Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hmmm. If you weren't moving anyway, I would have the landlord put in handicap only parking right in front of you, Merme. That could help solve that problem maybe. I need to do stuff but am having a hard time getting up and doing

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The landlord said the owner wouldn't allow a sign here, Tina. That's why he was just going to speak to them.

Maxi got our Christmas lights strung all along the porch railing. The child always amuses me when he is working hard on something and problem solving. If he makes a mistake and causes himself a problem, he figures it out and then chuckles at himself making a mental note not to do that again. I always have to grin a bit myself watching him at it.

Not knowing what time he'll be leaving, I made Shepherd's Pie for our lunch so we could have a nice meal together. It was pretty darn good, too.

Now I'm ready for more coffee and the dishwasher has stopped running.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
The landlord said the owner wouldn't allow a sign here, Tina. That's why he was just going to speak to them.

Maxi got our Christmas lights strung all along the porch railing. The child always amuses me when he is working hard on something and problem solving. If he makes a mistake and causes himself a problem, he figures it out and then chuckles at himself making a mental note not to do that again. I always have to grin a bit myself watching him at it.

Not knowing what time he'll be leaving, I made Shepherd's Pie for our lunch so we could have a nice meal together. It was pretty darn good, too.

Now I'm ready for more coffee and the dishwasher has stopped running.

Merme

[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
why What does that mean, Mark? why

By the way, has anyone seen Melcon6 on lately?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I love to watch Ted think through a problem so I know what you mean, Merme. I call it "thinking out loud" even though he is nonverbal. You can see the thought processes at work in slow motion in his face and actions. But once he has it figured out, he never, ever forgets.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi just amuses me so much when he does it, Tina. Gee, I love this kid.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
But once he has it figured out, he never, ever forgets.

I know what you guys mean. My youngest (girl) is a perfectionist...no matter how much I try to change it, that is just who she is. It can take 20 minutes to explain the simplist thing, with her asking 400 questions, but once she grasps it, she has it forever.

good to see you back on merme!

I got all my inside chores done early so I could accomplish some outside stuff today. only thing is.....it's in the 70's and the sun is shinning and a nice soft breeze is a blowing. I'm in the lawn chair soaking up sun more than I am working. Oh well! I'll do the work when it's cold and miserable. I am SO enjoying this weather. what a great treat for december! clap

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
500 Posts
500 Posts
I need to see photos of Maxi figuring out stuff neener

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
oh and what a great pic Hadeda!
(what ever it might mean?)

so Hadeda, what is the national favorite sport where you live?
I'm asking cause my son just did a report on a country s. america and their favorite sport is cricket which we knew nothing about. we 'you tubed it' and WOW! sounds like a lot of fun. broaded our horizons, Hadeda! we might as well learn about the world while we are watching it snow. (well, I'm not watching it snow of course here in texas, but it IS still winter and nothing much growing)

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
lol @ Mark

Hi Cricket! I say soak up all the sun while you yet may.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Hi Cricket! I say soak up all the sun while you yet may.
Merme

ok thumbup

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We're having a late snack of frozen pizza. Man, that stuff is a food unto itself.

Maxi's outside lights look great. He used all white this year instead of the multicolored. He did not extend them the entire width of the porch but doubled back. lol They are festive!

From where I sit at my desk, I am near the tree and can see the outside lights also. I have a nice view.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi just left for the week and I've done as much in the kitchen as I intend to, so I think I am calling it a day now. I am going to stretch out on the couch and watch a movie and maybe sleep early. Tomorrow begins another overly busy week & my new agency girl will be here by 8 AM, so I want to be in some sort of shape when she comes.

See you all soon.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Merme, Rest well.
I have been getting our dinner ready to finish up in a while.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
night night, merme!
we have pork ribs in the oven and they are just about done. I may do just a bit more cleaning, but I am basically done for the evening. yippeee!
hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
I wish great restful sleep for all, for the week ahead.

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I had a nice rest on the couch and now I am slowly making my way toward bed. I'm debating a hot cup of Red rose tea first, though.

Anybody home in CH tonight?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am here on the west coast, Merme. Clock watching for bed time because I never napped today. But I want to watch a show first at 8 pm.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am here merme but to mainly 'catch up'--I am so tired I cannot keep my eyes open----as soon as I can let my dog out for one last time I am going to call it a night as well

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Goodnight then, everybody.

Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thank you Merme--and sweet dreams to you as well.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
oh and what a great pic Hadeda!
(what ever it might mean?)

so Hadeda, what is the national favorite sport where you live?
I'm asking cause my son just did a report on a country s. america and their favorite sport is cricket which we knew nothing about. we 'you tubed it' and WOW! sounds like a lot of fun. broaded our horizons, Hadeda! we might as well learn about the world while we are watching it snow. (well, I'm not watching it snow of course here in texas, but it IS still winter and nothing much growing)

This thread is useless without pictures neener

Soccer and cricket grin It's quite amazing because here, you can't live a day without seeing soccer/cricket related stuff in the newspaper

500 Posts
500 Posts
Hooray!

I got myself a Ice Blue Iris grin

[Linked Image]
*Not my photo

500 Posts
500 Posts

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
oooooowwww that's pretty,

hi people, I'm finally feeling a little bit better, my doctor sayas for me to stop over doing. It's hard for me to just rest.

I'm going to the school today and help decorate for Ashley's play they hare having, she got a speaking part in the play, she's an elf.

Then I have to run home and do some house work and then take some stuff back to wal mart

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I just polished off my first cup. I woke too early this morning. I am going to regret it later, I'm sure. But it is too late to go back to bed. I will need to get up too soon to get a decent 'nap' in.
Today is just a plain back to school Monday. Other than sneaking in a little shopping and banking, I have no big plans. I will be making some pineapple upside down cake to take to work with me tomorrow for a friend's b-day. I love the smell that leaves in the house. I will bake two, one to stay, one to go.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody.

My new girl started today and I think she is going to work out okay. The only thing is she speaks way way way too loudly and keeps making me jump out of my skin! lol

I'm sipping coffee and trying to pull myself together.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Merme, You are a disabled person, you must be deaf as well. If she stays very long she can be taught. I am glad she looks like being a good help to you.
John is taking a med that is affecting his already poor hearing. He is speaking louder as a result.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is an awesome shot, Mark. It needs its own thread to do it justice though. And to get more votes from here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
500 Posts
500 Posts
Thanks grin

I kinda already posted the picture in it's own thread already notme

//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=235648

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I remember seeing it before. But I meant as a contest entrant link so people could vote for you. The old coffee houses get deleted as they fill up.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Well, I'm off for now as I will be leaving for dialysis soon.

See you all on the flip side.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have two (9 inch) pineapple upside down cakes baking. I have the plates all ready to flip them out onto when they are done. Now it is hurry-up-and-wait time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh that sounds good Tina.... I am the only one here who likes pineapple so I never make it for myself- wonder if it would freeze in servings.... ?
I almost overslept today- woke up early and it was cold so I went back to bed to get warm-- went back to sleep till 7:15 - really late for me... had to wake Joe so he could go take Joseph to school and thent he little boys too- it's cold now- was 65* yesterday and today it is getting colder as day goes on- grey outside too- dreary looking- more snow coming they say.... good for the skiiers but wish it would stay in the mountains... supposed to get 2-4 inches .... time to make a fire I think...
We went to Sams to get that shopping out of the way...and got my cards in the mail today too... did the banking too... now we have one taking a nap.. and one on the way- he is watching a Christmas movie but is tired so will end up asleep too I think.
Well off to finish putting stuff away... and may make a fire- I am freezing ...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes Nana. It does freeze well in servings. Just as air tight as you can as for most frozen fare. It reheats nice in the microwave too. I almost always make it with chunk style pineapple because I really like a full layer of pineapple. Skip the cherries and nuts for me. Make one for you and make another with peaches or apricots for the rest of the crowd. You can substitute almost any fruit you would like. Although I am not fond of pears at any time. It really makes up fast and can be eaten warm or cold. I like it for breakfast. I also cut the melted butter used with the brown sugar in half in most recipes. And use less sugar total. I add a little of the juice if I need it to spread it all around. It works well. I have also used sugarless maple syrup for diabetic friends and a sugarless cake recipe. I don't think it's as good but.....

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Oh I am lost! I cannot keep up with the coffee houses! LOL
I will say I got a lovely christmas card in the mail today from Loz~ So very thoughtful. The first one I have gotten. Thanks Loz... (((((Hugs)))))

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I love fruit upside down cake with just about any kind of fruit you can make it with! Yummy! Sherri ~ Maxi doesn't care for pineapple, either.

I am seriously thinking of letting Maxi bake some Christmas cookies this year. I think he would get a kick out of doing it and then would have something delicous to give to his friends.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Kim! You snuck in while I was typing! How are you tonight?

Nerne

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
There are a lot of good and easy cookie recipes for Maxi to try, Merme. Just make sure he knows the difference between 1T, and 1 c. Jonni made some cookies a few years ago with a full cup of baking soda in them. Very interesting flavor even the dog didn't want.
Has he ever made fudge? That is usually kid friendly too as long as you have a strong stirring arm.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tina Maxi has been oooking for a long time and knows about measuring. I'm thinking of using some classic recipes my mom used with us when we were young. I think he will get a kick out of doing it.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,929
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image