Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#205177 Apr 28th, 2008 at 08:17 AM
OP Offline
Hello Everyone

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me.
I dug up a HUGE climbing rose bush yesterday. I didn't
get it replanted last night. I'm going to do it tonight
after work. I want to make sure that I do it right so it
doesn't die. Of course, we're under a freeze warning for tonight
as well. I'll be sure to cover it when I'm done. Is there a special
way that I should replant it? I've never dug up a rose bush before
so like I said, I want to make sure that it's done right, b/c
it's beautiful. It is when it blooms anyways.
So any assistance would be great.

Thanks
Tana

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
you'll want to dig a new hole twice a big as the root ball the youll want to dig that hole then create a type of mound and spread the roots over that but before you pant the rose you could put in some root grower for roses sorry i forget the exact name... then youll plant in your rose and youll want to water it in, wghich means put some good soil in there then give it a klil water then contie to fill soil around it...

sorry i coulndt be exactly specific, and sorry about my spelling, and im sure im not the only one who will answer your question... lol

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #209416 May 16th, 2008 at 10:45 PM
WELL
HOPEFULL YOU DIDNT DO A BAD THING BY DIGGIN IT UP IN CLD WEATHER SOME PPL SAY ITS BETTER CAUSE THE PLANT IS SLEEPING THEN SOME SAY ITS NOT GOOD CAUSE THE ROOTS ARE EXPOSED BUT . . . ANYWAYS,
I WOULD DEF MAKE SURE THE HOLE IS BIGGER THAN THE ROOT BALL AND ADD SOME WATER TO THE PLANT OF COURSE
FERTILIZE WOULD HELP TOO, ESPECIALLY rose FOOD
I HEARD THAT BANANA PEELS DO roses A GREAT DEAL OF GOOD WORK AND SO DOES USED GROUND COFFEE
BUT IF ITS COLD JUT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, ID MULCH IT OR PUT PINE STRAW ROUND THE BASE OF IT N WHEN YOU PLANT IT MAKE SURE THERES NO AIR BUBBLES CAUSE IF SO, THEN IT'LL PROLLY DIE FOR SURE.
PRESS THE DIRT FIRMLY WITH A HOE OR FOOT ROUND IT AS YOU PLANT IT SO THAT YOU COMPACT THE DIRT WITH NO CHANCE OF AIR BUBBLES
HOPEFULLY IT DOES GREAT!!
I JUST BUGHT A FEW CLIMBING ONES MYSELF THIS spring SO WE'LL SEE HOW MINE DO COME WINTER . . .
BEST WISHES

Stand upon the promises of God!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image