Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My visiting nurse was just here and the plumber is supposed to be on his way. I leave in 40 minutes, so I hope he shows up!

We have rain and cold today, so the parakeets are quiet.

I hope y'all have a good day and I will be back after dialysis.

Maxi comes tonight but will be delayed because he is working at the school dance, selling the snacks.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning ,,,
It's a quiet day so far for me- Joe's boss called yesterday and wanted to know if he could work today - he was on a vacation day so technically he wasn't supposed to ask him... actually had a co worker call and ask Joe to call him back if he would work- Joe told him only if he could take the vacations days as differently designated days so he would get time and a half for today- they said fine so now he has 2 more days to use before the end of April from last yr's days... they are doing another big layoff so they will be even more shorthanded in the near future.
I get the boys this afternoon... supposed to be nice today and then snow after midnight tonight... at least they can play outside for this afternoon....
I will be doing laundry in a while and getting some house stuff done-
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
it's been a busy morning at my good school. It's stopped raining but the wind is blowing something fierce. I'm so glad Johnny mowed the grass the other night. It will be too wet for several days to come. I won't be able to get in the garden area either.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
REJOICE!

flwr April Showers Bring May flowers flwr

kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
good thought Merme.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
april showers and huricane force winds have FINALLY moved out around here! I plan on working in the garden tomorrow. It's a mess out there. much to do!

where is every one tonight?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody!

We are overcast today and having intermittant rain but it is far warmer than it has been. YAY!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Warmer is nicer. I hope your spring rains are gentle ones, Merme.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm just a little concerned about tomorrow's Procession to the church for the Palm Sunday Mass.

EVERYBODY walks in it... the priests, deacons, acolytes, chalicers, choir, -- the entire congregation! -- gathers at a monument square a few blocks from the cathedral and we all process together, carrying the palms & singing an anthem.

I hope the weather holds for us!

Easter season can be tempestuous here in Maine. It took me the longest time after I moved here to remember that Easter ISN'T a day for a spring dress & bonnet! lol (I got frostbite the first few seasons here!) I'm telling ya, an Easter Dress looks funny under a parka with mittens! haha

Last night I gave Maxi his Outlaw Star DVD. ohmygoodness, the kid was overwhelmed with joy. He was downright speechless for a few minutes, blinking back the tears.

So of course, we put the first disc right into the player and stayed up very late into the night watching one episode after another, remembering when we used to watch this and enjoying the story & characters all over again.

This morning it was all he could talk about and I actually woke up to the sound of the Japanese theme song, knowing he had it on again!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
geez where IS everybody today?! why

I am feeling much better! I ate a small potatoe and it stayed down! YAY!

I took a little nap and woke up feeling frisky! YAY!

I might try my first cup of coffee in several days. YAY!

Merme *cheers*

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i just got home from work. i don't have to work on weekends often, so i don't mind when it is "my turn" but i sure am tired today.

today, we had "admitted students" day. so all the early admission's seniors, and all the transfers who had their decision could come do all their "stuff" to get things squared away ahead of time.

it was good for the students, sort of, but was a zoo for us. between students and parents/companions they were expecting about 1600 people. if i said once "you can complete this step from home if you prefer" once, i said it 500 times. and the other phrase i repeated over and over was "your priority date is based on your payment date, not the day you input the preference information"

i was hoarse before i got halfway through the day lol

and, merme, clap i'm glad you are cheering today thumbup

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Next time you need to leave the hoarse at work, Jiffy. And any little froggies too.
I have internet issues. They have called me 3 times while I was trying to nap and told me the issues were repaired from an outer location. Well, then why is my light blinking instead of steady burning? When I did wake on my own it was still blinking. I just don't know how long it will stick for me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Merme, it feels good to give someone a gift that they really enjoy. I'm glad Maxi loves it.

