Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well his previous owner had a bunch of young grandchildren.....younger, hyper ones....so he is used to kids. He's wonderful with Athena...he's not snippy, or growly or anything. Just the perfect mellow dog.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good, that is always so important to me. Dogs that love kids get a lot of points from me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Can anyone stand one more? Of Mark with the "baby"..... lol He's so totally into the belly rubbing. lol

[Linked Image]

Of course we can stand more,, , grin

Loz Bubba's coat looks like it feels silky,, a friend of mine has a dog of that breed and her coat is sooooo soft and silky she is brite silver in color all over and has the nicest coat really beautiful and very very friendly and well behaved,, You have the perfect sized doggy for you,, luv and it's awesome he has already been around young children,, He can grow up with Athena,, grin .. I'm soooooooo happy for you!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
He is! He's all furry and silky and soft. Like a giant stuffed animal! LOL Of course every 6-8 weeks he has to be professionally groomed...his beard and eyebrows and stuff. But he doesn't shed. That is one of the best things about his breed!

And he doesn't lick either which is good----no slobbery dog here. lol I was reading about Schnauzers and it says that they are very intelligent.

Last night Mark called him up to bed---and of course he loves Mark a lot already so off he went to bed. Well 2 minutes later he came back down. I was down here making my lasagna late last night and we figured out that he wouldn't go to bed until I went up to bed too. He just stood in the kitchen watching me.....as soon as I finished up he went up too. Like a little watch dog. lol It was so cute.

Thank you for being happy for me, you know how LONG I've wanted my own doggy. And to tell you the truth Mark just LOVES him. As you can tell by that picture. lol

Here he was last night using my foot as a pillow. lol

[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Loz, When you take him for grooming, watch what they do. Most of it can be done at home so much cheaper. It is an easy matter of a haircut, bath and a brushing usually. Then nail trimming when needed. So if he sits for them he should sit for you pretty well for that hair cut. I just bought the pedi-care thingy for Butt. I haven't used it yet. We will see how it goes. But grooming your puppy shouldn't be that hard. And think of the $ you would save.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Yes, I would like to try it myself if I knew how to do it right. thumbup It's his beard and such that I'm uncertain of.....I'll have to see if I can go in and watch them do it next time.

How often is best to wash your dog? I didn't wash mine when I was younger---that was my parents job and I never really paid attention to how often they bathed him.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, when they smell is a clue.
I really do mean that too. A dog who is indoors and brushed doesn't need it as often as an outdoor dog. And use a basic flea-type shampoo and you should be good to go. Get a dent-a-bone type chewy for him and you won't have as many expensive dental problems.
I just heard Jonni telling John that I got the Pedi-Care tool for Butt. Only she called it a Pedi-FILE. Too funny. That is going to be what it is called around here for ever more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
loz--about how often to bath----in the beginning we bathed Dante once a week--but that was too often---his hair got dried out and frizzy and his skin became dry----I would go with the smelly thing like tina advised, but no more than once a month----didn't I read that he had to be groomed every 6-8 weeks---I would think that would do for baths as well---as long as he didn't "get into something"---then an extra bath would be called for-----

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Yes, I would like to try it myself if I knew how to do it right. thumbup It's his beard and such that I'm uncertain of.....I'll have to see if I can go in and watch them do it next time.

How often is best to wash your dog? I didn't wash mine when I was younger---that was my parents job and I never really paid attention to how often they bathed him.

He's a great looking dog. I reckon his beard could be done in kind of Johnny Depp style with maybe a couple of ponytails. That would be sensational! Schnauzers of the Caribbean!

Eternity
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
haha That's too funny Stevie. thumbup

Thanks Tina and Carol.....I don't remember when mom bathed Scamp, but I was a teen then and in school so it was probably when I wasn't home.

