Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#223706 Jul 23rd, 2008 at 06:39 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I have had 5 white ones for years....nice mature big ones. Well 3 years ago I bought teeny tiny baby hydrangeas from a mail order place and one of them finally flowered!!!!!!!! And it's PINK! It said it was going to be blue but I know the soil acidity affects it. It's HOT PINK! I love it!

[Linked Image]

#223709 Jul 23rd, 2008 at 06:41 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
that's weird for it to bloom like that, but then one of my hibiscus bloomed like that...that's the side you water on??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Nope....I don't really water them, it's been pretty rainy this summer....rain every 3-4 days.....It's still really small though(maybe a foot tall) and I didn't think it would bloom all over this year. I was just happy to see that one.

Now my white hydrangeas are huge!

[Linked Image]

#223717 Jul 23rd, 2008 at 06:51 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I noticed my hibisus bloomed on the side I was watering so I started watering all around
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Ah, that's pretty. If I do water the bushes I do it on the soaker setting so the water really seeps in all over the base. But like I said it's been a very wet summer so I've been lucky to not have to water anything much really.

#223721 Jul 23rd, 2008 at 06:55 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I need to but I'm afraid to leave thoe hose down with these dump dogs afraid they'll chew it up

that one hasd almost all gone to seed now

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Hmmmmmmmm, could you tie them up or put them in the house while you water?

Last year it was so dry here the grass was totally burnt up. I can't believe we are still green here for now.

I hate when plants go to seed. My burning bush is already slightly starting to turn red.....and I hate that in a way because that means fall is on it's way.

#223725 Jul 23rd, 2008 at 06:59 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
oh I hate to put them up, they were both abused before we got them someone beat them

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That's so sad. I don't want to get off topic too much in a plant section. We try to keep them on topic. But I feel for your doggies. :ding:

#223778 Jul 24th, 2008 at 03:13 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Very nice Loz...did you buy many of that variety?

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
That is very pretty Loz! Your white ones are huge!!!

#226742 Aug 6th, 2008 at 03:36 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
My neighbor told me the white ones are SUPER old....yet year after year they give me quite the show. thumbup

The pink one(that was supposed to be purple), I have 2 of those. The other one is about the same size but hasn't flowered. I think that the one that hasn't flowered yet gets more shade.

I ordered them from a catalog and when I say they were tiny they were TINY. I didn't know if they'd make it or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,927
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image