Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
angelblossom #275703 Apr 20th, 2009 at 07:49 PM
That is so cute of him laying his head in his feed bowl. So glad he is doing much better.

Lisa Hurt
lisajonathan00 #275704 Apr 20th, 2009 at 07:53 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks so much, Lisa - and welcome to the forums!

Last night, Butterscotch actually went over to my husband while he sat in a chair on the deck while BBQing, and he let him pet him for a long while. It's the first time he didn't run away when one of us went out on the deck. I am so hoping that he'll learn to keep me company while I garden this summer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #275756 Apr 21st, 2009 at 06:16 AM
Wow that is great.
Thanks for the welcome. I am still learning to navigate this place. LOL :)

Lisa Hurt
Joclyn #276358 Apr 23rd, 2009 at 08:07 PM
Dont know if you have, but getting him neutered will stop him from fighting and getting injured. There are usually local clinics who spay/neuter feral cats for a low price and can lend you a humane trap. I feed feral/stray cats but got them all spayed/neutered because of all the fighting and kittens being born. Now the cats are happy and healthy, and half of them are super people friendly now and some got adopted. Dont know about the ear, but if you could catch him and have the money a vet who deals with feral cats could help him.

Ally Cat Allies has amazing info on Feral Cats. http://www.alleycat.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=191

Last edited by KeithP; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
KeithP #276381 Apr 23rd, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Eva Offline
One idea is to contact your local SPCA and see if you have Vets in your area that help with things like shots and "fixing" them. Our little Rocco came meowing outside our room one morning in the pouring rain. So sad! We took him to vet and told them his stoy and the vet wrote him up as a shelter cat cause had I called the SPCA that is were he would have wound up anyway.. So they didn't charge us for the first visit and gave us the shots half price. They are also neutering him him at 1/2 price. So it is an idea.. He looks great! Good job!

[Linked Image]
~Believing in God for a miracle~

The sunshine is calling me, the dirt says come and play, the little seeds yawn for a nap, the weeds yell go away!
Eva #276812 Apr 25th, 2009 at 07:31 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks Keith and Eva - I am going to make some calls next week -
I got some leads from a woman at PetSmart the other day.

Here is Butterscotch nice and cozy while napping in his cathouse on the deck today.
[Linked Image]

Tonight he ate some cheese from Don's hand but I didn't have the camera handy.
When I got back downstairs, he was eating from the bowl instead.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #276818 Apr 25th, 2009 at 07:36 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww He looks to be a sweet cat Lynne,, I bet he just craves human affection, as why he is drawn to you guys he knows you care about him. luv

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #278495 May 4th, 2009 at 02:49 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
tears... I was on the phone all morning - Butterscotch came back to us last night after being away for 3 days, but his front leg seems to be very injured. He barely walks on it and it seems to dangle when it's up in the air. I've been feeding him, and he ate so much that he limped off the deck stairs to go potty - he's such a sweet cat - wouldn't do it on the deck. I've now put a small litterbox out there for him, but he hasn't come back yet.

Since we cannot afford to pay yet another cat's vet bills, I found an organization who will pay to take care of him IF we keep him indoors in a cage afterwards - they will pay to get him neutered, shots, and his leg... and then IF we think he is adoptable after we take care of him, they will put him in a foster home and then adopt him out after. If not, then they will release him outside back out here.

BUT... if it's a bad break in the leg, then they will have to euthanize him. boohoo They said that it could cost upwards of $2500 to take him to an orthopedic vet. surgeon, and neither they, nor we can afford that. I am so upset at that prospect, but the woman is right - they can't afford to have a bad break fixed, nor can we, and he will probably get killed by a stronger cat outside since he won't be able to run away from it. I hate being in this position, but we don't have a choice right now - we just cannot take another cat inside.

