Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi All!

I planted 4 one foot BetterBoy plants on June 1st and got golf ball sized tomatoes almost right away. But it seems like they have stalled out! How big do BetterBoy tomatoes usually get? When do they start ripening... appox. how many days since planting?
I planted with 10-10-10 fertilizer mixed in the soil, been watering about every 4 days, and gave them some miracle grow last week.
Any advice or experience to share?

"L"

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'm growing better boys this year too. mine are about baseball size, which I thought they should be getting bigger than that? did you sink your tomatoes into the soil...bury some or most of the plant underground? my tomatoes usually seem to produce a whole lot at one time, then kinda 'rest' for a few weeks before they start producing more. I don't know about fertilizer, I just use compost and occasionally some m.g. where did you get your plants? it makes me wonder a bit if they were sprayed with something...you only had them a month, planted them, and got very small tomatoes pretty quickly. some growers will spray with chemicals to keep plants short and stalky and fruit really before their time in order to sell a 'nice pretty plant'. we have lots of tomato growers around here. someone else will be along shortly with more advice.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,881
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image