Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
I don't know if any of you remember, but I ordered three Ice Plants off of Ebay last year for my rock garden.. it did so-so... not great, but lived thru the summer.. well I have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival, and it isn't coming up. tears I don't know if I should contact the seller on Ebay or just let it go.. what do you think??

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
That's a toughie....

Does the e-bay seller specialize in plant selling?

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'd probably cut my losses----I don't think there are too many long term guarantees from sellers on ebay, although it wouldn't hurt to check the sellers info and see if they have a guarantee.

I bought one last year at Lowes and it did great. I had it in a pot though most of the summer and I did plant it in the ground last fall in a sheltered spot. It pulled thru.

Also on a side note---you can take of stems of the ice plant and stick them in the ground and start new plants for free.

I did that with mine and from one plant I'm now up to 5 of them. thumbup

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Yes, the seller does specialize in plants. I will have to contact them and see.. they may not do anything.. but I had over $35 in three plants.. due to shipping.. and I was at a local nursery today and the girl there told me that Ice Plant isn't typically a perennial in our area. Bleh.. so I dunno. I will let you all know what happens after I email them. thumbup

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Wow.....it isn't? The one I have is hardy to zone 5. I'm in 6. thumbup

Since you spent so much I would absolutely contact the seller. BTW, if you have a Lowe's in your area check in there for more...I bought mine in there for $5.

Hope you get some positive results! thumbup

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Well that is what the girl told me yesterday. I dunno.. it was advertised as hardy, but mine didn't make it back.. I actually got something else for the rock garden yesterday.. stone crop I think it might be called.. and it blooms tallish flowers on tiny stems.. it is cute.. I am sure some of you probably have it. thumbup

I haven't contacted the sellers yet.. I was too busy on the gardening forums last night.. neener

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I have stonecrop too(the low growing kind), mine is yellow. And it reseeds like crazy...it is everywhere. One of the best sedums I have ever bought.

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
*cough* Ok, well I lied. rspb I have Rock Foil.. I have no idea why I thought it was stonecrop... touched

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh Rock foil is pretty. I have the smallest little plant of it...doesn't seem to be growing much for me though. I think it's getting too much shade.

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Well I contacted the eBay seller.. and haven't heard anything back yet. tapfoot

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That stinks....I hope you hear back from them, keep us updated. thumbup

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Pinkhorseofcourse
I don't know if any of you remember, but I ordered three Ice Plants off of Ebay last year for my rock garden.. it did so-so... not great, but lived thru the summer.. well I have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival, and it isn't coming up. tears I don't know if I should contact the seller on Ebay or just let it go.. what do you think??

A few days ago I bought 2 ice plants.--one is an annual and one is a perennial

they have the same flower but a bit different types of leaves. Could you have gotten an annual by mistake???

Last edited by JunieGirl; Jun 1st, 2008 at 08:21 PM.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
I haven't heard a word back from them, and seriously doubt I will. Grr.. oh well, whatever. And as for the annual/perennial thing, I have no clue.. I suppose it could have been an annual.. but the mistake was theirs, not mine, cause the auction description said perennials.. bleh. :(

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,926
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image