Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Tina #236205 Sep 30th, 2008 at 04:57 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
You are way ahead of me then Tina. lol I think Loz is about ready to send too! I picked up some things before I got my name but was holding out to see who I got!

Tina #236208 Sep 30th, 2008 at 05:00 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
why I'm ready to send pretty much. But not this week probably. I'm all scrunched up time-wise with back to back appointments.

Gee Tina, I have not even really began to shop yet.--nervous--I guess I have to try to get it in gear, huh???? why.. grin

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
#236222 Sep 30th, 2008 at 06:36 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
2 things I'd like to mention....ummmm when you DO get the addresses ( lol) and you send out your package make sure you pay the extra 50 cents for the delivery confirmation number.....most of you are used to doing that by now.

Secondly, please, please, please, please.....make sure you pack the box well. I know in previous swaps some people have received broken things due to poor packaging--and it's always sad when that happens.

Newspaper usually isn't a good enough insulator.....I always use bubble wrap and lots of it. And those giant air pockets......if you don't have bubble wrap you can buy it pretty cheap at the Dollar General I think. Make sure that everything is really packed in very tight. If there is space for stuff to bang around in the box then things may easily break. I put a bunch on the bottom of the box and then I wrap the breakables several times in it and then I pack it very tightly in the box so nothing can move. Oh and I usually put the fragile stuff in the middle. Middle from the bottom and middle from the sides....that way it can't get banged if the box is kicked or runs into something else.

Just some pointers. thumbup

Guess what? Mine is packed up and ready to ship out. lol Not sure when it will GET out.....but it's ready. grin

JunieGirl #236224 Sep 30th, 2008 at 06:49 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
****************closed**************
see //www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=236226#Post236226 in the swap!

Last edited by Jiffymouse; Sep 30th, 2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added link to next post
#236225 Sep 30th, 2008 at 06:50 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
yikes You are quick!!! I knew that you had bought some stuff but oh man are you ever on the ball!! Can't wait to see who gets theirs first!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image