Pedi-file? haha That is classic. Is that what's on that infommercial? That you just put on their nails and it files them without actually cutting them? I wondered how that was.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by jonni13
Loz, When you take him for grooming, watch what they do. Most of it can be done at home so much cheaper. It is an easy matter of a haircut, bath and a brushing usually. Then nail trimming when needed. So if he sits for them he should sit for you pretty well for that hair cut. I just bought the pedi-care thingy for Butt. I haven't used it yet. We will see how it goes. But grooming your puppy shouldn't be that hard. And think of the $ you would save.

Let me know how the pedi-care thing works. I thought about getting one. I am always afraid of cutting Libby's nails too short. She has black nails so it is hard to see how far back to cut. If it works good I will get one too.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Bubba looks like a very happy puppy, Loz! I am so glad that he has taken so well to all of you. Even better that Mark really likes him!! I'm really happy for you that you were finally able to get a dog. He will keep you company when Mark is gone. thumbup

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I got the pedi-care (pedi-file) after reading great reviews of it on a pet site. But I have not used it yet. Butt hates getting his nails cut and acts like you're killing him. He has ripped off several over the years, painfully, because he is an extremely active dog. I was hoping this would help. But I got it home and don't have the right batteries for it yet. And keep forgetting.....
I will write my reviews here when I do use it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'd like to know for sure. thumbup Bubba is very patient when I brush him, he even rolls over so I can do his belly too of course. lol

Thanks Jess. I'm still in awe of my smart, little doggy. He's so intelligent. I got up early this morning because I missed him and wanted to pet him. lol

Now it takes a lot for me to get up so early, so you know it's love. :ding:

500 Posts
500 Posts
Sometimes one of our cats gets my wife up at 5am, but it's not love; it's more like- I'll get up and feed you so you'll stop purring in my face snooz!! The cat doesn't do it to me, because she knows she'll be put outside straight away!

Eternity
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by loz
I'd like to know for sure. thumbup Bubba is very patient when I brush him, he even rolls over so I can do his belly too of course. lol

Thanks Jess. I'm still in awe of my smart, little doggy. He's so intelligent. I got up early this morning because I missed him and wanted to pet him. lol

Now it takes a lot for me to get up so early, so you know it's love. :ding:

haha haha It must be love!!

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
LOz

That should break up the winter blahs for you.

Probably just cut the hair same length all over.

thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I think it is love all around. He was scared sleeping in his bedroom last night because it was windy and the shutters were rattling. Well Mark opened our door and he was there sitting.....so Mark carried his bed in to our room. lol

Barb, he is the best entertainment for the winter.....so funny to watch him.

I don't think I can cut his hair the same length though. He has a special haircut for his beard and eyebrows.......I might take the scissors to his beard though and just trim it a tiny bit.

Last edited by loz; Jan 8th, 2009 at 06:31 AM.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sure you can do it, Loz. A bearded, mustached dog does need some special attention because their face can get so scuzzy with trapped water and food. You might want to keep unscented baby wipes around to wash his face with too. I am always sure that it bothers the dogs to be dirty faced as much as the owners (or more).

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Speaking of that Tina! I bought some baby wipes--unscented---yesterday....I wiped him down with one of them and he was so good. When I did his beard he just turned his head from one side to the other so I could clean him. clap

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Like I said, he would prefer his beard kept cleaned. Wouldn't you? A lot of dog care is common sense and you have plenty of that.
And it is still fun hearing about Bubba so don't stop sharing in between homework bouts, please.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Loz

Make him a lil basket with a soft blanket an stuff toy to sleep some where..
b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
He has 2 sleeping beds and a bunch of stuffed animals and toys. Of course the way I think, new toys are never bad--I'm sure he'll be spoiled. lol I already feel like I have a child because they are everywhere--his toys. lol

I got him a stuffed elephant the other day at Walmart that has super long legs and arms and he just loves it.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
[Linked Image]

Thats the spirit.

You have a wonderful pal for an exciting life.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
thumbup Barb, do you have any indoor pets?

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Loz,

We have an outdoor pet large mix an love it ..

My first dog was a small Terrier Mix and it was a ball with it.
Everyone who visited , wanted to take it home. It played all the time.
My funniest moment was when the garden was about a foot high. The dog would take an empty gallon Jug of (Milk) by the handle and run up and down the rows. All you could see was the jug an it was so funny.

