2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. dry mustard
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. black pepper
2 large bay leaves
4 cloves garlic
4 sprigs parsley (2 tsp. dried)
1/3 cup lemon juice

Place marinade ingredients in a stainless steel or glass or plastic bowl that is large enough to contain a 3 or 4 pound roast. Whisk. Marinate roast in refrigerator for 24 hours, turning over a few times.

Ingredients:

3 or 4 pound venison roast
1 large onion, quartered
3 large carrots, cut in thirds
4 potatoes, quartered

Method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Preheat roaster pan or large (14 inch) cast iron skillet on stove top and add roast and 1 cup of marinade, cover, and place in oven. Roast for an hour, remove from oven, add vegetables, 1 cup more marinade, cover, and roast for one more hour. Uncover and continue roasting for 15 minutes so the venison and potatoes brown nicely. Remove from oven and serve with pan juices. Add a little water to the pan as necessary.

Notes: Make sure that the roasting pan does not dry out during the roasting. Add more marinade as necessary throughout. You can add more of the same vegetables if you wish, including whole or halved mushrooms. You can add sage or rosemary, too. The oil in the marinade makes this recipe nice and rich. The wine and lemon juice tenderize the roast as well as add flavor.

*I doubled this recipe and served about 10 people. There were leftovers but not too much because they were all eaten up the next day. I cooked this at recommended temp of 400 until I added the veggies and then I turned it down. Mostly because the timing wasn't right for when the guys would want to eat. I believe I ended up turning it down to 300 and cooking for a couple of hours and then turned it down to about 180 just to keep it warm until they were ready to eat. It turned out great!! It takes a lot of ingredients but to me and the guys was well worth it. They all loved it. Let me know if you try this!!

#247854 Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:08 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sorry it took me so long to get this posted but alas...here it is. Hope somebody can try it out!!

#247857 Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:19 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
This sounds really good, Jessica. i need to get my hands on some venison again. It has been years.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #247862 Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:44 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
If you can get some I would strongly recommend trying this. thumbup I wished I lived closer because I would give you some. We have a freezer full!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,914
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image