Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Was up at 6 0'clock to feed my flowers and bushes with Miracle gro (like last year) Well, did put a whole bag in the spray container, started the water and out came sprays at the joints almost nothing out of the spraybottle. Had to use my gallon watering can and dilute all the stuff spoon by spoon in that.Did
handwater all my beds and am now so behind my schedule. At least I did get the stuff used up. May have to buy a new spray container but will let the hardware-guy look at the old one first.

Bought netting for my gooseberry, red currant and blackberry bushes. Did cover them up and they look so cozy. Hope the squirrels get the message.

Question: Are newcomers allowed to post in these chat-forums? You all sound so
familiar with each other.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Certainly, that's how we get to know you.

I was up early too. Didn't do me much good I've already taken one nap and now my body is telling me it wants another one. I hope it isn't a long one. I don't want to lose the entire day.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
If you can get a dry spell...use pure ammonia. I get a $2 bottle, put it in a spray bottle and give them a good going over. My landscaping fabric under my stone walkway has deteriorated and I have to fight weeds as well.

tamara do I use the plain non sudsing ammonia?/ and then jsut use it in a spray bottel straing on the plant, right??/

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I've been watering all day, we could use a nice rain, not a frog chocker, just a nice rain

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I hope you get your rain suzy. I of course lost the entire day in another nap and am now wide awake at 2:+ something in the morning grrrrrh.

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
we got a sprinkle...not enough. So I watered again yesterday

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Offline
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Larkspur

Question: Are newcomers allowed to post in these chat-forums? You all sound so
familiar with each other.

For sure, the more the merrier. Come chat in Banter Hall anytime. There are many very important friendships made there.

Yup, straight non sudsing ammonia. Spray directly on the plant in dry weather.

Sending Belinda my rain........We've gotten enough to share with everyone, it's still raining.

Last edited by tamara; Jun 19th, 2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: spelling

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
morning!
absolutely, come chat with us Larkspur.
hubby came home last night soaking wet. it rained on him the last couple of hours of work. I opened my e-mail this morning and there was a thunderstorm warning for our county last night. think we got anything here at the house? come on...take a wild guess?!? We have a 50 percent chance of rain here today, but i'm not holding my breath. I didn't even water this morning. I'm disgusted.
Ok, I feel better now that I've gotten that out of my system.
Hope everyone has started their glorious days.
Were off to run some errands here in a few.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I haven't done anything. I'm still sitting around in my bathrobe. Tells you what my life is like when my schedule gets messed up. I'm just like a baby cranky.

I promise to try and turn it around and get happy just as soon as I can. Have a great day all.

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
morning!
absolutely, come chat with us Larkspur.

sorry guys...I thought I was in coffee house.
didn't mean to go off yacking about the weather in the garden doings thread. blush

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Ok I'm dressed and I went out and planted the "gypsy" sweet pepper and I weeded all around the first tree in the tree bed. That's the smallest part but it is a start. I just couldn't face pouring more boiling water so that didn't get done. Maybe tomorrow.

I saw my first deer on my own property. that was kind of cool although it means I'll have to protect the garden in some way.

I also found out that I have moles or voles. Another bad news thing.

[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Digging out a new flowerbed area. grin

[Linked Image]

Good morning you all. We had so much rain in the night. What a lovely eaxtra.
My flowers are happy. It needs to dry out a little more so I can weed some.My
potatoes are finally sprouting some green. I guess now I must add some soil again over them. This is the first time I am growing potatoes in cut off trash-barrels.Will get to the market to buy a cucumber for Mermes cucumber-soup. Have
cucumbers growing in a good sunny spot how long does it take to see some cukies?
Now I have just upright plants 3 feet high. Bye, Larkspur

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I love your flower stake Loz it's great. Nice new bed too. I can't wait to see what all you put in it.

today I decided to water the seeds I started alittle while ago. I was happy to see that several different types of zinnia have sprouted. they are going to look very nice in the tree bed.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Offline
Northern Star
30k Posts
....and what will you be planting in it Loz?

Still raining here.........

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'll start a new topic about it, it's a little jumbled with different pictures for different reasons.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well today I watered the seedlings and I planted the white peonies. I now have the double blossom white, the sorbet, and the Sargeat LaVerrena in the tree bed. They are going to look stupendous come may. Either this year or a couple of years out.

I also repoted my oyster plant. The pot it was in was way to small. Really I should have put it in a bigger one instead of the one it was in, in the beginning. But I just didn't have a pot the right size.

So I went up about 2 sizes rather than one. And now it is in an ice cream bucket. And that is a much better size for it. I can't wait to see what it does with all the extra room.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Whew, I'm hot and sweaty so it's time to stop for the day so I can rest and then get ready for church.

But, I got the 16 gladiolus planted in the front flower bed. I alternated the yellow with the mixed color. So there is going to be a lot of yellow but that ok with me I like yellow. there are some red ones in there somewhere that I planted earlier I think but I'm not sure where. I may have to do some re-arranging next year, imagine that, lol.

Then I went to work planting the tulips, daffodils, and hycinth. What a job. And I still have the crocuses to do but they are in cool storage until the fall. Then I'll put them in the ground on the other side of the walkway. That will do until I see what I have got I think.

After that I managed to do the boiling weeds to the halfway point of my walkway. It's nice to be to the halfway point. Maybe another 3 days will see that done. Wish it didn't take so long to boil a big kettle of water.

I also planted the white bleeding heart on the shady side of the tree bed. I'm finding that I have almost all white in that bed so I'm going to have to find some partial shade plants that have colorful blooms to mix in there. Which isn't a problem I still have plenty of room.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Offline
Northern Star
30k Posts
Arghhhhhhhh, still raining...............

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
you can send some my way and I'll send you some of my sun ok?

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Offline
Northern Star
30k Posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New one opened.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Thanks for the rain. We needed it. Now I don't have to water.

Glad we didn't get the hail they did 10 miles away. I just don't think this vinyl will hold up to nasty weather.

So far I'vd boiled one kettles-worth of weeds and I have another kettle working on boiling. I might finish the walkway if it stays cool out there.

I've also started weeding around the second tree. It's so much easier to weed when the ground is wet.

And I raked up another pail of rocks. There are lots and lots of rocks. Almost as many rocks as weeds.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image