Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks Dave! kissie

Right now I'm downing some lemon/lime flavored airborne - don't have any of the other stuff you mentioned - only exedrin and advil. But I'll keep it in mind for whenever I can get out of this house next - weather permitting.

I keep hearing an animal cry outside, but can't see it - poor baby.
It's not our new feral cat Butterscotch - at least I hope not. He's been attacked by a newer black tuxedo feral cat this past week, while he's rested in the cathouse. I have to chase the black one off our deck, but they are not here and I can't see either of them right now.

So what's growing there these days, Dave?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Moss in the shadows, cobwebs...
actually, we've had many very pleasant days, so I've been TRYING to get my beds ready for tomatoes and any and all the other crops I can manage.

dave
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
dave, darlin' you can just hit the button labeled reply but it looks like 4 reply. and viola' your grimlins are there kissie

and if i get through pages 2,3, and 4 and you've been told that, well, you haven't been by momma mouse until now! lol lol

and i have my own house full of narcotics and speed, so i'm good to go thumbup

Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Butterscotch...
I love that name, consider it stolen. You'll have to find a new name for him now! We can't resist when someone offers us yellow kitties, we have three for the house, plus a calico, plus one at wife's mom's right next door whose really butterscotch colored, plus her mom's siamese, plus our 2 feral cats, one of which looks like a siamese, plus one even MORE feral cat who sooo wants to be petted but only holds still for about 5 seconds...
we love our kitties, :ding:

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
dave, darlin' you can just hit the button labeled reply but it looks like 4 reply. and viola' your grimlins are there kissie

and if i get through pages 2,3, and 4 and you've been told that, well, you haven't been by momma mouse until now! lol lol

and i have my own house full of narcotics and speed, so i'm good to go thumbup

Awe, I'm so glad you're hear, especially still here, I 'cause reading the rest of my posts ran off some folk. I didn't mean to do that.

dave
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by peppereater
Butterscotch...
I love that name, consider it stolen. You'll have to find a new name for him now! we love our kitties, :ding:

We love ours too, Dave! All 5 indoors, and the ones that find us outside.
Unfortunately, we've lost 2 feral ones this past year, but I'm glad that at least one more friendly one has found us. My family didn't like the name Butterscotch, but I saw him first and that IS his name. My son calls him "Butters" after some cartoon character that I don't know? My husband calls him "Butterbrain" because he simply cannot EVER call a cat by the right name!

Our black cat, Salem, is called "Weenie" because he says she looks like a Halloween cat! He is nutso - my husband that is! touched

Soooooooooooo... who has something good to eat at this party? why
I'm starting to get my appetite back!!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
party...party...party...party...
Okay, I know what always works, FOOD.
Merme would like some nice chamomile tea, but I don't care, I like oolong or jasmine, yeah, oolong lapsang, piping hot, with a little squeeze of lemon juice and an orange peel, one sugar cube...oolong is too subtle to use honey...
AHHHH NOOO!
I got my mouth watering, and that got my tummy grumbling, i've got to get a snack...might as well just cook a meal, can't seem to get a big crowd gathered!

dave
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie darlin' i don't think you ran them off... they've just never experienced a good old fashioned weekend coffeehouse! i'm not typing so much today, but i'm here cheering you on!

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Well I was also going to say that you didn't run anyone off - most weekends here for a long time have been sooooooooooo quiet you could hear a pin drop!!!

BORING BORING BORING!!!

I'm so glad you popped in to liven up the place!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hey Dave - wanna send some of the "many pleasant days" over here???
Prettttttttttttttttttttty please??? I'm not much of a snow lover anymore - don't get me wrong - it does look oh-so-pretty to look out at it once everyone is safe and sound and where they belong... but it's the other part that I don't care for anymore.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
HAHAHAHA! Brilliant minds think alike, too bad I've lost mine, we both thought of food at the same time.
Yeah, I remember weenie now.
If you're letting your son watch that show where there's a character named Butter's, I'm calling child welfare, you're obviously an unfit mother! That would be one of my favorite cartoons which shall remain un-named here, as it's sacrelige to say SOUTHPARK in the presence of gentle people, uhhhhhhh....oops.

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
kissie darlin' i don't think you ran them off... they've just never experienced a good old fashioned weekend coffeehouse! i'm not typing so much today, but i'm here cheering you on!

Well now, Merme did, I think she thinks I'm crazy/on drugs!
Who told her that? why uhuhh notme

dave
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
ah, she'll be back, she can't stay away for long.

Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Prettttttttttttttttttttty please??? I'm not much of a snow lover anymore - don't get me wrong - it does look oh-so-pretty to look out at it once everyone is safe and sound and where they belong... but it's the other part that I don't care for anymore.

I'll have to get right with Him before I can put in that request, that could take a while. I think you might want to resolve yourself to a long, cold winter!
Nah, I'm alright by Him. angel

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts

I'll have to get right with Him before I can put in that request, that could take a while. I think you might want to resolve yourself to a long, cold winter!
Nah, I'm alright by Him. angel

For now. prayers thumbup

dave
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
and i see you found the full reply form! thumbup kissie

Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Any other requests while I'm at it?

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts

The which?
I'm a little slow...I'd better get another cuppa,...unless you can part with some of that speed! clap

dave
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
HAHAHAHA! Brilliant minds think alike, too bad I've lost mine, we both thought of food at the same time.
If you're letting your son watch that show where there's a character named Butter's, I'm calling child welfare, you're obviously an unfit mother! That would be one of my favorite cartoons which shall remain un-named here, as it's sacrelige to say SOUTHPARK in the presence of gentle people, uhhhhhhh....oops.

