Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl

James: is it just you , or do you have a family???

After all, I would like to address the card correctly--- :wink:

I could just see someone's wife getting all bent out of shape when hubby gets a bunch of cards from women all over the country or world. haha
James has a wife and a small son, I believe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13

I could just see someone's wife getting all bent out of shape when hubby gets a bunch of cards from women all over the country or world. haha

alrighty James----I can understand if you do not wish to post your family's names on an open forum---but you could PM it to Loz--and then she could let us know without you telling the whole world--as it were.

Please??????????

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
On the first post it says to PM, them, James. We don't post addies on the open forum because of weirdos.
Well, i wouldn't be "participating", someone asked me to give my addy anyway; and not like any of you can be weirder than the people i know irl...

Mother Carolyn, just had surgery for breast cancer that i take care of, "wife" samantha, son Trey :P

After all, I would like to address the card correctly--- :wink:

When I worked for HostNuke, I had several clients/affiliates from all over the world sending me postcards (such as from Paris).. lol

Last edited by Moguai; Nov 29th, 2008 at 04:52 AM.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Put you on the list James.

Yeah I was thinking of sending the list out on Monday. That gives 2 more days in case anyone wants to sign up!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone, anyone????

I'm excited to get my first card from Africa. grin

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i don't know who is on the list yet, but i got my first christmas cards yesterday grin i'll post pictures later!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
oh no, Jiffy say it ain't so-----I think there should be a law--no cards until it is December. I think being prepared and fixing them out early is great, even wise, but I say mail them out later.

I had a friend of mine who used to write them in October---and then mail them in December---

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Tomorrow, if I remember, I will work on getting the list sent out. If anyone else wants in speak now or forever hold your peace.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
oh no, Jiffy say it ain't so-----I think there should be a law--no cards until it is December. I think being prepared and fixing them out early is great, even wise, but I say mail them out later.

I had a friend of mine who used to write them in October---and then mail them in December---
actually carol, it was quite nice. way early, i agree, but much needed boost to my day. the person knows who they are :wink: and i will post pictures. when i feel up to messing with the camera. but in the meantime kissie thank you from the bottom of your favorite mouse's heart kissie (i know i'm the favorite mouse, it said so right on the envelope! clap )

1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm in. I haven't gotten Christmas cards before.I wonder what my mom would say when I get a bunch of cards in the mail. grin

Waiting for fall...
1k Posts
1k Posts
Loz I PM'd you my address.

Waiting for fall...
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup don't forget to pm loz!

1k Posts
1k Posts
I already Pm'd her.

Waiting for fall...
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
actually carol, it was quite nice. way early, i agree, but much needed boost to my day. the person knows who they are :wink: and i will post pictures. when i feel up to messing with the camera. but in the meantime kissie thank you from the bottom of your favorite mouse's heart kissie (i know i'm the favorite mouse, it said so right on the envelope! clap )

well I am glad the card gave you a much needed lift Jiffy. That is often the best medicine. kissie

________

500 Posts
500 Posts
All my cards have been sent out grin

I have abetter idea yet!!!---Hadeda---just put the note of well wishes INTO the card but loose.--I still think there should be a note of translation too---why it could be on the note of well wishes---yep---I like that idea much!!!

A better idea indeed, I used that suggestion grin

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
I think I will pass on this this year. Not to be a scrooge, but I have not been in the crowd long enough, and I write ALL the time, so much so that I have a bad shoulder thing. More writing is not appealing.
I vowed last year that I would never send Christmas cards out again, Every year I send out a bunch and get a few back. Not even a note saying hi., And people that I know.
IT was depressing. Sad thing is I am a nice person.
Just goes along with my theme of not doing Christmas at all this year.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Hadeda
All my cards have been sent out grin

I have abetter idea yet!!!---Hadeda---just put the note of well wishes INTO the card but loose.--I still think there should be a note of translation too---why it could be on the note of well wishes---yep---I like that idea much!!!

A better idea indeed, I used that suggestion grin

\

thumbup clap

Gee Mark--you are sure on the ball !!!

