Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina---I knew about teddy, and I cannot tell you how I do, but knew about ted for quite awhile. and yes know it is no secret...I think I found out by something you said one time or another. But I thank you for reminding me.--and I do not think I ever knew Teddy's age before.

I am glad for you that there was someone here for you at the time that welcomed you.

In the interest of information, I have 2 girls. The oldest is 28 and the youngest is 22. I am 56. Dh is 57.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
tina, one of my very best friends has a child, 24 yrs old now, with what she lables as mental retardation. She has to limit is shampoo! he will use a whole bottle of shampoo and an entire bar of soap within a few days. now that kid smells great! ha ha. he is the youngest of two boys, and the older boy can barely take care of himself. she worries greatly about what will happen to him if her and her hubby goes first. she doesn't want him in a group home and knows the older sibbling wouldn't/couldn't take care of him. she pushes him to be very independent.....(follows after him, although he doens't know). he knows how to take busses across town and can somewhat budget money.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
oh, and my son is 11. and yes his showers are quiet long. I don't even want to guess what's going on in there, but I can bet you it doesn't involve a wash rag and soap....hhmmmm...or maybe does??? blush egad

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is great. He sounds like he will do quite well. Group homes are not all bad. I used to be a provider and took in mentally disabled kids to allow me to be a stay at home mom for my older set. It is rewarding.
I can't imagine at this time that Ted will ever handle money or take a city bus on his own. I know he can count to at least 10 but I couldn't prove it to anyone. The way I know is that we count steps on stairs and I will leave one out and make him fill it in. He is pretty much nonverbal and won't use sign language. He will always need a lot of supervision and oversight in most life skills beyond dressing himself. Like I said, my forever baby. But I discussed his future with his older sibs. They love him almost as much as I do and understand his needs. He will be well cared for. But I have also told my kids I do not object to a group home as long as he is not dumped and forgotten. I don't expect that to happen. And he will be able to afford his care with funds handled by someone else and well protected.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I had to laugh at your not washing son Cricket.... when my son was just about that age- he could come out of the shower stinkier than he went in, I got tired of sending him back 3 times... I sent him in- let him get started and went in with a SOS pad- told him if he came out ever again dirtier than he went in I would use it on him... left it on the counter in a plastic bag for a couple weeks but had nor more problems with him not washing- and his sister's used to call him Pigpen after the Charlie Brown character.... he was also type cast in the 4th grade play as a trash heap.... LOL!
I have 3 kids- daughter 41, son 37 and daughter 31... grands from 18 down to 4- 16 of them altogether - don't see them all but they are all in my heart-
I am 58 and hubby is 54, we have been married almost 32 years now....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
not a bad idea nana with the sos pad! I might just have to try that. I keep thinking if he ever gets a girl friend his hygine will improve, but not really sure I wanna go there right now either. ha ha.
pigpen! too funny!

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Goodnight everyone--sleep well.

.......... wavy snooz.........

________

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good night carol.
I'm off to bed as well.
my feet are cold and they aren't getting any warmer unless I get them under a blanket. brrrr.

Cricket

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning ,
I am up early - don't quite know why - it is still dark out there... so will watch sun come up and light up my mountain view,hubby will be getting up in a little while too.
Carrie will bring me the little boys while she takes Joseph to school this morning-along with school clothes so they can get dressed here and have breakfast... will be making some pancakes soon I think...that should fill them up nicely... bottomless pits lately- probably all going to grow again... She is off today so she will come back for Nicoli and then I will have a day off... going to make a crockpot of stew I think... it't warmed up a little but still stew sounds good to me right now, going to clean out the fridge too so there will be plenty of room for turkey day cooking...my sis says she won't be here so it will be just about 18 of us I think... hopefully no one will be sick like last yr... had way to much food left over after son and his family couldn't come...though made lots of turkey enchiladas ....
Well off to mix up some pancake batter, got to feed the under 7 set before school- will give Joseph a pancake sandwich to eat on his way to school too- he is spending next week with us while they go up to the timeshare place.. little boys can miss school - he can't afford to- not in high school... it's mid term or finals time for him now... I imagine I better go grocery shopping this weekend to make sure I don't run out of food- that boy can eat!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am up early too. We had a little earthquake this morning. And I could go back to sleep easily but am afraid I'll feel even worse if I do. So up I am. It is going to be a busy day. I can tell already.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well hubby's alarm has gone off 4 times, guess he doesn't want to get up... snooze alarms just bother me ... I usually wake up on my own without an alarm.
I think we will be having a busy day too- at least sun is up now-- can see the almost blue sky.. it's a little cloudy .. hiding the mountains so far- supposed to warm up to almost 70* today-- that will be nice-
Earthquakes scare me ... was in the one in Alaska yrs ago and that was no fun at all- I guess you get used to them like anything else but it't just a feeling I don't think I would get used to it .... to much out of control for me I guess.
Well off to make some pancakes ..... boys will be here soon.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good morning----I am so tired. I had to get up to use the bathroom, and so Our dog wanted to go out---so I watered plants while he was out.--I was too awake to go back to sleep by the time "dante" came back in. rolz

I think I will go read a bit, perhaps I will get sleepy and can catch the rest of my nifghts sleep, before I begin my day.

Wishe me luck....."see" ya all later---

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Have a nice catch up sleep Carol... I have boys eating and Mom eating too.. hubby is off to work - Carrie should be on her way back to pick up the boys and take them to school too... after that I help Mom take her shower ... and then it will be my turn...got laundry to do too... ironed last night so must be time to make more ...right?
Nicoli just noticed your frog eating the fly- he says "ewwwwwwww" don't feed me flies Nana.... he just ate 5 pancakes.... silly child.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I enjoyed my nap nana--thank you.

tel Nicoli that the frog is there to 'get rid' of the flys for us--so no worries. grin

I hate laundry--it never seems to go away--

have a good day.....

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Winter storm warning in affect here today. It's snowing, like really snowing. shock Says we could get 5-7 inches!!!!! shock

A COLD FRONT WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE SOUTH OF THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON. AS COLD AIR INVADES THIS AFTERNOON WITH GUSTY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS... SNOW SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY ACROSS THE ALLEGHENY AND POTOMAC HIGHLANDS. SNOW SHOWERS MAY BECOME HEAVY TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 7 INCHES ARE EXPECTED OVERNIGHT IN FAVORED UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE HIGHLANDS... WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OF 8 TO 9 INCHES POSSIBLE BY LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh m y goodness, that kind of snow already???
---will Mark have to go to work??? but then I guess he knows what he is doing when it comes to driving in the snow, huh???

I say, pile under the blankets, & keep warm. thumbup

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'm hoping that all THAT snow will just miss us.....Where Mark works get TONS of snow....three times as much as us probably. So he'll have to be careful tonight and tomorrow. His tires are about worn out.....he needs new ones.

Going to close this now, Carol would you do the honors of opening the next one? kissie

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
sure thing--will go do so now---

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
thumbup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image