Uhhhhhhhhhh - Dave - my son will be 26 in April - me thinks he's a bit too old to keep him from watching ANYTHING, ya know???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts

The which?
I'm a little slow...I'd better get another cuppa,...unless you can part with some of that speed! clap

Don't suppose someone would pour that cuppa for me, I'm kinda busy at the moment.

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts

Uhhhhhhhhhh - Dave - my son will be 26 in April - me thinks he's a bit too old to keep him from watching ANYTHING, ya know???

That happens if you're not vigilant. It's never too late to call Child Services, is it? What's that number? neenee

dave
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
...That happens if you're not vigilant. It's never too late to call Child Services, is it? What's that number? neenee
that's what my 21 yr old says every time i kick him out lol lol lol but he's got a secret rubber band attached and keeps coming back lol

Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Truth be told, I quit drinking in October. I have something to drink on three occasions since, 2 beers one shot on New Yr, 2 shots while watching my beloved Okie Sooners lose the college Nationa Football Championship. I can't remember what the other occasion was. notme
Maybe I should stop drinking, maybe I'd remember! Oh, I remember now, I did stop! Except on that one occasion I can't remember, and I forget what the other occasions were. Well, I'll think of one, and then I can have a drink. touched shots

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
...That happens if you're not vigilant. It's never too late to call Child Services, is it? What's that number? neenee
that's what my 21 yr old says every time i kick him

I always knew you were abusive! neener I'm calling child protective services.

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Hey, why's it doing that? Sometimes it's in a box, sometimes it's not...are you seeing what I'm seeing? whoa...

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
So Lynne, I forget. I mean, I don't recall, you posted pictures of you (sexy) and your daughter (sexy) one time, I forget, was she getting married in those pics, or was it graduation? I was thinking marriage.
Where's Loz? (sexy)

dave
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Well... my son was supposed to move in with his girlfriend of 6 years, once he got a job in the area she wanted to move to in Penn. Unfortunately with this economy, he was having a very tough time of it, and didn't get a job fast enough for her, so she broke up with him the week before Thanksgiving.

He didn't feel very thankful this year...

And the amazing thing - he got a temporary job the Monday after Thanksgiving closer to where we live. Think someone was trying to tell him something???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
...and where's Cindy (sex crazed)

dave
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
WOW Dave - VERY good memory - sorta! neenee

It was from her Bat Mitzvah - so hands off!!! uhuhh
Youuuuuuuuuuu whoooooooooooooo CPS!!!

That was 5 years ago, and she's now a freshman at NYU having the time of her life in NYC and NOT doing so much schoolwork anymore unfortunately...! uhuhh

So tell us about your personal life a bit, Dave?
Now that Jiffy and I are sharing! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
lol dave, you and thorny are taking the tie for nuts... being a nut.

lynne, yes, i think someone was trying to tell brian something. i'm glad it worked out like it did. much better than something "bad" happening.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wow, has it been 5 years since amy's bat mitzvah? yikes they do grow up when you aren't looking.

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks Jiffy - his ex was never a favorite of mine - we mearly tolerated each other for his sake. But 6 years is a long time - since they were freshman in college, so this is all new to him and of course more than a bit depressing. He is moving on though, and hopefully will find someone better suited to him.

As for Amy... She is also trying to "find" herself, and it's a bumpy ride for sure.

Whoever said motherhood was easy???

OK... now that we've hashed that... let's get back to partying!

Where's that food already Dave??? I'm starving!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
One of the benefits to John's illness has been a fast growing up daughter. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive the last couple of years (or if she would).
But she did some grow-up quickly and cleanly lately. And is someone I can rely on now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
WOW Dave - VERY good memory - sorta! neenee

It was from her Bat Mitzvah - so hands off!!! uhuhh
Youuuuuuuuuuu whoooooooooooooo CPS!!!
That was 5 years ago, and she's now a freshman at NYU having the time of her life in NYC and NOT doing so much schoolwork anymore unfortunately...! uhuhh

So tell us about your personal life a bit, Dave?
Now that Jiffy and I are sharing! thumbup

Well, to begin with, it's personal, obviously. So let me spill all. Did I mention I quit drinking?
Yeah, I have had some ups and downs, not the pills, the life stuff, since I was a regular here. My marriage is wonderful, although my wife could easily have been less patient with me.
I'm working on our place, the house and the rest of it, full time now, life couldn't be better, especially considering I don't have a job (although what guy wouldn't see it that way?!!!)
I'm working hard around here, trying to carve out a little piece of paradiise, and trying to coax a few pretty things and tasty things to grow.
'sbout it. How bout you? Havent seen y'all in a while!
(ignore me.)

dave
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
food? did someone say food? i just finished the last of the spaghetti. so i'm full. but i have chocolate cheese cake i'll share.

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Why would we want to do that???

As for me... We were supposed to be empty nesters this year, what with Amy going off to college, but Brian moved back home the end of June - for "about 5 weeks only" or so he said...

I am still not employed - haven't found myself yet either! But I keep very busy either knitting, or now making beaded jewelry. It's fun, but very expensive, and is also doing a job on my elbow joints for some reason - they are so painful that I can barely lift a glass to take a drink anymore. Nooooooo - not that kind of drink - never was much for that...

I tell you... my grandmother, who passed away at 99 and 10 months was right...

"FEH... it's not good getting old!"

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Oooooooooooooooooooh - chocalote cheesecake!!! Where's my fork???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
...My marriage is wonderful, although my wife could easily have been less patient with me...
dave, most spouses are more patient than they "could" be. my husband and i were talking about that very thing a few days ago! lol lol

we decided he got better, i got worse, he got sick, i got health, and we both got poorer! haha haha

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
lynne, i'm sliding the piece of cake down the bar to you right now!

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
food? but i have chocolate cheese cake i'll share.

My quandry now. Nap or bake? Bake or nap?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image