Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#18809 Apr 10th, 2007 at 11:20 AM
mrw Offline OP
OP Offline
Last year we made a small waterfall/pond in the garden. It was nice but not exactly what I wanted. We are thinking about expanding the water area, maybe making the pond area bigger and having water fall in from a higher level. I wanted to know if anyone has made a small pond area using concrete for a base. We thought we would layer the concrete then imbed it with stones, we have a lot of small river rocks, and ocean stones, and thought it would look nice and more natural. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this? We live in NY state and I wonder if the concrete would crack or of it would hold up. Thanks for any assistance!

wildwoman
mrw #21625 Apr 13th, 2007 at 12:12 PM
My husband and I have discussed adding another pond to our yard. We figured that if we used concrete, we would "paint" it with DRYLOCK. One of our ponds is made from a huge old satelite dish that we plugged the holes and painted it with Drylock Sealer. You might research that idea.

Sherri
sbreland #21810 Apr 13th, 2007 at 06:07 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
MOM DID HER FIRST PONDS AND STREAMS WITH CONCRETE AND PEA GRAVEL. BUT OVER THE YEARS THE WOULD CRACK AND LEAK. CHECK OUT THE LINERS FOR STUFF LIKE THAT, THEY SEEM TO HOLD UP FOREVER!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,881
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image