Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Loz--so glad that you have your water back on, and my thoughts will be with Mark as well as Valarie----yes it is bad to be laid off---I heard from one of the financil advisors that is on the TV, that this is a time when whole family systems are going to have pull together to get thru

and about Beowulf---he may not be in good shape, but he will not lie still and I had to look around a bit to even see it. but then it may be finally stopping to bleed & such-- Dr. is doing surgery, so I cannot get in to see him unitl 12:45.---
I do not know the mileage but it takes about 20-25 minutes to get there, jess.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I hope Valarie is able to find a teaching job for next year. It is so sad to see all the lay offs!

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
If worse comes to worse Mark will go back to roofing. But he hates it, but it pays good money for here. A lot more than he makes now.

We looked into buying a house with a well years ago but I was so put off by the thought of a well.....water softener, and all that. And water pressure wasn't fantastic, and what if the well did run dry eventually? I worry too much. lol

I'm still half asleep this morning. They are saying 2-4 inches of snow tonight. I hope so! grin I WANT snow.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. The weather issues across the country are dominating our morning news too. Everyone be careful. From where I sit it looks like the problems on the roads are not as much the blizzard conditions but ice. Why temp fate by being out unless it is a true emergency.
Going to break a couple of short term records with our weather today too. Supposed to be high 80's.
I slept in a little. And I have no idea if Ted slept at all. He was still awake when I went to bed and was wide awake when I got up. But he is such a good kid. I guess I'll find out today if he zonks. I hope he hasn't messed up his sleep schedule too much.
No news on John this morning yet so that is good news.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It was on our news this morning about how warm it is in CA. I think they are just trying to rub it into us!! haha

We have a water softener Loz, but most people have them in town here too. Our water really isn't too bad for well water. We also have filter system under our kitchen sink for drinking water. We have good water pressure with our well but I'm sure some people have trouble with that. Some wells do run dry eventually and you have to dig a new one. For us, it was a small trade off for being able to live in the country. I wouldn't give it up for the world! It is nice to be able to go out in my pj's in the summer and no one else sees me. lol

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Hi Kim. I was wondering if you were snowed in up there. Cold enough for you?

Snow has not been too bad in the last few weeks. But now we are slammed with arctic air it was 4 when I woke up, now its a whopping 9. shock

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

Tina, how does John feel about this back and forth stuff?

I am just not sure of what you are asking? He has loved going to the hospital at least weekly to get his blood tests and transfusions if he needs them, dressing change for his picc line and procrit shots and things. He loves the people we need to deal with. He calls them his other family. And they love him too. Several from the oncology department have been to see him and are making sure the current nurses know he is one of the good ones.
Going to the hospital yesterday was completely his choice. One more shot at being somewhat normal or what has become normal for him.
John has put up an awesome fight against his cancer and is 5 months to the good now. But he won't be with us for much longer.
Do you mean my leaving him and coming back home? If I lived there he would fret about what was happening in his domain here. (and so would I). Trying to keep an even a lifestyle as possible for him and the kids.
But today, I let the kids stay home. I don't know what the day will bring and don't want to be hung up driving Ted to and from school if I am needed. And I wanted Jonni here to babysit Ted if needed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I just heard from John but he has no new news to report. So I guess I will go to work and see him on the way home and maybe we will know more by then. He is feeling much better though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Tina - I am so glad that John is feeling much better today. I hope you all get to spend much quality time together during this difficult time.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina I am so glad that John is feeling better as well--and you going to work tells the kids that you feel safe with going on with your daily life--that should help them immensely---. :wink: kissie

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I stopped to see John. I will be going to break him out of there this afternoon. He won't be coming home a completely new man but he will be tipping the scales a little more towards alive than he was yesterday. And that is a very good thing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Originally Posted by Bestofour

Tina, how does John feel about this back and forth stuff?

I am just not sure of what you are asking? He has loved going to the hospital at least weekly to get his blood tests and transfusions if he needs them, dressing change for his picc line and procrit shots and things. He loves the people we need to deal with. He calls them his other family. And they love him too. Several from the oncology department have been to see him and are making sure the current nurses know he is one of the good ones.
Going to the hospital yesterday was completely his choice. One more shot at being somewhat normal or what has become normal for him.
John has put up an awesome fight against his cancer and is 5 months to the good now. But he won't be with us for much longer.
Do you mean my leaving him and coming back home? If I lived there he would fret about what was happening in his domain here. (and so would I). Trying to keep an even a lifestyle as possible for him and the kids.
But today, I let the kids stay home. I don't know what the day will bring and don't want to be hung up driving Ted to and from school if I am needed. And I wanted Jonni here to babysit Ted if needed.

I was asking about the feeling half way decent then feeling so bad again. When Johnny was sick he hated that one day he felt pretty good and he would get his hopes up about doing things then it would change in a second and he would feel horrible again. I think that's what got him depressed - the back and forth of it all.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes the back and forth does get to you. He has had no hopes of recovery from day one though. And he has watched his parents and his little sister go through this process. He knew a lot of what he had to look forward to. But he so enjoys the gooder days. He says he has good days and gooder days. Good days are waking up ones. Gooder is feeling able to do something with his day. He is doing well for a dead man. That is what I tell everyone. His Dr and nurses are surprised he is still here. And that he is still able to walk through the house to the bathroom. He is doing very well. But it won't be for that much longer. And we are all aware of it. Well, maybe not Ted too much aware.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I didn't realize his disease is a familial thing. I don't know if it's good or bad that he knows what to expect. You see like you're holding on. We're glad you're posting with us.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, being with my online friends is helping me a lot. Thank you all.
Having seen his family was why he began this process not wanting chemo or radiation. He really felt it decreased the quality of life too much. Well, the medical community has improved it much since his parents time. And when his little sister died a few years ago she couldn't tolerate the treatments so she quit them.
But his Dr talked him into it gently and John tolerated a lot more than even his Dr thought he would. And it helped a lot to keep him at a higher level and in less pain than he could have been. John is grateful.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
is there a lot of pain?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
There was and the morphine wasn't handling it. But the chemo and radiation did a job on the biggest tumor on his spine and he is much more comfortable.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
so the pain was worse when he wasn't taking treatment? I'm glad he took the treatment then.

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
wow wow I got to bragg on my baby, she got AB honor roll and today she brought home a note says she should be reading at 77 words per minute, she reads 126 words per minute, I am so proud of her and she has worked so hard in her math and brought home a 100 in that on 8 times tables thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Very good Belinda. We love hearing kids success stories here. Sounds like you have a reader on your hands and that is a good thing.
*******~~100 posts and closed~~**********

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,924
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image