Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
He ate all of that apple pie. We are starting on another. He is not always keeping everything. And he has developed a hiatal hernia that makes getting stuff down a little more difficult. We are doing softer foods for now. So I am stretching my mind around nutritional stuff that fills that bill. I have yogurt and cottage cheese on hand for him. Tonight he will have turkey gravy on mashed potatoes. And I will have a hot turkey sandwich.
I am also cooking up a dish I learned as goulash but is more of a paste carbonara. That will be for other meals this week and beyond. And maybe only for Jonni and I. John hasn't much liked pasta in the past. But he might now. I just can't tell. I made him deviled eggs to snack on too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
you sure came up with a lot of good ideas for John to have. Your selections sound good to me---I esp like the idea of deviled eggs.

I hope it all agrees with him. Sorry about the hiatal hernia.-- kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Those all sound great, Tina. You've done well thinking up things for him.

Maxi & I were able to get the a/c out of the window. He couldn't do it alone as it was a bit stuck. So he got me very close to the window so I could get it unjammed and begin to ease it out. Then he was able to raise the window just enough for it to slide and he slid it out and onto the floor. Now the window is shut and the heat turned up to warm this place. We had to wear our coats while we were working on it so it is good to have it done. It was far too heavy for Maxi to handle on his own, so he only slid it down to the floor so it is resting on its face. But I can have an adult seat it properly later... the important thing was to close that window!

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Nov 22nd, 2008 at 11:26 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you got that window closed, Merme. I don't have a/c but we do have swamp coolers. We don't take them out but we do cover them for winter. We haven't covered them yet but we haven't used them lately either.
I am still cooking. Getting ready to package and freeze some for another day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
1k Posts
1k Posts
Good morning or rather good afternoon to those out east.

I tallied up the total for my order from the seed catalog I got several days ago.It comes up to around $40.I don't have that much money,so I'll ask my parents.I can pay about $20 so my parents ahve the other half to pay.I'll ask my dad because he got me into gardening in the first place by buying me some seeds and telling me to grow him some cukes.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, you can blame it all on your dad, Enrique. I hope they can help you out with your seeds. Are they all vegetable seeds? Or are you doing any flowers too?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm ordering veggie seeds for the winter garden as well as some squash, bean,cauliflower, and cuke and bell pepper seeds for spring.I better double check to make surethe total isn't higher.

Waiting for fall...
1k Posts
1k Posts
I found the total: about $54.00-$20 I'll provide=$34 for my dad to pay.

Waiting for fall...
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Let us know how your seed order turns out, Enrique. It sounds like a good plan to me!

I have chicken in the oven for dinner. I will do baked potatoes and a vegetable to go with. Maybe some cranberry sauce too.

Maxi went around and replaced the batteries in our smoke alarms because some of them had started beeping this week & I can't reach them. It was a good job well done and nice to know they are all taken care of for a time.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
1k Posts
1k Posts
I planted some more peas a while ago.I'm hoping they produce a lot of peas for freezing and for planting again.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You are getting ready to hunker down for the winter very well, Merme. I hope that it is a mild one for you this year. And that you accomplish all that you want to do.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, Tina, we are hoping for a more mild winter also. I am very concerned about being able to get out safely three mornings every week regardless of weather, Our porch is trecherous.

Right now the apt is so warm and smells so yummy with the chicken roasting, that it feels very festive! We'll be able to eat and then snuggle in for a nice evening watching TV. This is wonderful for us!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My house is smelling food-good too. I have been snacking through the morning and am not very hungry right now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Our dinner was so yummy!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Did it have all of the attachments with it, slicing, shredding?

actually, the food processor is old old. I googled it to try and get an owners manual and found out is was made in the late 80's! ha ha. I didn't even know they made food processors that long ago. it works great, but only has one blade. I chopped up some left over pork roast this morning. I made tortillas and eggs and we had some great breakfast tacos. yum yum! It disasembles very easy for cleaning too.
we spent the day at the local school carnival. we took our kids and a couple of others. so glad hubby went with us to help keep up with all the kids. they had a blast. I'm exhausted and chilled. I think I need a hot hot shower.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm back from my garden.I watered the peas and began digging a new bed for veggies. It will have about 5 rows for planting.

Waiting for fall...
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, Cricket ~ food processors were available in the 80's. We had all kind of modern gizmo's back then, believe it or not! It wasn't all lighting fires with flintstones.

Enrique ~ good for you for working so diligently on your gardens today.

We had a nice evening and Maxi fell asleep right after finishing his hot drink. I laid for a while on the loveseat and he helped me get back up. That thing is definitely too low and soft for me to sit on when I'm here alone!

I plan on going to bed early tonight... no more midnight to 2 AM's for me!

I'm aiming for an 11 PM nighty night.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I got my first food processor in the mid 70's. They have been around a while. And I think the earlier ones were made a little better than more recent ones.
I have finished my cooking for the day and the dishes have all been washed. And I am stuffed. I have food to eat for a couple of days and food in the freezer for later. I feel good about that.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tina ~ it is always nice to be able to cook ahead, isn't it?! Nana does alot of that also.

Tomorrow morning I am making a big pot of chicken stew so Maxi can eat it for lunch when I leave for dialysis & I will have it when I get back. The roasted chicken leftovers will make a nice stew.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Chicken Stew sounds good, Merme--Maxi should love that.

I am off to bed now---I am so tired I cannot hardly keep my eyes open--

Nighty Night all........... wavy

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
1k Posts
1k Posts
Anybody home?

Waiting for fall...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,881
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image