I know what you mean about Easter dress. People around here will show up in their new Easter outfit even though it will be cold. We gather outside at 6:00AM at the cross and women will be out there shivering in their sleeveless clothes and sandals. Not me.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Teddy has a birthday coming up in a month. I am stretching my brain around what he may like. He will be 15. That is my baby growing up. I guess I need to shop in my spare time. Now I need to dig up some spare time somewhere.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I have no suggustions for a 15 yr old. I barely know what to do with my 12 year old (that THINKS he's 16)
I got a call around 2:30 this afternoon from a friend that lives 3 minutes from here. she had a garage sale today and was 'finishing up'. she said come get what ever you want. she was tired and didn't want to put up all that left over stuff. So for FREE, I got a vegetable steamer, about 15 placemates, 10 movies, 6 gardening books, brand new comforter with pillow cases ext, and a bunch of kitchen odd and ends. I also got some tomatillo seeds from her neighbor. What a great garden she has!
for waking up with a horrible ear ache, this day has turned out okey dokey.

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
merme, that is SO cool maxi enjoyed the movie gift just as/or more than you thought he would. what a great kid! and how wonderful that you know him so well.

You IS a good mommie!

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!

I woke up about 2 AM last night and realized I do NOT have a tummyache any more! I just laid there for a while enjoying it! Then when I got up today, I had a bite of a plum I bought last week and have been saving. It was yummy! Maxi will finish it for me -- that one bite was enough.

Cricket you got a bunch of very cool loot from your friends sale. I especially like the free part!

Tina what are your thoughts so far for Ted's birthday? It would help us come up with ideas if we knew along what lines you are thinking...

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
does Ted like money. That seems to be the most coveted gift around here. Remember Christmas. Darbi's birthday is next week and when I asked what she wants she said money. She wants to go shopping and buy stuff herself. She said she can only think of 1 thing she actually wants other than money and it's The Price Is Right for her Wii and my ex is buying her that. I guess she'll get money from me.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It is a GLORIOUS spring Day here on the coast! We couldn't believe it when we woke up to it!

We just got back from our outing and I will have a photo to post as soon as I unload it.

Yes, I agree, Sheri. Some kids like $$$ best of all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
does Ted like money. That seems to be the most coveted gift around here. Remember Christmas. Darbi's birthday is next week and when I asked what she wants she said money. She wants to go shopping and buy stuff herself. She said she can only think of 1 thing she actually wants other than money and it's The Price Is Right for her Wii and my ex is buying her that. I guess she'll get money from me.

Ted will be 15 but is mentally about 5 years old. He never (rarely) asks for anything. The money he likes best is coins to drop in a slot in Dad's piggy bank. He plays with stuffed animals, small cars and puzzles and loves some videos. We have piles of these around the house pretty literally. He is always so difficult partly because he doesn't have a concept of money. I do need to buy him a new vhs player for his older videos. His broke. But we have half a dozen dvd players around. He doesn't much care about his b-day but has grown to love opening gifts. He is so easy and difficult in the same breathe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tina if Ted like videos, does he have any of himself?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
He does watch the home movie ones sometimes, Merme. But in general he hates cameras. Specially when they are pointed in his direction. But thanks for the thought. I am always looking for something new to pique his interest. I will be continuing this quest for a lifetime, I think.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon all,
I have been cleaning today ... slept most of yesterday ... just the morning but made me feel groggy all day long.
My son's wife mother is in ICU this weekend... she has lung problems and they had to put her in an induced coma to help her heal- she is my age.... or a little younger.... we are all praying she gets better..... hard on them all.
We had snow again last night... just an inch or so and it has already melted away... chilly though.... 30* right now.
Tina if you need a new VHS player you better start looking for one, we looked for one for the boys vidos and took us a while to find one- lot of players for both but not just a tape player...
Well off to put my pork loin in the oven... with some taters and carrots - it will be dimner tonight.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Thank you Nana. I do know. We bought dual VHS/DVD players the last time. He's kind of rough on them. He wears them out. Just like a preschooler (but he can reach more things than most).

