Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Here ya go, everyone. A new Coffeehouse all ready for you.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
wavy anyone? It's 2:44AM here lol

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
500 Posts
500 Posts
And what are you doing up at this hour?

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Hello all, ITs a blessing that I am on here at all this am. Was awoken this am 5 to be precise, by one of my cats howling outside my window. He would not come in last night, And it was warm then. I went to turn on the light. and nothing. Great. The wind is howling Unbelievable, It is 32 degrees but feels like teens. I went out with the flash light to see if it was one of our trees that knocked the power out. Nope. Then I saw something weird in the snow, being half asleep I could not figure out what it was.. Bird feed.. satellite dish?? NOPE the cap to out wood stove chimney blew off. Wonderful. I picked it up and put it on the deck. So much for a fire. Now Praying really hard that I can start the generator. After several minutes of prayer I went down and turned off all the inside breakers. WEnt out top the garage and pulled my truck out for light. Thank god it started after a few pulls.. After I remembered to turn the fuel valve on! LOL
WEnt back in and slowly started turning on breakers. The furnace came on! Thank you god.
The water heater lights.. And most important my coffee maker! And mo and behold the internet works. So much for the Satellite people giving me a hard time the other day about weather related.. Oh yeah.. that was a bad part that was wrong then. But in this wind?? and I think the satellite for the TV works.
I dont care, I am just greatful for the furnace and a few lights. I dont keep them on, although I could IT runs the whole house. The only time you hear it lag is the coffee maker. Heating elements are a drag on power. SO I thought I would call husband, who is on the road. I thought he left yesterday morning, Nope he only left 7 hours ago, Sheesh. Well he is going to put the cap back on the chimney. MAke himself useful I dont do roofs! LOL So first we have blizzards with over a foot of snow, then it warms to 55 degrees yesterday and we have floods. Now we have 40 mile per hour gusts and 32 and snow. Feels like the end of the world. Say a prayer for me that we dont lose any big trees. Will check in later. I am tired. Going back to bed for a while. Kim prayers prayers

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Kim I hope your day improves! Stay safe; stay warm.

I'm pouring my first cup of coffee and making bacon & eggs for Maxi. Can I plate up some food for anyone else?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thinking of you Kim kissie prayers Hoping the winds die down for you and you stay warm and get your fill of coffee,,,,,, I don't know what I'd do with my daily coffee,, zoink ,, .. Hope your Husband has safe travels,, thumbup

Merme wavy I'll take some bacon!!! LOVE bacon! grin How are you this morning? Is Maxi Up?? wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Is Maxi Up?? wavy

Maxi always gets up around dawn, long before I do! lol He keeps himself quietly occupied and has a snack of some sort until he's had enough of being alone. Then he'll wake me and I get up and cook.

You are welcome to as much bacon as you please!

I'm in good shape today and go to dialysis at 11.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOW Merme ,, Maxi is an early Bird,, shock ,, It's sweet he lets you sleep He's a good son, grin My kids at his age slept so late on weekends,, I'd have to wake them up for lunch, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Diane Maxi was so surprised last summer when he went to stay with friends in CT. The teens in that family sleep til noon on weekends. The mom kept hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator so Maxi could make toast and have his own breakfast because nobody in that house would be ready to cook early enough for him. I had to chuckle at him over it -- he was so bemused that anyone would sleep in so long they'd miss the beautiful day.

As a teen I also slept long hours on weekends but to my son that is downright nearly scandleous! lol

Kids are funny critters.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning, first cup. I could hardly ever sleep in, even as a teen. Sleeping in until 7 am IS sleeping in for me. I love mornings. And I need the long wake up time to shake off the aging aches and pains and get my mind set up for the day ahead.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I like to sleep late sometimes. Always have. I had a neighbor once who couldn't stand it. She thought everyone should get up when she got up and would wake her family. I thought that a little strange. Is she a control freak or what?

I have like 32 loads of laundry. Those of you with a bunch of children must have at least a million.

Ditchy, you need to stop running around outside in the dark when your home alone.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, Tina.

