Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#251983 Dec 27th, 2008 at 08:27 PM
gwhalh Offline OP
OP Offline
I had a computer meltdown, and then had to hunt for the link for this site forever...didn't think I would ever get back! LOL

I know I wasn't very active back when I first joined, but I hope to be this time around. Actually, maybe I was active...I don't remember! Was this the group I was trying to get to help me identify eggplant???

Hubby and I planted our first ever veggie garden this past spring. It was quite the experience. We didn't get started til late, LATE spring, so didn't get much out of it. But we DID learn that there is a REASON why people plant early! It's called HEAT! LOL

We tried the 3-sisters method of planting this year, and don't think we will be doing it again. By the time the corn was ripe for the pickin', we couldn't get to it without stepping on the squash and watermelons. (Not that those items did very well anyway, with the drought!) I did find a baby watermelon who's vine had climbed a corn stalk and was happily growing while hanging from the corn...shoulda seen the look on hubby's face! heehee

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this next year's planting, and to geting to know everyone on here better. Hope everyone had a great Holiday!

gwhalh #251995 Dec 27th, 2008 at 08:39 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Gardening is a constant learning experience. And like housework, is never really done. Welcome back.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #251998 Dec 27th, 2008 at 08:45 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Gardening is a constant learning experience. And like housework, is never really done. Welcome back.

yep Tina is right...and she had a good analogy..Welcome back....
I have not been able to garden much this last 2 summers----I hope to begin again this spring----We will all be glad to help you...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #252008 Dec 27th, 2008 at 09:09 PM
gwhalh Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the welcome back.

We have so many plans for our place. I'll be glad to finally see some of it come together over the next year. Right now we are waiting for the ground to dry out enough for a timber cutting company to come out and take down our mature pines. We don't have many, but will get enough from the cut timber to at least build a tractor shed for hubby. He's going to put an enclosed section off to the side of it to put all my gardening things in as well.

It's starting to get late here, so I think I will head for bed now. Ya'll have a good night!

Annette

gwhalh #252149 Dec 28th, 2008 at 01:56 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
annette, welcome back wavy glad you made it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,924
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image