We called it Georgie......No one ever knew it was a girl dog ..LOL we never told till after it died>.

It was given to us in a shoe box , guy hubby worked with .. Just a puppy about 8 inches black and blond.

LOL

Have fun Loz/mark...They love to be chased.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh so you do have a doggy. Do you go out and play with him/her a lot?

Sounds like Georgie had a good life with you Barb. thumbup I bet you missed her so much.

Well we gave Bubba a bath tonight. Interesting that was. He was so scared and then when we got done I yelled to Mark NOOOOOOOOOOO, don't let him go, let me get the towel....but it was too late.

He shook himself.....3 times. lol Yeah, we got a little wet. But he's so clean now and looks great. I mean he LOOKS so much cleaner and shinier.

Sorry if you are sick of this---but he's like my little baby boy.

[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
awwww, what a handsome fellow thumbup and no, i'm not sick of it. not sure i will ever get sick of it. he's cute and your happiness and enthusiasm for him is so good for all of us thumbup

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
[quote=loz]Oh so you do have a doggy. Do you go out and play with him/her a lot?

Sounds like Georgie had a good life with you Barb. thumbup I bet you missed her so much.

Well we gave Bubba a bath tonight. Interesting that was. He was so scared and then when we got done I yelled to Mark NOOOOOOOOOOO, don't let him go, let me get the towel....but it was too late.

He shook himself.....3 times. lol Yeah, we got a little wet. But he's so clean now and looks great. I mean he LOOKS so much cleaner and shinier.

Sorry if you are sick of this---but he's like my little baby boy.

[Linked Image] [/quote
]
Loz,

Wow the world of difference, in how Bubba looks.....Looks neat and well manicured now.

We like puppy stories..........

yes we like goofing off with ours. Dogs are fun......Cats are HO HUM......
my opinion.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Thanks Jiffy, because I can't imagine getting tired of posting about Bubba. I honestly could just play with him ALL day long and never be bored. clap

Barb, isn't it a big change? I looked at the first pictures of him I posted and he looked all scruffy compared to the way he looks now. rose said she bathed him every week, which is way too much. But she said it had been a while since his last bath.

There was also some pet spray that makes them smell good that you spray right on them and now he smells great.

BTW, I'm not a cat person---nothing against them, my granny loved cats and had many. It's just that I like dogs better. :ding:

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Loz

That is what I mean...

All bubba needed was a nice bath.......

Silky now an ready for a commercial.. Before?after.

Dogs know when people like them.. They also know when people dont like them..

Good job.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
No, I am not tired of hearing about Bubba or of seeing your pictures either. He is a sweet looking dog. And I am thoroughly enjoying your enjoyment.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Oh he looks so nice and clean after his bath! Not sick of it at all!! Keeping posting about Bubba!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yep Loz--Bubba looks great--and nope I am not tired of hearing about him either---and I LOVE pictures..... grin

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Give it a few months and I'm sure you'll be sick of it eventually. lol

Bubba playing in flowers, Bubba eating, Bubba napping, Bubba taking a bath, Bubba on a ride, get the picture? lol

Then again I don't get tired of pet pictures. Like I could look at sweet little Emmy all day. And Shadow, and everyone's pets. I even love seeing Lynne's cats and I don't really like cats.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, we are not tired of it, Loz. So keep it coming in between homework bouts.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
why well, where are they? tapfoot
Originally Posted by loz
...Bubba playing in flowers, Bubba eating, Bubba napping, Bubba taking a bath, Bubba on a ride, ...

i'm waiting! lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
why well, where are they? tapfoot
Originally Posted by loz
...Bubba playing in flowers, Bubba eating, Bubba napping, Bubba taking a bath, Bubba on a ride, ...

i'm waiting! lol

I actually waiting for a second to see the pics show up too. lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'm uploading a private video clip on youtube......lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
I'm uploading a private video clip on youtube......lol
tapfoot how long do we have to wait?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,927
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image