Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
if our bridges and overpasses gets ice on them here the mayor comes on tv and urges every one stay home! we see snow here about once every 10 years. and it is in such small amts we count the flakes and not the feet of snow. haha

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol

The dumb thing they did here was.....well they moved the high school from the "bad snow" area, to the "really, super bad snow area". And it's 25 minutes longer of a bus ride.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, even if it's not that bad in my town...school might be canceled because the super bad area gets three times as much snow as we get.

Smart people at the Board of Ed.....

When I was 17 we got a monstrous blizzard that was a white out...they shut down the interstates and me and my friend walked to the next town on the empty interstate....that was really weird.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I like to look at snow far away. Year before last (I think) we had snow that stayed for a week. That is nearly unheard of and a first in my lifetime. It was only a dusting and it didn't stay covering everywhere but it did stay under some of the cooler, shadier places. I am just up from a nap.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Have you ever lived somewhere really snowy Tina?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Loz. I grew up here. But as an adult (Is a 23 year old an adult?) I moved to Conn, and NY for a total of 5 years. I lived in Rochester, NY for two of those with lake effect snow measured in feet rather than inches. I lived in Conn when the state was closed down for 3 days due to an ice storm. I am actually surrounded by mountains with ski resorts where I am right now. But I live below the basic snow line and I like it. I can go snow skiing and to the beach and bask in desert Sun in Palm Springs all on the same day if I was so inclined. Winter that is easy to leave behind.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
The snow isn't as bad to me as the cold....it's the cold I REALLY hate.

Cool that you live in such an all around accessible spot! thumbup

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
move to NC. We get snow once in a while which is great.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Do you know, this time 9 years ago I was getting ready for my wedding tomorrow. It wasn't cold......chilly and rainy, but not bitterly cold like it is now. Not sure what possessed me to pick November as my wedding month! lol

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Not sure what possessed me to pick November as my wedding month! lol

didn't we decide you're crazy?

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That's true! That must be why I picked it. Can't think of any other reason.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
my oldest daughter planned her wedding around the local high school football schedule.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
My niece asked me today why she wasn't at my wedding! lol She's 7, I've been married 9 years. Told her she wasn't even a twinkle in the old mans eye. lol

Last edited by loz; Nov 19th, 2008 at 06:48 PM.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I wonder at what age the time factor is really realized by children. My grandson, who was born in February 5 years ago, has a hard time understanding why is sister, who was born in April 9 years go is older than he. He keeps saying but Feb. comes before April.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
why i don't know sheri. but they are like that.

on the christmas in the tropics/southern hemisphere, we spent almost 6 years in the tropics. i have pictures of my girls in bathing suits sitting on santa's knee lol lol

1k Posts
1k Posts
Evening all.It was really foggy this morning.I took a practice test in driver's ed. and I missed no questions. I'm ready to pass the test.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Cool, Enrique. Do you have an appointment yet?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
That's true! That must be why I picked it. Can't think of any other reason.

naw--the reason you picked the month of Nov. is "temperary insanity".

That is what my friend said that marriage is.--she is happily married, but that is what she told me and my cousin on her wedding day---some 35 years ago.

Last edited by JunieGirl; Nov 19th, 2008 at 07:22 PM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
hi everyone ~ I've been here off and on tonight but have been too tired to post.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I planned both my pregnancies around hunting season.

enrique, when you go to take the driving part of your test your instructor will probably try and yack your ear off to see how distracted you get. that's what mine did. just pay attention to what your doing. even if you have to be a bit 'impolite' by not keeping the converstaion going. just tell him, hold on a minute until I parallel park, or whatever. your not going to be graded on your manners.
what a cute story about the girls in swim suits on santa's lap. I do LOVE to hear about other's traditions. especially from far away places.

merme, I'm the same way today. I've been reading post but just haven't had a whole lot to say today.

I'm off to bed. later guys.

Last edited by cricket; Nov 19th, 2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: mis spelling

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Night! wavy

Don't remind me about hunting season! I'll be glad when it's over and I have my husband back again. lol

Way to go Enrique! clap thumbup

And I couldn't imagine it being so warm at Christmas. It would freak me out. All I've known my whole life is cold and snow.

I've been reading a lot and not posting too much. Just haven't been really "posty" lately. I go in spurts.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
This morning I thought my apt felt chilly but didn't think much about that as I am often chilly. So I went out in my sweatshirt and oh wow! The wind was so bitter cold it ripped right through my sweatshirt. I couldn't believe it! It all looked so sunny and bright out there and I was unprepared for that blast of artic air! And, it was lots worse when I was coming home after dark. No wonder it is chilly in my apt!!

When I was 6, we moved to Miami for a year. Us Northern kids thought Christmas in FL was very unusual -- not to mention the unavailability of Christmas Trees more than a foot tall. My folks bought one of the early versions of an artificial tree -- all in aluminum, with a color wheel to light the thing up because you couldn't put strands of lights on it. We all laughed alot about that unusual Christmas which included a trip to the beach, but it was still Christmas, with Santa and everything else.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
1k Posts
1k Posts
I can't imagine myself celebrating Christmas out north with the snow and the chilly air and the frostbite.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Southern kids have bikes and skateboards on their lists and northern kids have sleds and snowboards on theirs. But most everything else is about the same nation wide.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,900
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image