Please keep Butterscotch in your good wishes, and hope with us that his leg is a simple fix.
He and we would appreciate that very much! kissie

My emotions are running up and down today egad and I have a whoppper of a headache.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
when the kids were small our cat (a barn cat that was litter trained) got hit by a BB gun and it shattered her shoulder. The vets technician wanted me to take it to a University for major surgery to repair the shoulder----we could not afford that SO the vet (after I spoke to him) made a splint/cast for the shoulder----we kept her in the house while it healed.--which it did---then she ran & jumped as if nothing had happened----so you might ask if there is an alternative kind of cast/splint---no one would have told me If I had not of asked because the opriginal surgery was so expensive.

and Good luck with Butterscotch cat shots

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #278528 May 4th, 2009 at 06:40 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh mannnnnn What a dilemma to be in I HOPE his leg is not a bad break, prayers
You've been soooooooo good to him and he knows it that's why he comes back,, even allowing to be petted. It would be a sad thing if he can't be adopted out, tears

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #278551 May 4th, 2009 at 07:32 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Oh mannnnnn What a dilemma to be in I HOPE his leg is not a bad break, prayers
You've been soooooooo good to him and he knows it that's why he comes back,, even allowing to be petted. It would be a sad thing if he can't be adopted out, tears

I agree with everything that Diane has just said. :wink:

________

JunieGirl #278553 May 4th, 2009 at 07:37 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
The woman couldn't get a cage today, so she is coming tomorrow evening. Don will be here and he is going to tell her under no circumstances should they "put him to sleep". I hope we don't "get into it with her", but we shall see how it all pans out.

Brian now thinks I shouldn't have done anything because he thinks his leg is better - we still think it needs to be looked at and unfortunately we can't pay for that right now... so we'll see what the woman tells Don tomorrow.

Thanks for caring Diane and Carol!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well of course we care- kissie Keep us posted about what goes on ok, Lynne?????

________

JunieGirl #278644 May 5th, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
they should be able to put a splint on the leg until it heals up. even if they have to re-break it so that it can be set properly, that should only require a mild sedative so that they can do what's needed. it shouldn't require any surgery at all.

having to be pts because of a broken leg? well, that's an absolutely ridiculous thought/comment. broken bones will heal - and fairly quickly. if there was some issue of severe injury and the bone was protruding from the skin and there was a resultant infection that was bad enough to have worked it's way into the blood and/or gangreen has set in, well that would be a different story.

he hasn't had the injury long enough for things like infection to have progressed to such a serious condition. and you don't mention an break in the skin itself, so infection doesn't seem to even be an issue.

why this woman would recommend he be pts is beyond me!!

won't your vet work with you about payments so that the break can be treated and he can be neutered?

Zone 6b
Joclyn #278646 May 5th, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks for the information, Joclyn. And no, we cannot work with the vet because we just cannot afford to pay for another cat at this time.

BUT... it is time for an update. The woman partner was not able to get to us last night with the cage and Advantage to start the treatements. But we did notice that he was putting a bit more weight on his leg. That started getting us concerned that maybe we had jumped the gun yesterday in involving this organization.

This morning after I gave Butterscotch his food, I noticed that he was walking MUCH better on the leg. And then he turned around and I saw it! He has a wound on the "shoulder" part of that leg - looks like it could be a bite from another cat - the fur is missing there and there is definitely a wound. But he is still moving much better today, and was licking it clean - a VERY good sign. So hopefully it isn't a break at all!

I called the first woman back because I did not want to lose him in an adoption, and I told her that we might have "jumped the gun". She was VERY nice and said that he was "OUR" cat and whatever we decide after he is treated is fine. We can try to keep him indoors, or we can put him back outside - though he wouldn't fare as well being "fixed". So now we will take it one step at a time, and they will get him taken care of, and he will heal here in the cage indoors. We will take it from there after he is better.

Since we don't have the funds to pay for this, but I do have lots of yarn waiting to be used, I am going to knit a bunch of small blankets that they can use in the cages. I've noticed that they use them in the cages at PetSmart, and this organization shows their cats there, so hopefully they will be appreciated. It will be slow going, since I still have tendonitis pretty badly, but it's the least I can do right now.

I will update once again after Sylvia comes tonight with the cage.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If it's any help, one time by me 2 very large feral males got into a very bad fight, one had a bloody ear and the other was limping on 3 legs and could not jump or run even if he had to. Weeks later both cats healed and were acting perfectly normal again, no sign any of them ever had any injury. Male cats tend to be able to withstand worse in injuries/pain than females, and being they are more muscular prevents them from usually getting fatally injured in a fight.

Meaning since Butterscotch is a male he should have a good chance at recovery, and the younger the male ( if he is like 1-3 years) recovery would have an even better chance when there at there prime.

Hope he feels better!

KeithP #278672 May 5th, 2009 at 02:04 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks Keith.

