Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Layered dip---yum!!!

and me here just going to eat a frozen pizza tonight--ah well....

Enjoy some of it for me, Tina. thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Frozen pizza? Oh my. Can you at least doctor it up some?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
nah--its what we do, so I do not have to actually cook on Sunday.

often Rod will grill out, and we always eat out for breakfast/lunch on Sunday.

so if we are home at meal time I do not mind, and we often have fresh garden salads to go with--so it is not so bad.

Also if the kids happen to be here we sometimes call a pizzaria.

(In the last 3 months we have had frozen Pizza only once.)

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have had a hard time finding a frozen pizza that we all liked. And the couple that I did have that were reasonably good, I couldn't remember the next time I looked at the selection in the stores. I always doctor up store bought pizza.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
There are several we will not eat...and those I remember. Otherwise I buy what I find.--if it is a bad one, it goes on my do not buy list

there is a Digorno in the freezer now--we shall see....

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I always doctor up store bought pizza.

Me too.

I do not care much for pizza of any kind, so if I'm actually going to eat it, then it will be the way I want it. Maxi loves the stuff, though, especially if it has hamburger on it.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Digorno. Is that just the crust and you add your own toppings or does it come completely ready made?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I always have pepperoni on hand for Jonni. She loves the stuff. I like peppers and olives and mushrooms and.... I'm getting hungry for pizza now. My favorite to make is French bread pizzas. But I haven't made many in years because John doesn't care for them. I will have to remember to add those back onto my menu.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Digorno is ready made, Merme. I don't remember if it is one we liked or not. I do remember we tried it

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes. If I am going to eat pizza I want it to be loaded with all kinds of toppings. It is the same way with my salads... I like them packed with yummy things and not just plain lettuce!

Maxi just left. It will be a long week til his return.

I'm too lazy to cook anything for dinner now that I'm here alone, so I will just pick on this and that, I think.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You will miss him, Merme. But you can spend the week preparing for his next visit. I am picking on this or that tonight. I want to clean out the left overs around here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
were having tacos tonight. I like it when we have tacos. theres no persuading anyone to eat 'just a little'....or....'try it'.
we make pizza here every now and then. it's fun. everyone can add their very own toppings and we sample each others. the kids just love it.
what a nice day I"ve had today! I got up early and knocked out some chores, then watched a movie with the fam, then went outside and built a small bone fire. just came in to finish up supper, fold some more cloths, and get ready for another long week. I need to pay some bills, but they just might have to wait one more day. I"m too calm and happy to sit down with those today!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yep it is ready made---the one we have is a thin crust 4 meat Ultimate.

here we usually get a supreme--no matter what brand it is, as we like lots of 'stuff' on our Pizza's too.

I have a notion this one is not going to go over well--I like thin crust, Rod prefers thick crust. oh well---

we have been eating so much heat & eat stuff since the end of August that this will be just one more. when I am able to go back to actual cooking, Rod won't know what hit him.... lol

________

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
It is the same way with my salads... I like them packed with yummy things and not just plain lettuce!
Merme

I'm the same way with my salads, merme. a half a handful of lettuce, then loaded up with whatever kinds of veggies, egg, chopped meat, seeds......anything I can get my hands on. then topped with a generous portion, but not too much dressing. YUM YUM!

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Maxi just left. It will be a long week til his return.
Merme

\

I am sorry Maxi's stay has come to an end, Merme. May the week pass quickly for you.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Carol ~ that Ultimate sounds like it might be good

Cricket ~ yes, a loaded up salad is the best. I like the combination of something sweet added to something not sweet; a very cold item along with a just heated up something, crunchy and soft, etc.

Now I am hungry for a salad and don't have a single thing to make one! boohoo

We tried some of those International Coffees this weekend. I like the French Vanilla and Maxi likes the Vienese Chocolate.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I am sorry Maxi's stay has come to an end, Merme. May the week pass quickly for you.

Thank you, Carol.

And I think I will do as Tina suggested and use the time to prepare for his next visit.

My kid is growing up so rapidly, I hardly know what to think!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
merme, you don't mind maxi drinking coffee? my 11 yr old always wants to drink those fancy icecream coffee's. most of the time I tell him no, but once or twice I let him have a small one. Is it ok for them to have that much caffine at such a young age? will it really stunt your growth like my pappaw used to tell me it would? ha ha.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cricket ~ I grew up drinking coffee and tea at a young age. Not to mention soda and eating chocolate. I see no problem with it in moderation, like most things.

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Nov 16th, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
If they aren't getting caffeine that way, they are getting it in energy drinks, sodas, or chocolate bars or something else altogether. I let my daughter have coffee when she wanted it. Kids often start with a coffee flavored milk drink if left on their own. It makes them feel quite grown up. I don't think it actually stunts your growth. And children all over have drunk coffee since it was introduced into the diet without really bad effects. I just wouldn't allow it before bed time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
I wondered about coffee for Maxi too ... was it decaf? I love the stuff but don't buy it cause it makes me so jittery - gave up coffee altogether ... may try some decaf now though cause it is cold in the mornings...
I spent today cleaning up- need to make copies of the receipts for our new cell phones and the rebate forms so I can send them in next week... that and refilling my coupon box will be my tomorrow projects-clipped lots out of todays paper and Joe just brought me the flyers from someones paper that they left at work... always like extras.... going to iron after dinner tonit while I watch tv...
Maxi you and Joe will get along fine-- he loves Monty Python movies.... !
Well off to get busy.. going to make porkchops for dinner.... mashed taters- gravy and a veggie too...
Nana

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm one of the few kids who aren't addicted to caffine.I rarely drink coffee (once or twice a month)and I would rather drink some milk or water than soda.I can do without caffine.The key is MODERATION.