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Ditchy
I think I will pass on this this year. Not to be a scrooge, but I have not been in the crowd long enough, and I write ALL the time, so much so that I have a bad shoulder thing. More writing is not appealing.
I vowed last year that I would never send Christmas cards out again, Every year I send out a bunch and get a few back. Not even a note saying hi., And people that I know.

Kim We know you're a nice person, grin clap Hey you were already in the gift swap and have contributed all over this Forum,, so you 'in the crowd alright!' thumbup and we have loved getting to know you,, I'd like to send you a card.. if it's okay,,,,, (pm Me your address??) I wouldn't expect one back,, I just like sending them ,, grin I've been going thru some hard times personally,, I feel better when I can make someone else smile!!!!!!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
500 Posts
500 Posts
thumbup clap

Gee Mark--you are sure on the ball !!!

Thanks grin I have to be on the ball if I want the christmas cards to reach you folks before christmas neener

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts

Ditchy ~ I don't think it matters if you send cards or not.... we didn't last year because we couldn't afford to, but we are sending this year.

What concerns me is your "theme of not doing Christmas at all".

What's up with that?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
500 Posts
500 Posts
Eish, Why was your late husband such a Christmas tree hater?

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Everyone, please check your PM's......there is the new addition added on to the end. thumbup

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Ditchy...I have a very bad "Christmas" thing I have to deal with every year. tears
Ever since 1992 when my late husband torched the Christmas tree and then threw it outside, then the next year he said if we decorated a tree he would burn it, along with the house...well...you can sorta see why Christmas is a little weird for me psychologically. touched

Anyway...I haven't had a Christmas tree since then...and I don't think I ever will again....too many bad memories.
So...I can see how it's easy to try to just forget about Christmas.

But, I do enjoy my "Christmas Card Swapping" with my friends here.
I hope I am not too late to get on the list.

kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie

________

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
What concerns me is your "theme of not doing Christmas at all".
Amazing that it's more than just me this year... '

Originally Posted by loz
Everyone, please check your PM's......there is the new addition added on to the end. thumbup
Loz loves them more than me ;) :P

Last edited by Moguai; Dec 2nd, 2008 at 05:29 PM.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom

Kim We know you're a nice person, grin clap Hey you were already in the gift swap and have contributed all over this Forum,, so you 'in the crowd alright!' thumbup and we have loved getting to know you,, I'd like to send you a card.. if it's okay,,,,, (pm Me your address??) I wouldn't expect one back,, I just like sending them ,, grin I've been going thru some hard times personally,, I feel better when I can make someone else smile!!!!!!! grin

You know you are so sweet.. you just made me cry~ Your all so sweet! You made my night!
kissie
Chrsitmas has always been so hard for me, I lost my mother when I was 18, right after Christmas.
Christmas was so special to her, and it was always wonderful.
I know that was so long ago, But It seems harder now that I am older.
My husband and I used to do christmas just the two of us, but now he goes to his sisters house every year in NC. No I dont go, I dont feel close to the family. I even asked him this year why does he have to go every year, most people rotate, He said because he wants to. For years when we first met he never had anything to do with them. ITs been in the last 5 years. I am whining I know, We are not close if you could not tell. I am really ok with it and with being alone, I just cannot get into all the decorating for just me. I just hope it goes my quickly. Thanks for caring you guys. You all would be wonderful friends to have close by. I dont have many friends near me.

Last edited by Ditchy; Dec 2nd, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie kim, you have family friends here to celebrate christmas, and the site is almost always decorated well so you don't need to :wink:

hang with us and you'll feel like we are next door!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
kissie kim, you have family friends here to celebrate christmas,

hang with us and you'll feel like we are next door!

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly!!!!! clap grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yup, Ditchy. We're here rain or shine; good times or foul; early and late. Just a mouse click away! So hang with us all you want!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Yup, Ditchy. We're here rain or shine; good times or foul; early and late. Just a mouse click away! So hang with us all you want!
Merme

yep, Merme said it all.......

________

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,926
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image