how she did it.... then come this june im going to cross pollinate some of my roses im going to cross an red with a white rose... it will take about 8 months all together then comenext june i can plant it... so im anxious to see if it grows or not it should be fun... oh kenny have you tried using rooting hormone? or you can root it in water just cut the rose with the flower on it when the flower dies cut it off and wait for it to start to root... enrique in my area of florida you can pretty much garden all year so i don't confine myself to the recoomended planting time, lol... Im at my grandma's right now she gave me one of her master gardeners books so ive been reading it pretty much all night. then i have that rose book by sunset roses i bout on amazon to be here by march 21 im not in no hurry their usually pretyt fast so i expect it to be here sooner. Oh and i have a nother story to tell the last time i was here at my gmas she planted a poinsettia and then one time when i was watering i boroke off a branch and i stuck it in the ground and now its sprouting new leaves its been about 2-3 weeks so it must be making roots if its sprouting new leaves.

Last edited by toposh; Mar 2nd, 2008 at 08:22 PM.

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #188138 Mar 2nd, 2008 at 08:25 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
i thought u meant "dandelions"! lolSilly me! haha touched

Waiting for fall...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image