I'm off now to get ready for dialysis. See you all after dinner.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Merme, in our area the dialysis centers aren't open on Sunday.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sheri, Merme's aren't usually either but they are scheduling so the employees and patients can be off for New Years Eve and Day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
How nice is that. I've only done dialysis in the hospital and of course we did it every day no matter what.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes hospitals are there and on duty no matter what and I am very glad they are. But our hospitals do close their different areas for holidays. Like the chemo suites and infusion center are closed for instance and some parts are on skeleton staffing like the labs. Just using the bare minimum of people to do the job with some on call in case of emergencies. I have learned a lot of how hospitals work in the last year or so. It is all interesting and I have made friends of some of the staff. John loves going and seeing all of his friends and that is a good thing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning,
I too was up early but not moving to fast... achy this morning- (Nana is getting a couple pieces of Merme's bacon) ummmmmmm.... that will hold me over till I make some of my own here... we are warm today which is really nice... 55 today and no snow (should be sorry we aren't getting it as we need it but I prefer it in the mtns)
Mom is up and today is the day she has to take the pill that makes her wait and hour before anymore pills or good- then the second take and wait pill... then finally food- so I try not to eat in front of her till she can... will do her shower today too and then I have to do a mountain of laundry- how do 3 people get a mountain of laundry? Hint one of them got a new computer to set up and ignored it.....LOL!
Hubby is off tomorrow so we will take down the Christmas stuff then-- and put house back together too... Carrie is off so no boys for us either- may try and take Timothy to see the movie tomorrow too.. Desepereaux, he asked if I would take him when it came out...
Well off to empty the dishwasher and get the laundry together and sorted- really need to get that done up today for sure.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I like to sleep late sometimes. Always have. I had a neighbor once who couldn't stand it. She thought everyone should get up when she got up and would wake her family. I thought that a little strange. Is she a control freak or what?

I have like 32 loads of laundry. Those of you with a bunch of children must have at least a million.

Ditchy, you need to stop running around outside in the dark when your home alone.

LOL Sheri, Cause a run away top to a chimney might hit me??
I am totally independant. If I did not do it no one would. I appreciate your caring. WE live out in the middle of no where, One of the reasons we had the house wired for the generator. in 04 we had a horrific Ice storm in Feb, and were without power for 5 days. I nearly lost my mind. All I did was nap and stoke the wood stove. Temps at that time were in the single figures. That spring we got a 65 hundred BTU Generator and had the house wired. It is in the Garage so its not too loud cause it sits away from the house. IT runs the whole house, Furnace, Water heater, well pump. Tv Lights Internet, Fridge. I dont leave things on cause heating elements like Coffee pots really drag on it. I make the coffee, shut it off and put the hot coffee in a thermos.
I said many thankyou prayers this AM. I feel like I was being watched over. CAuse I tell you we dont have the best of luck, Murphy lives at our house. rolz I am thamkful to have internet to chat with you ladies! kissie

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I also have a generator that will run the house in an emergency, Kim. (It would actually run several). And the house is wired for it, actually just a switch from our own to the company electricity. Doesn't it give you peace of mind to have that on hand? Ours was free though from a hospital that stored emergency gear from WW11 civil defense. And it is not in a garage so it is quite loud. And the spark arresters on our one stove blows off constantly. It is hard to find one the exact size. So I can feel for you. But I don't live in snow country for the most part so our roof isn't as peaked and I can climb up and reset it. It is all banged up and tweaked a bit too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
You are welcome to as much bacon as you please!

If you said that to me... you would be bankrupted grin

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good morning! wavy

We had an egg casserole and sausage for breakfast. And now James is eating a brownie. lol

What is everyone up to today? I am trying to decide if I should go shopping or not.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am moving along.
I have two of three wood boxes full and some cooking going on for John. I have the family laundry finished for the moment so I am working on cleaning and folding clothing for the community center. Dishes are soaking and waiting for me to warm my hands after I fill the last wood box. Trash is out and the dog is a happy camper because his best friend of the moment is here visiting. When next John gets up I will change his bedding.
Jonni wants to go out computer shopping and we may just do that in a while. I am seriously thinking a nap may just be in order this afternoon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
A nap sounds like a good idea Tina.

I have some cleaning I would like to get done here before I go back to work tomorrow but shopping sounds better. lol I have to pick Tristen up from grandma and grandpa's so figured I may as well shop while I am out. Might find some good deals.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Hi-dee, all. since I laid around all day yesterday I'm catching up on some laundry and cleaning today.
we went out and did a bit of shopping this morning and still need to get some groceries, but I think the groceries are gonna have to wait. it is cold and rainy here today.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, my wood is in and my hands are warmed in the dishwater. Cooking is done and John has lunch and dinner ready for him. Laundry is on hold. I am going to go gas up my van and haul Jonni around looking at laptops. It would be nice to find something to please us both today but more important to educate ourselves on the whole experience.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I am moving along.
I have two of three wood boxes full and some cooking going on for John. I have the family laundry finished for the moment so I am working on cleaning and folding clothing for the community center. Dishes are soaking and waiting for me to warm my hands after I fill the last wood box. Trash is out and the dog is a happy camper because his best friend of the moment is here visiting. When next John gets up I will change his bedding.
Jonni wants to go out computer shopping and we may just do that in a while. I am seriously thinking a nap may just be in order this afternoon.

