Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
you guys have been much more industrious than I've been lately. I did some moving and reaaranging in the garden today. getting ready for some fall planting. just pulled some weeds, added compost, and moved some perinials.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Cool I'll be looking for the liquid solder. thanks for the information. that's going to make my life easier.

I'm going over to help with the barn today so I won't be doing anything in my garden.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I didn't get to do much on the barn which was just as well. I got home exhausted from the heat.

Today I managed to take the food scrapes out to the compost pile and walk around alittle. The Gladiolus that I just planted awhile back are comming up. Silly things. And my horseradish looks great. The Gypsy Bell pepper is getting nice and bushy even though there aren't any buds. I think I'll water it this evening with some of my bloom booster miracle grow.

And my latest back of seedling are sprouting. I've very excited. I have curled kale in this bunch and I've never grown it before. But I always think it looks so nice in the garden. I'm really wanting some fall color.

[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i worked on my pond uhuhh i'll post pictures in the pond area later.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Cool, I love looking at everyones ponds. they look so cool and inviting. It's in my ten year plan to have one. But there are many many things in front of that to do.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
I moved my watermelon vines out of the way slightly and mowed over the weeds competing with them and then I moved the vines back to their original position.

Last edited by emdeGardener2; Aug 3rd, 2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Waiting for fall...
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well today is Sunday and I hadn't intended to do anything but then the bug got me.

I broke the outdoor faucet trying to repair it. Now it is definitely in the hands of a plumber when I have the money.

I hand watered the plants.

I dug the weeds out of the sidewalk. The boiling water didn't kill the roots I guess.

I dug out another 15 gallons of gravel out of the sidewalk.

And I frowned at the sidewalk bed because while I wasn't looking the weeds have taken it over. They grew over the top of the bed rather than comming up under the cardboard. Pernicious things weeds.

Well that's a project for another day. Wish me luck. I'll keep working at it.

[Linked Image]
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
after leaving for five weeks, the weeds grew way out of control. There were wild lettuce as tall as me about 6ft. I've been going out today for an half hour each time trying to pull out the weeds that have taken over...or tried and were unsuccessful! I have datura (datura stramonium) growing to my chest at about 5 ft tall...had to pull out a few to make way for the other plants.

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Sorry about the mess Kenny but it's nice to have you back with us.

TK, I'm hoping to get to the hardware store tomorrow to get you that siding tool. I didn't forget about it.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sounds like you can grow the heck out of them plants when your not even around, kenny!

I did some watering in the garden today. last night I planted some sugar snap peas. first year for them, that's always fun. something has been eating up my garden beans, I'm hoping whatever it is will leave the peas alone. I've been running wild with the box cutter! cutting away at the ground cover around the veggies. it worked great last year to keep the weeds out, but it is SO dry this year I just can't get enough water to them with that stuff in the way. I also worked on hubby a bit today to cut down a tree. the garden is getting too much shade. I've been watching the sun and picked out a small tree and he's agreed to take out! YIPPEE! getting that out of there will at least give the garden an extra two hours of sun!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well it wasn't in the garden, but---I just this afternoon finished putting the deck finish & preservative on . Boy am I tired!! but hey it is done!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good for you Carol! We started painting our detached garage today. That's not in the garden either but it sure is a lot of work!! We are not done but we got lots done. It will be so nice when it is all done though!!

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
does re-potting house plants count why i did six tonight.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sure it counts thumbup I need to do a few of them myself.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I think decks and garages count. They are backdrops for our gardens or viewing stations for them and that counts in my book. I will need to waterseal my deck too but I'm not sure where I'm going to get the money. I'll just have to try.

It's a couple of hours before sun up here. But I'm looking forward to getting out there. I think I can finish getting the gravel out of the sidewalk today. That will be so cool.

Thank you Tamara. Believe me I probably won't start on that project before fall so there is no hurry. I'm just glad you were able to tell me what to do to repair it and were willing to get the tool for me.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
Good for you Carol! We started painting our detached garage today. That's not in the garden either but it sure is a lot of work!! We are not done but we got lots done. It will be so nice when it is all done though!!

Thanks Jessica:

I know your garage will look so very nice when you are done.---things like that always do and it gives one such a sense of accomplishment.--and the extra good part??? This painting thing lasts much longer than say cleaning the house does.
One can look at it for some time to come & say, wow I am glad that is done!!

TK: thanks much for the words of encouragement. I admire all your hard work and dedication to your house, and property. it is lucky to have you. :wink:

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Haven't done much out there, it rains every day. Mind you I have lots to do. I have 22 large holes that needs to be filled from removing shrubs and trees. maybe today....

Oh I dug out my lettuce and peppers, I lost them due to too much rain.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Your going to be an inland sea if the rain keeps up in your area. I could use some of it here. The rain clouds just pass over here and go somewhere else. Probably to your house.

I finished half of the back yard so far today. My arms are like rubber. Tomorrow hopefully I'll finish the yard and get back to the gravel. Then the log then weeding the tree bed then the second compost pile then clearing the brush then.......... lol

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
My grandparents say that these past two years are the worst that they can remember...and they are in their 90's. We've had the hardest winters and the wettest summers ever.

potatoes are rotting in the ground from all the rain, hay has fallen flat in the fields....it affects everything.

TK...take it easy and rest up as well.

Last edited by tamara; Aug 11th, 2008 at 05:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Woohoo I got the last of the grass cut. And only my right arm feels like rubber. So it's getting better.

But I don't think I can shovel gravel yet. But it's nice that the grass got done on schedule. Next is to finish up with the gravel in the sidewalk. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on that one so I'm happy about that. Just have to figure who I can borrow a 2 ft level from since I don't have one yet. But I'll get that too. I just have to wait until other priorities are met before I get it.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
O.k. that's it. I'm going to TK's house to play....it's still raining here, every single day.

TK do you need to level straight or on a grade? You can buy cheap little levels that hook on to strings...if it's for levelling ground.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I've seen those on rock solid. Cool idea. I never even connected it to what I need. It should be on a grade so that the bead is a little off center for drainage. But since it's sand I don't think it is as important as it might be. That and it's not next to the foundation.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Today I finally got out all of the gravel out of the sidewalk. I am soooooo happy about that. What a chore. 2 months work. Next is setting the new plastic into the sidewalk space. Then put in the sand and level it. Then the stepping stones, Then the potting soil and the ground covers. Woohoo it's going to be so cool when it is finished. I can't wait.

And my arms are just tired they aren't rubbery. That's really cool too. Of course I had to take Doan's for my back but that's ok.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny opened #5. thumbup

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,927
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image