Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#221132 Jul 10th, 2008 at 07:34 PM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
My beebalm leaves are getting kinda yellow and then brown and wilty at hte bottom. It's not in bloom yet.

Last year I had problems wtih a few of my coneflowers with that aster---problem of some kind. You know, the flowers don't bloom, they just bloom really ugly green weird kinda bloom. Suppose to just dig it up and throw it away. I see a lot of my coneflowers looking like they are going to do that again! boohoo

PattyM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
This has been a strange year for blooms Patty, I've had one I thought was a mutant bloom but Tamara called it a siamese twin bloom the center of it was elongated not a circle at all,, and the petals were normal but weird looking,, and Pots and plants had a coneflower bloom with a green center( pic posted in garden chat both her;s and mine) can you get a picture of your problem flowers??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
I had some strange coneflowers doing that last year, but they have morphed back to normal. why It seems that every year the garden catalogs have a new species of cone flower that they are selling.............I think they stick a name on whatever it turns out to be............the one I had last year that was mostly green turned into a wierd pink that I have seen for sale now! why touched

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
They play round so much making new species...sometimes the plants just decide themselves what they'll be.

Right now I've got a Diablo Ninebark which is growing half green stems and have purple. Strange but unique. I'm gonna leave it do as it pleases.

You know Diane, I have alot of clover heads in the hay field with siamese tops as well this year.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Crunchy, weird, ugly. I dug them up. They are from leaf hoppers, yellow aster disease. Is there any way to prevent this? Can I spray my asters and coneflowers with tempo or something to prevent it? I was so mad! I dug up about a dozen plants today!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PattyM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,878
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image