Is that what they are called? Spark arresters! LEarn something new every day!
Man you are a busy lady today! Makes me feel utterly lazy today. But Woo hoo the power came back, so I could shut off the generator. I would have never know it had I not walked down the basement to get something and saw our indicator light on. (We had Electrician install that light, on Power off no power! LOL
WEll This spring is going to be fun yard clean up. You should see all the small branches and sticks all over the yard. And I dont mind a bit! :) If it was not so windy I would do it now. LOL haha

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
We have a gas generator that we will have to drag up to the house if the power goes out and it will only run a few things at a time. We've never used it. Hope we don't have too.

I can not get my laundry caught up.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I can not get my laundry caught up.

me neither! I say we tell everyone to stop taking showers and changing cloths for 3 days so we can get everything washed! tapfoot lol lol

Cricket

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i'm here. sort of. scott and i slept in, then went out for breakfast. he's going to change the oil in my car, then we will probably go out for supper. i'm just icky today though and don't want to move.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
that's how I felt yesterday jiff. just icky. and I hate laying around even when I am icky. today I'm making up for it.
I'm driving my family crazy cause they are all tring to watch movies and play video games and I am under their noses picking up and cleaning up.
I hate it that I just can't sit still sometimes.

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, we are home. A lot poorer but Jonni is setting up her computer now. I do wish she would read the directions.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Well, we are home. A lot poorer but Jonni is setting up her computer now.

so what kind did you get her?? I'm surprised she came home with it the same day,, I guess it all depends where you get it But,, Best Buy set it up for me and got it all ready to go, and made me back up disc's. I bought it in the late afternoon and had to pick it up the next morning,, ,, Did it already have back up disc's and all set up and ready? Cool if it was,,, cuz I would have never figured it out zoink ,, it would have been screwed up for sure If I had to set it up ,, Instructions or not,, ,, shock lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup i'm glad she got her computer! and i'm glad she'll be off your's lol

so, inquiring minds do want to know, what did she end up with?

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
instructions are only for when you can't figure it out yourself!

so is she up and running yet?

Cricket

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
instructions are only for when you can't figure it out yourself!

No Not particularly, nono ,,,, ,, Instructions are written for a purpose so it gets done right,, ,,, the first time, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
thumbup i'm glad she got her computer! and i'm glad she'll be off your's lol

so, inquiring minds do want to know, what did she end up with?

Yea, inquiring minds wanna know. thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
She got a Dell Studio. It has the core 2 duo that I was wanting and a larger battery. She is frustrated because she doesn't want to take the time to read how to use it. Not even to use help. And she can't get the game on that she bought today, Simms 2. I am frustrated with the lack of info with everything as well. They expect you to be a computer expert before you buy these days. My Dell took me straight into a tutorial. (hers may have too and she might have exited it)
And we have a nifty little external hard drive that tells you how to plug it in and absolutely nothing else. Does that come with a tutorial when you do? I hope so. Because I haven't a clue.
I will look at it when she is done crying over it. She has always wanted instant gratification. I would have thought she would have learned by now. Practice, practice, practice; whether it is roller skates or high tech stuff.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And we did buy at Best Buy and it was set up with most of the features she wanted except fingerprint security. But we discussed that on the way down and she had changed her mind. She had visions of it not working (breaking) and not being able to access her own computer. How frustrating would that be? She does learn some things from me. Because I don't like a lot of extra features on things just because they are jazzy. Those are the things that break and cost a fortune to repair.
I am just glad that I got the 3 year full service warranty. I am sure she will be needing it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Well, we are home. A lot poorer but Jonni is setting up her computer now. I do wish she would read the directions.

My daughter Ginger never has to read directions either. Some people just know how to do things. She was the one putting together toys and games Christmas. I remember when she was 5 I bought some new curtains for her bedroom. I didn't get in there fast enough to suit her and when I did go in she had the little step ladder and was taking down the old ones herself.

Glad you've got that behind you.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, Jonni would do well to read instructions. She is so frustrated with it she has walked away from it for a while. I sat there and checked it out a bit. But I don't have it in me to figure it all out right now. I got edgy just being in the same room with her frustration. Sometimes I know there is something simple but I am not seeing it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image