Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sunflowers #191644 Mar 13th, 2008 at 04:41 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
I've seem potatoes grown in a bag of soil.

The kids planted them in Brownies one year. They stood a 20L bag of soil on it's end, cut a small opening and planted to potatoe seeds. Then watered normally. When it was time, the just cut open the bags and took out the little potatoes...they were so amazed.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #191692 Mar 13th, 2008 at 05:26 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Milk is around $3.50 a gallon here--some places $4.++ depending
Potaotes--I just paid $2.59 for 5 # but they are plain red ones--
you can pay as much as the $5.99 quoted here for 5 # of say yukon gold, if you really wanted to. lol
I don't buy a whole lot anymore that is NOT on sale.

Last edited by JunieGirl; Mar 13th, 2008 at 05:26 AM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Sunflowers #191709 Mar 13th, 2008 at 06:40 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,256
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,256
Likes: 33
Originally Posted by tamara
Originally Posted by emdeGardener2
What if milk reaches seven dollars a gallon???What if potatoes reach five dollars per 10 lb.bag??


lol Milk is $7.15 a gallon and potatoes are $5.99 for 10 pounds here.



are you kidding?



Bestofour #191725 Mar 13th, 2008 at 08:00 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
milk is 4 here agallon and potaotes bounce up and down between 4.99 and 3.99 a 20 pound bag, I try and get the 3.99 ones and I just take the ones that are that price baking or the red potatoes


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #191763 Mar 13th, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
yikes

One remedy, dont eat.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #191765 Mar 13th, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
I have often wished that were an option, barb---


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #191768 Mar 13th, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
tapfoot

I am guilty to the core.

Going for a snack now.

b


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #191772 Mar 13th, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
just had one, barb--(chips) called it 'dessert' cause I had just finished lunch-- rolz lol


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #191774 Mar 13th, 2008 at 12:24 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I eat snacks because I get bored. rolz

#191807 Mar 13th, 2008 at 02:03 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
tapfoot
I eat cause I get hungry, then I pig out.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #191828 Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:29 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
I eat 'cause I like the taste of the food I am eating, I eat because I am bored, I eat to comfort me, and then I eat because it is THERE !! rolz lol
Apparently I just like to eat---- rolz lol


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #191829 Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:31 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I eat 'cause I like the taste of the food I am eating, I eat because I am bored, I eat to comfort me, and then I eat because it is THERE !! rolz lol
Apparently I just like to eat---- rolz lol


ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

I just stuffed FIVE soft shell tacos into my stomach.....one too many because now I feel half ill. egad

I also had a six inch sub for lunch, a little debbie snack cake, and numerous cookies to perk me up thru the day. lol

#191832 Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Well lets see--I had\Rice & milk for breakfast

for lunch I had an egg/cheese/ham/onion omlet with toast & cherry tomatoes.
for supper BBQ, corn, applesauce & mashed potaotes.

Then for snackes so far there was coffee, soda, some chocolate eggs, and of course potato chips--and gee it is only 5:30 here. oink lol


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #191833 Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:40 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Carol, I think Chocolate Eggs should be a requirement in everyone's day. grin

I feel terrible. That last taco, why did I have to eat it? lol


#191835 Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:44 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,743
1k Posts
1k Posts
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,743
Wow Loz,serves you right. haha


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

"All good things come to those that wait."
Matriarch #191836 Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:55 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
neener Thanks mom. neener

#191837 Mar 13th, 2008 at 04:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
clap
Dark chocolate is good for you.. They find it is a healer when were sick.
It helps replace the white corpuscles and heals the body. White corpuscles are germ fighters........

Hello..............


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #191843 Mar 13th, 2008 at 04:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
dark chocolate--is as good as it gets--unless perhaps you have some high end white chocolate on hand---
but anyway---about the dark chocolate--one excuse is as good as another--
and I love dark chocolate.-----plain or with nuts, either way works for me---

BTW:--is it almonds I should eat or walnuts--I forget---

Last edited by JunieGirl; Mar 13th, 2008 at 04:59 PM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
dodge #191895 Mar 13th, 2008 at 07:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
I like to eat way too much to not eat haha


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #191916 Mar 13th, 2008 at 07:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
The bowl of popcorn on the computer desk here might give you a hint of how I feel about food. bow


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #191927 Mar 13th, 2008 at 08:11 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
hubby complains all the time because I have food crumbs in the key board rolz


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #191954 Mar 14th, 2008 at 04:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
huummm---is that why my DH asked me if I ate while I was on the computer ??? lol


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #191958 Mar 14th, 2008 at 04:59 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
lol we're all guilty.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
JunieGirl #191960 Mar 14th, 2008 at 05:01 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
huummm---is that why my DH asked me if I ate while I was on the computer ??? lol


the bad part... lol I got no one else to blame it on haha
I knew we should have had more kids haha


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #191999 Mar 14th, 2008 at 05:31 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Wal-mart sells the little vacuumn attachment that works wonders.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #192175 Mar 14th, 2008 at 06:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,256
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,256
Likes: 33
Home Depo already has tomato and bell pepper plants. I think it's a little bit early. What do you guys think?



Bestofour #192216 Mar 14th, 2008 at 07:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,761
1k Posts
1k Posts
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,761
Heck No!!!At least for Californians.The weather here is warm but rain & cold temps are on the way this weekend.After the storm passes on Monday,the warm temps will return.


Waiting for fall...
emdeGardener2 #192219 Mar 14th, 2008 at 07:54 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
one more week and everything goes back outside grin good friday is the "day" for me.

#192220 Mar 14th, 2008 at 07:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,761
1k Posts
1k Posts
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,761
The first day of spring is my day.School lets out for spring BREAK!!!!!!!I'm going to spend most of my time in my garden.


Waiting for fall...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,557
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1