#211769
May 27th, 2008 at 11:05 AM
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
gORGOUS oRANGE..MY FLAME PLANT IS IN BLOOM AND SOMEWHAT LIKE THAT.
B
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67 |
You know I planted a centaurea last year...and can't remember where.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
Cindy, what is your last picture?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
I think the last one is a double columbine
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
#211895
May 27th, 2008 at 08:32 PM
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,041 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,041 Likes: 38 |
Cindy, what is your last picture? Columbine. They are all over the place here...and so beautiful. The ones in the Fairy Garden are fixing to explode into blooms any day. Beautiful !!!!!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
#212009
May 28th, 2008 at 09:39 AM
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
[quote=Bestofour]Cindy, what is your last picture? Columbine. They are all over the place here...and so beautiful. The ones in the Fairy Garden are fixing to explode into blooms any day. [/quot Cindy............Please......If your on 2 feet, when they go to seed, save me some seeds of the double Columbines...Wah I only have single ones....... YOUr in an awesome inviornment ... Can you take a photo of the entire area where the rhodendru.Are..? You know a long shot. My neighbor has a red one......In bloom......I have zero. Good job with photos Cindy......I been bird chasing. b
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67 |
I have tulip buds...no blooms yet but soon.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Show us when they bloom........I still have a red and yellow stripe in bloom. I didnt know there was different maturity days on different types of tulips. Have to learn more on that.........
Red is so stiking I think.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67 |
Well, these ones are supposed to be red. My purple ones didn't come up this year...I'm wondering if moles got them.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
 Know what my tulips seem to change colors too...........Some one said they do?? Beats me....
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
One of my many centaurea montanas fully in bloom now. I love how the flowers look like fireworks bursts! ![[Linked Image]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/LynneNY/outdoor%20gardening2/centaureamontana5-28-08.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,041 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,041 Likes: 38 |
Lynne--that flower is just beautiful!!! Does it have a 'Common name'??? I think I need to own one like it !!!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Thanks Carol - I don't know if it has a common name, but I can try and save some seeds for you - I'm not always successful though. I wish I could mail a plant but they don't mail very well. I let babies grow and move them around to other gardens. I usually get just 1 or 2 babies each year.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67 |
Carol it's common name is Mountain Cornflower. I've got the variety Centaurea Dealbata (it's pink) and is known as Persian Cornflower but they look the same.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,041 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,041 Likes: 38 |
Lynne, you are very sweet to offer the seeds---let me look around--if I cannot find it then perhaps this fall yo can see about saving me some seed, OK?? Tamara--thanks so much for the name--I will add it to my 'list' of desired plants.  to you both
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67 |
Add the Persian one too(also called Knapweed)  We'll fill up that list for ya. It grows taller than the other Centaurea but has leaves like Jacob's Ladder, yet the flower heads have the same appearance. So close yet so different.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,419 Likes: 67 |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New one opened....
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,570
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|