We are not sure how old Butterscotch is - I guess the vet will tell the women when they bring him there. Now that we have the ball rolling with these women they of course insist that he get "fixed" to prevent any unwanted pregnancies. They also say he most likely will not get into so many fights once he's fixed. I am much more optimistic about him now, and very thankful that these woman agreed to take him on - they get so many calls and cannot help everyone since they run on donations only.

The first woman was telling me about all the calls they get from people saying "there's a cat in my yard - come and take him away!!!" This organization is NOT a shelter, and it is not funded other than contributions, so they simply cannot help everyone. We got very lucky that they are willing to help us. I feel very badly for them - it sounds like they are running in all their spare time, trying to help as many cats as they can - the woman who is coming here tonight, does this after her day job, and on her lunch hour as well. Thank goodness for caring people like these two!

We only have 1 public shelter here in this county and it is a KILL shelter - we know that first hand. I will never ever EVER take an animal there. One of the animal hospitals I called yesterday said that they would take him, but after he is taken care of they bring them over to that shelter. But once they are there, if they are not adopted within a certain time period they are "put down" - no thanks!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thought I'd update for those of you who are following...

Butterscotch was put in a cage on Tuesday night in preparation for taking him to the vet. They didn't know when they'd be able to get him into the vet, and we needed to put Advantage on him to kill all the ticks and fleas first. He was terrified in that cage, but did appreciate it when Don would pet him and responded with very loud purring.

The woman, Sylvia, came and took him to the vet very early this morning. He was going to be neutered, looked over thoroughly and cleaned up, wound taken care of, ears cleaned, shots, feline aids and leukemias tests done, etc. thumbup She called this morning to tell us how it all went.

All the routine things and wound care went well.
BUT... he had such a bad urinary tract blockage with crystals that he probably would have died within a few days from now!!! shock tears It's a VERY good thing that he came to us with his wounds and we were able to get the ball rolling on his treatments!!! kissie

There are 2 downsides to this new developement. Because there were additional charges due to the blockage, we are now asked to contribute to the organization's expenses - they have asked us to mail them a small check each month - we can do that. thumbup BUT... he will be on prescription canned food for the next several weeks at least, and that will run up expenses that we were not counting on. egad We also have to clear out a small room off the kitchen so we can keep him in there after he is finished having to be caged, because he cannot eat the dry food that we put out for the rest of the cats. They say that dry food is what causes the blockage and crystals in male cats. This is my "catch-all" and craft room, so there is a lot to box up so he doesn't get into it and swallow anything dangerous. I also need to find another place to put all my plants that are in that room - I keep them in there with the door closed so the other cats don't eat them. Now where to put them??? why

We will do what we have to do to take care of Butterscotch of course. And are EXTREMELY appreciative for all the help that Sylvia and Ilene have given us! kissie kissie I just wish it wouldn't be so hard on us all - including him, the poor baby.

Our son has been through this urinary tract issue with his cat, Oliver, so that will be a big help now. Oliver is back to eating both dry and wet food, so hopefully Butterscotch will get to that stage soon as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Butterscotch is back home now and resting in his cage. His wound area was shaved and he did need stitches, but everything else looks good - he didn't even have any ear mites - not even dead ones after the Advantage, which is rare for an outdoor cat.

He will have to be on prescription food for 6 months according to the vet, but we are going to see if we can shorten that period. Sylvia suggested mixing the prescription food with other wet canned food to help it stretch a bit. The prescription stuff is $1.50 a can!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
shockOMGosh Lynne talk about the making the right call to the right place in doing the right thing for Butterscotch! Unknowingly it couldn't have been better timed for him,
This is a turn of events for the good of him, tho a little costly ~ your reward is knowing how good a life he will have now, I think that is awesome !!!
Big Kudo's to your family kissie for caring enough and Big Kudo's to the organization kissie that enable cats to have better chance at living a full life! grin clap clap clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #279092 May 7th, 2009 at 07:33 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH Lynne---I so agree with Diane---I am so glad that Butterscotch found you and your family. and that he found you "Just in time. I said and I think that he knew what he was doing when he came back to you when he was hurt. he knew where there were kind and caring people that would help him.

I am so sorry about the cost of his food---
I will pray this all works out for you all---

Give Butterscotch a hug for me...