Waiting for fall...
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
merme, you don't mind maxi drinking coffee? my 11 yr old always wants to drink those fancy icecream coffee's. most of the time I tell him no, but once or twice I let him have a small one. Is it ok for them to have that much caffine at such a young age? will it really stunt your growth like my pappaw used to tell me it would? ha ha.

a lot of the fancy and or flavored coffee's have more calcium in them than you might think.--ands so perhaps less caffiene.

AND soft drinks, esp say Mountain Dew, have more caffeine and sugar in them than a cup of coffee would.

Last edited by JunieGirl; Nov 16th, 2008 at 04:37 PM.

________

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
nana, we had cube steak and gravy and potatoes for dinner thumbup was good. now, i just have to take my meds, and i'll be off to bed here soon.

and cricket, my kids all got coffee-ish drinks from about the age of 5 (or younger if they could sneak it). not from me, i don't drink the stuff, but we had friends who would make them a cup when they made theirs. didn't stunt matthew's growth one bit. he's, as they say in the south, a big'un. easily 6'2" and takes a 52L suit coat to fit his arm length and shoulder width. if that's stunted growth, i'm glad he didn't get "full grown" haha haha diane has met him, so has cindy. you can ask them! thumbup

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I gotta go. See you all soon.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
g'night merme. glad to have you back kissie

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
true, true about the mountain dew and other soft drinks that also have a ton of caffine. I also don't let my kids have the energy drinks. If they buy one or someone else buys them one I only let them drink half at one time. I guess it's like you all said....in moderation.
well, I gotta taco calling my name.....be back in a bit.

Cricket

1k Posts
1k Posts
I don't drink energy drinks;I can't afford them and they have way too much caffine.

Waiting for fall...
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by emdeGardener2
I don't drink energy drinks;I can't afford them and they have way too much caffine.
i agree enrique

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I won't buy my daughter energy drinks either. But she works and buys her own (sigh). I just don't like the idea of them. Then when she pops that can in my car and the smell permeates the air, yuck. I still need to figure out what i am going to eat for dinner. I just trimmed my son's nails and popped him in the bath. I get sweet smelling boy in a few.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
where's Shirley been lately?

I drink Pepsi all the time. I've done it so long if I don't have it I can't stay awake.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I get sweet smelling boy in a few.

so your boy uses soap!?! wish my boy still did.
his younger sister comes out of the bath smelling like a flower, but the boy.......smells just about the same as when he went in! ugh! some days I send him back to the shower 2-3 times! you'd think he'd realize I smell his body and hair when he gets out. might as well do it right the first time and not have to go back and back.????

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My boy is 14 but he is down syndrome so sticks around 5 mentally. I still wash his hair in baby shampoo and we have a snuggle while he is drying. So I have a forever sweet baby. I wouldn't give that up for anything.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Oh, tina. I didn't know that about your son. my mom was mentally impaired so I know 'somewhat' of what you go through.
OH how I'd love to grab that boy of mine and still wash his hair. even if it was just once a week and get it CLEAN CLEAN......but he's pretty much as big as me now and could probably take me down! ha ha.
I guess a lot of boys and maybe even girls go through that stage of not wanting to wash themselves well.????

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
How old is he? When they become teens you have to start setting a timer to get them out of a shower. Or pay a fortune for hot water.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket

I guess a lot of boys and maybe even girls go through that stage of not wanting to wash themselves well.????

Once both of my girls were old enough to take their baths/showers I could not make thme wash unless they were inclined to either.

BUT when the oldest became a high school cheerleader she found her way to the bathroom every night.

The oldest did the same when she began high school too.

Cricket, I imagine the time will come for your son too.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Cricket I have 5 children. I had three in my 20's, girl, boy, girl. Then in my 40's I had two more, currently 17 (girl) and 14. I am 57. I knew Teddy was going to be DS before he was born and chose to have him. Every time someone says something nice about how I'm doing with him I try to explain. Of my five he is the easiest kid to raise. He is wonderful about occupying himself in very acceptable ways. He is fun to be around. I don't have to worry about drugs or gangs in his future. His future is set and pretty darned rosy even if it includes a group home. But probably won't because his older bro and sisters will fight over who gets him.
I still get to shampoo his hair and snuggle with him. He is just a dream child.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Now, in a few months when he starts needing to shave, he may not be quite so dreamy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina thank you for re-telling that story. I knew about your son but I only knew about 2 of the 3 older children. He will do fine with the shaving. You are a good mother and I am know you will make sure of it.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I used to joke that because of menopause, he and I would start shaving our chins about the same time. But I think he is going to win that race. And grooming is not a strong suit of his. Although he is getting better about haircuts and nail trimming. Everything comes with time.
I forget that new people don't know all about my life. None of it is secret. I love talking about Teddy.
When i first joined here, there were a couple of parents with autistic children that welcomed me. Made me feel right at home.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image