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It had been so lovely all day today I was sorry when 3:30 came and the air changed. That is the time of day when the chill sets in, year round. I had to put my sweatshirt jacket on and climb under an afghan. CHILLY! But the taste of real spring was a delight! The best is yet to come!

Nana I'm glad you got some rest yesterday even if it did leave you feeling a bit on the groggy side. You probably just needed even more rest! But I'm telling ya, your pork loin sound YUMMY! I'll be bringing my plate along!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Tonight I am keeping it simple, mostly finger foods. Shrimp and artichokes and an avocado salad.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Finger foods sound great also, Tina! I'll be over your place for my First Course before I head to Nana's for my second! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Guess we will be having company Tina- have extra so come on over Merme....
In relate to Ted wearing out of players- my bil who is autistic and 44 yrs old uses cassete players a lot- he wears them out too... and he only likes to watch black and white tv's they are getting harder to find- we buy them at garage sales and store them for when his give up the ghost,,,,
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I do so hope you saved me some supper, Nana, because I sure am hungry tonight!

It is ridiculously hard to type accurately with a bandaid on the tip of a finger! And I had thought learning how to type with gloves on was bad enough and was quite glad when I was allowed to finally stop wearing them. The bandaid alone feels weird enough, but it is the only finger now without a very long nail so my hands aren't at the correct angle for it. I use the middle finger right hand for many keys, even ones typically covered by other fingers if I am in a hurry.

I think I am going to watch Madagascar. I've never seen it but I've always said that when I run away "next time" I would go there.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, about a year ago Johnny bought a VHS player at Best Buy. If you don't have a store maybe you can pull them up online.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Thank you, Sheri. I picked up the last ones at Best Buy I think. I should have looked for them when I bought Jonni's laptop there a couple months ago. But we didn't need one then. Ted's still worked.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Last week I was amazed to see a nice TURN TABLE for sale at Radio Shack. Only $99, too. I was sorry I no longer owned my records!

I didn't sleep well last night, sleeping as I did on the loveseat because I was afraid of oversleeping and my alarm clock is plugged into an outlet in the living room. Tough to explain why that is and I do need to remedy it soon, but anyway, last night I opted for the sofa near the clock rather than my bed in a different room. TONIGHT I am sleeping in my bed and I know I will automatically wake up at the regular time so it doesn't matter about the clock.

It isn't even late yet and I'm tired!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Safe away home, O palies mine, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am getting ready for a crazy-busy morning. But I should have plenty of rest time this afternoon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everyone ~

A very rough night here last night.

Now I'm off to dialysis but all I want to do is go back to bed.

See you all later!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Nap time. I got Ted off to school. Took John and Jonni both to the dentist for different reasons. Brought them home, grabbed a bite and went back out to pick up Ted. Need a nap now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Yeah, I know your nest!!grin

I'm so glad Brennans going to come visit!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I have another busy day ahead. The expected rain is stalling offshore so I get to work outside today. I like that.
I hope Brennan can come and play today, Cindy. That would be nice for both of you.
Just poured my second cup and then I'm off and running.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I know I haven't been around in a while I've been sick again, I just can't seem to get rid of this, it just keeps hanging on. Making me feel tired and run down when it flares up.

Been out in the yard and the sun as much as possible. Mowed Saturday and hubby haulded dirt in for some of the low spots.

Ashley ran into the side of the house with her go cart (she's OKAY) she ran into the cacti (good thing she could not get the seat blet undone, she'd jumped out right into the cacti.

Also been tending to my mom alot lately, she's hand a lite stroke and can't walk too good now.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Wow Belinda, you have a lot you're dealing with right now. I hope you start to feel better. kissie

It's ummmm, SNOWING here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think someone gave mother nature the wrong message today. lol It shouldn't be snowing. It's just wrong. They said 1-3 but I won't believe that until I see it. Right now it's just flurries.

Going to moms for lunch soon, pork chops today. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.....I know I haven't been really talkative lately. wavy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,945
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image