________

JunieGirl #279137 May 8th, 2009 at 06:21 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks again Diane and Carol! kissie
Butterscotch knows that you also care about him. thumbup

I just checked on him - he's still pretty scared, rolled in a ball in the cage not lifting his eyes to look at me. But it does look like he ate some food that Don put in the cage before he left for work at 5 this morning, because the bowl is empty. I will give him some more in a little bit before I leave.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
It will take time, but Butterscotch will change his view of things.----I imagine he is feeling sore and does not know why, poor baby.--but as time goes on, and he is treated well by all of you, he will come around I am sure.

Thanks for the update.

________

JunieGirl #279185 May 8th, 2009 at 03:33 PM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
everything happens for a reason.

i'm so glad things worked out as they did and he was treated for the crystals and blockage!!

male cats do tend to develop the crystals, it's much less common in females, although it can happen.

one way to help avoid it is to feed a good quality kibble that has no grains in it. or very little and definitely not anything with corn in it. most of the usual foods have corn as the FIRST ingredient.

before grain brand and evo brand are two that don't have any grains in the kibble at all and are fairly easy to get. both brands offer canned food that are 100% meat (before grain brand) and 95% meat (evo brand).

both companies market for cats and dogs. i mention this because the stuff for dogs comes in the large, 13 oz, cans and the stuff for cats is only made in either 3.3 oz or 5 oz. so, i buy the stuff with 'dog' on the lable so i can spend a little less. extra can be kept in the fridge for a couple days and i also freeze it, too, if it's not going to be used timely.

is the canned stuff from the vet the a/d or z/d?? if so, it's good stuff. only comes in the 5 oz size, though.

here are two sites you can order online - you would need a prescription from the vet, though, which is easy enough to get. it's a little cheaper online.

here are a few places to check out:

[url=http://www.nationalpetph...e=2&root%5Fid=]national pet pharmacy

discount pet drugs

i hope the links are okay since they're not gardening related...

Zone 6b
Joclyn #279186 May 8th, 2009 at 03:56 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Emily also feeds her dogt food that has no grain--he is corn sensitive.

I will get the brand names of it as well---I do not think they are the ones Jocyln has spoken of. Also, I spoke to Em last night.

________

JunieGirl #279219 May 8th, 2009 at 06:38 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks for all the info, Joclyn. thumbup The canned stuff is S/D, and to be switched to C/D when he is finished with that. I had already been to those sites - they are either the same price or slightly higher than my vet's prices, plus shipping, so unfortunately that won't work. But thanks for posting them.

Thanks for your kind words, Carol. kissie It helps to be able to talk about it here.

He is still recuperating in the cage, and finally moved onto the soft towels instead of laying on the cold cage floor. He scarfs down any food we give him, but we are only giving him a little at a time so he doesn't get sick. He hasn't used the litterbox yet - hopefully by tomorrow. I am going to clean out the small room next to the kitchen tomorrow, so we can bring him upstairs and out of the cage. I know our cats are going to be scratching and banging on the door from that point forward though! Just what I need - more noise around here - NOT! rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #279423 May 10th, 2009 at 09:51 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
I spent all day yesterday cleaning out the small room off the kitchen so we could bring Butterscotch upstairs into the house, yet keep him away from the other cats. When Don put the cage in that room, Butterscotch would not come out.

I had put the cat tent in the room earlier and when we checked on him a few minutes later he was in the tent nice and secure. I thought he would go in there, as it's about the same size as the cathouse he liked outside on our deck. He is slowly coming out to eat, and has been using the litterbox - I am very pleased with his progress. He is still very frightened though, and stays in the tent unless he eats or uses the box. We try to pet him as often as we can, so hopefully he will stay out in the room more often.

Here is is resting in the tent last night.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #279432 May 10th, 2009 at 10:49 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Very Cool space for him Lynne clap And very thoughtful of you to accommodate him the appox' amount of space he had in the "house" outside. thumbup
This is all so very new to him , with the extreme changes he's been through this past week, it's good to hear he is adjusting slow but sure.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #279537 May 10th, 2009 at 06:50 PM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
it's a big adjustment being in a house when they're used to be outside. he'll come around - he is already, actually. the fact that he's not completely freaking out is evidence of that!

he's looking good, i'm glad to see. i love that tent!! where'd you get it??

Zone 6b
Joclyn #279624 May 11th, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks Diane and Joclyn.

I got that tent about 7 years ago at a PetSmart, but many stores sell similar ones nowadays - the pet stores, IKEA, Christmas Tree Shops to name a few.

