Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We really are in slow motion today. Maxi had a late snack and so I am going to go lay down for a while before I start dinner. He wants something with noodles and hamburger and doesn't care if it's hamburger gravy or something with tomatoe sauce, so I have options when I get up!

Trouble is, I've got my nose in a good book and though I need to lay down, I can't stop reading long enough to get it done! lol

Diane ~ I sent you a gmail.

See you all later when I'm moving better.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Spiders are pretty cool but I don't like them indoors.

I'm the same way. I won't dare kill one if it's outside, but indoors they are fair game. about all we have here that are dangerous is the brown recluse. they'll eat your skin away if you don't cut open the wound and get that poison out right away. trouble is, they hurt much like ant so you don't realize you've been bitten by one unless you see it biting you and can recognize it.

Man, just got back from ice skating. I sure didn't remember how cold it was in there! I should have had my daughter in a heavy coat and gloves. all she had was a hoody and her poor little lips were purple. they had a great time, though!

Last edited by cricket; Dec 6th, 2008 at 04:25 PM.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Cricket, we were talking about going ice skating just this week. We haven't been in years.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
when we lived in Oklahoma we had tarantulas everywhere all the time. And scorpions in the sinks and bathtub drains. Yuck.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I have only been ice skating twice in my entire life. it was the first time for the kids. I told them it was about as cold as the frozen food ilse in the grocery store. ha ha. boy was I wrong! I just had a light weight jacket too. I sure was wanting my baseball cap and leather jacket! I also told them ice skating was way different that roller skating and it would be more difficult. they got out there and wizzed around like it was nothing. then it dawned on me....these kids learned to skate with in-lines, so ice skating wouldn't be ALL that different for them after all. So much for mother knows best, huh!

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
My pond will be frozen enough to skate on soon.

my kids got a little nervous after they had been skating for a while and the ice got ruts in it. they were afraid they'd fall through at the rink! haha

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
oh yea, we have scorpions here too. OUCH! they hurt WAY more than a yellow jacket sting!

Cricket

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,927
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image