Butterscotch is NOT a happy camper today. He won't let me pet him at all. But he is spending most of his time out of the tent it seems. Everytime I go check on him he is sitting on the blanket instead. But the first time I went into the room he hissed loudly at me!!! Then he ran back into the tent. He will sniff my hand, but not let me touch.

When I brought his lunch food into the room he cried out loud at me. I very slowly put the bowl down and left. A few minutes later he was eating.

Our other cats are very inquisitive about who/what is going on in that room, so he probably is aware of that now. Poor baby.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #279627 May 11th, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
he's either feeling better enough to show his displeasure at being cooped up in that room or he's feeling some discomfort and telling you about it. actually, under the circumstances, either scenario is a good thing because it shows he's got some trust in you.

if he doesn't want petted, that's okay. everyone is allowed to have a bad day :wink:

Zone 6b
Joclyn #279631 May 11th, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
you know Lynne--I too think that Butterscotch is jsut healing---if he is healing I am thinking he i s hurting more and so is not happy---just let him be alone as much as possible. He will see you taking care of him and come to know that you are a friend not a foe.
When he was well you KNOW he knew that bacuse that is why he showed up at your door when he was hurt.

Like Jocyln said everyone deserves a bad day---and I know there are good days and bad days while healing from surgery.

You will all get thru this, and come out the other side well and happy, I am sure.

________

JunieGirl #279705 May 11th, 2009 at 07:17 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks again Joclyn and Carol!

Well he hissed at Don when he went into the room upon coming home from work, but Don sat in the chair in the room and Butterscotch went over to him for lots of petting. He did try to swipe at him, as he does from time to time, but Don speaks to him in a very stern voice and says NO when he does that.

After our dinner I gave him more food - he seems to be very hungary - he was used to having dry food outside all the time, but now he is only getting the canned prescription food mixed with other canned food, several times a day.

Don went in and gave him more attention, and I joined them after cleaning up the kitchen. Don sat on the floor and I was in the chair this time, and he came over to me for lots of attention and rubs. He had a bit more food for the night, and before I left the room he was cleaning himself - haven't seen him do that since he went to the vet, so all seems very good tonight.

A question... he has very coarse fur, as did most of the feral or outdoor cats that we've had, and I was wondering if it will soften up if he stays an indoor cat? All our other indoor cats are shedding tons of fur these days, as is the season, but I haven't noticed him shedding at all?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #279709 May 11th, 2009 at 07:23 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am only guessing here but
might it be due to his "diet" while outdoors and on his own??
or perhaps his need to have a more insulating type of fur when he was an outdoor cat??

glad to hear of the nice report, Lynne---that is good!!!!

________

JunieGirl #279715 May 11th, 2009 at 07:31 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
I was also thinking that outdoor cats develope a thicker coat to protect them in the "elements" Carol. What I'm wondering is if it will turn softer if he is kept indoors?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #279719 May 11th, 2009 at 07:34 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well I would think so Lynne--again I am no authority but between not needing the thicker coat and the nice food he is getting I am thinking it will soften and improve in general.

Kinda like a girl using expensive hair care items ????

Last edited by JunieGirl; May 11th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.

________

JunieGirl #279720 May 11th, 2009 at 07:35 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Oh you make me chuckle, Carol - good comparison!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #279736 May 11th, 2009 at 07:50 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Glad I could make you chuckle!!!!! bow

________

JunieGirl #279745 May 11th, 2009 at 08:31 PM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
ahh, he was HONGRY!!! no wonder he was having a hissy grin hongry on top of feeling uncomfortable = a hissy kitty!!

yes, the coarser coat is due to the not-the-greatest diet while living outside (even with your supplementing it) and also, since he's outside all the time, the coat will get much thicker than those of indoor animals. plus, he had a medical issue going on and probably wasn't getting the most nutrition from what he was eating and that will affect the quality of the coat as well.

as he sheds and continues to eat properly and stays inside, you'll see the coat getting nicer and nicer. by fall shed you'll see a bit of improvement and by next spring he'll look almost like a different cat.

Zone 6b
Joclyn #279787 May 12th, 2009 at 06:28 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Good to know, Jocyln.

But tell me... he is VERY hungary and as I mentioned last week, we cannot afford to give him tons of this prescription food each day - do you have a suggestion? Is he totally limited to the prescription food right now while he recuperates? It will be a week on Thursday since he went to the vet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,937
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image