OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
wavy

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I just know Sheri will be here in the morning with some comment about my "Tricks".

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
oooo.....oooo..... I have a trick! teach
Now you see me, now you don't!
POOF! neener

I'm off to bed, folks. I stayed up later than I wanted. hubby has been complaining about my snoring, so I'm giving him a head start tonight. thumbup

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night Cricket. I'm not long for this any more myself.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hello ,
Been trying to stay awake long enough to take my meds again... 20 minutes to go
Joe went to bed- Mom will be on her way in a few too - I will follow...
We have no kids tomorow so hoping I feel well enough to get something done- did start laundry today...maybe it will get finished tomorrow... better soon or we will all be wearing shorts again and it is not warm at all... they are saying we are getting more snow this week....
Well off to get mom's pills and get her to head to bed.....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Nana. i hope you are back to your busy self tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning!

They had predicted 6 to 8 inches of snow for us last night and it didn't come! YAY!

Today I am off shopping.

And I have GOT to nag my landlord about fixing my kitchen plumbing. I've been waiting two months for him to fix the leak under the sink that only occurs when I run the dishwasher, so I haven't used the dishwasher for two months. Now the kitchen sink is plogged!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can get your sink unplugged today, Merme. And the dishwasher fixed, too. That is much too long to wait.
I slept in a little bit. It felt quite good, too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I just know Sheri will be here in the morning with some comment about my "Tricks".

You've got me confused with Cindy Roscoe.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
No, not confused. I just did a great job of heading you off. lol "Tina" and "Tricks" might have been to much for me to pass up. Well, I guess they were because I couldn't quite let it slide, could I?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I slept in a bit. been doing laundry and dishes. there is much to be done around here today, but I'm really not in the mood.
if that landlord don't get to you soon, he will be in for one angry merme!

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am ALL excited, I really am!

I had a very successful shopping trip for Maxi! Where's Loz when I wanna brag?! lol

I found the behind-the-neck headphones at Radio Shack. He's been hoping for a set like that.

And I went to Bullmoose. I don't know if that is just a local chain or national, but it is a really cool store... skajillions of new & used CD's, DVDs, art, jewelry, collector cards and boxed sets...

I had to order the very funny comedy movie I wanted to buy Maxi. It is from 1966 and they don't keep it in stock. So while I was sitting there, I started thinking of an animated series he had loved with all his heart when he was around 5. In my opinion, it was the BEST series ever made, and I never minded when Maxi wanted to watch it. I noticed Bullmoose carried TV series so I sat there for a while trying and trying to think of the name of the series. I couldn't remember! Though I could recall all the characters and plot and artwork and only "Star" from the title. I wracked my brains and couldn't come up with it!

So I asked the clerk... do you remember the name of an animated series about outer space and the lead character was Gene Starwind? He didn't know it, but he went in the break room and called someone who knew it!

OUTLAW STAR!!!

As it turned out, they had ONE used DVD from that series in the store! I bought it! Maxi is going to be delighted because we were both heartbroken when they cancelled the show. The guy from the store said they could also order the other DVDs in the series at a later time. Maybe for Maxi's birthday!

At the time when Maxi so adored this story, I took a pair of his slacks and embroidered them with a space ship he drew, stars and comets and ad astra per aspera (a rough road leads to the stars) on them. He loved those pants! We were both sorry when he outgrew them.

And because Maxi has really fallen in love with Enya's voice because she sings at the end of the second movie in Lord Of The Rings, I browsed through their used CD's of her albums. I picked two, based on song titles because I do not know any of her music. The titles sound good, at least!

So I think he will be very very pleased!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
wow, merme. sounds like a very productive day of shopping. and what an intersting store! I bet you could spend hours in there.
I'm very restless today. it has been rainy and cloudy so I've been trying to stay in and clean this mess of a house. no fun there! it is in the 50's today. yuk! I've already thawed out from the winter. I really don't want to be out in that 'cold'. but, I'm so stir crazy I think I'll 'bundle up' and go out and mow a bit.

Cricket

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like a great shopping trip for you, Merme.
I have finished my morning. I may want a nap before getting on with my afternoon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
"Tina" and "Tricks"

a girls gotta make a living. angel

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
sounds like Maxi is getting some great goodies.

Cricket, it looks like it's going to start raining any minutes. I sure hope we get some of this precipitation this August.

Tina, I think we should all take a nap at the same time.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Nap, Nap, did I hear someone say Nap???? grin count me in!!!!

merme sounds l ike you had a fun outing. And it sounds like Maxi is going to Love that you did!!!! clap thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Good job shopping Merme... we went out to and got a new coffee maker- had 3 - one just a 4 cupper and to small to use- kept it for - the other two were just wrong- one just wouldn't work-the other one I just hated cause when I tried to fill it I would spill water all over.. and have to clean it up, so we went and bought a programable one that's much easier to fill and use....
I am still fighting this stupid UTI... feel better but it has made my back hurt a lot- so still taking pain meds for that- or I don't get anything done and really need too - did finally get the tax stuff to our guy- course he had to ask if we were really planning on waiting till the 14th.... this is the latest I have ever let it go- not good.
It's cold again here this week .. more snow is predicted this weekend too... yuck.... but at least it melts quickly this time of yr... March came in like the lamb this yr and leaving like the lion for sure... windy..cold- cloudy too.
We did find some kid size gardening tools for the boys too- good ones not toys- they will have fun with them - got 3 sets for no fighting....
Well off to start the last load in the dryer--- 2 days to get laundry done is not good ....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I could never do all of our laundry in 2 days. best of luck with that nana! I don't mind washing and drying. even sorting and folding. but the putting up (well, now I delegate the putting up. but even that is brain racking craziness!) ha ha
Well, I got a patch mowed outside. it is looking SO beautiful outside now! I wish I could some of you that still have snow a bit of this wonderful 'grass'. not much grass yet mostly weeds, but when it's freshly mowed it's all green and still beautiful!
*cricket is having a 'spring' moment*

Cricket

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
spring moments are good, Cricket.
I finally got our taxes in today. Had to wait a long time for that last paper. Then John kept getting ill so we canceled appointments. But it is all filed and should be deposited in our account soon. Yay me!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well Cricket there is only 3 of us and I try to do it all in one day- then do bedding and towels the next- didn't work that way this week. I am lucky.. I sort,wash- dry- fold and put away.... sometimes hubby does the towels but not very often.... I can remember how much I used to do when all my kids were home.... and half the time I had extra kids then too- lots of laudry got done then.

Today we can see green grass... but we are going to get more snow so it will be white again shortly..our high was 43* today- but windy and cold!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Reading about all of you doing your laundry, made me feel guilty! I have wet clothes in the washer that I am thinking of leaving there til tomorrow!!!

I am ready to roll up the sidewalks and call it a day here.

I made a smoothie for my dinner because I wasn't really interested in eating. But that was very COLD! So much for my insistance on a Hot Supper! Now I am freezing and my sweatshirt over my jersey blouse isn't helping whatsoever. Time to find a warm blankie.

We had beautiful beautiful sunshine today but it got quite cold again by 3:30 PM as it does. My local friends and I were laughing today saying we are hoping for 50 degrees by Easter Day. It would feel downright summerish! lol But they are of course calling for more snow soon. I hope they are wrong!

My landlord's repairman did NOT show up today for my sink. If they do not respond again when I call them tomorrow, I am calling the Federal Housing program which helps pay my rent. THEY will have something to say to him about this long delay.

Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am also going to say good night to all. I'm the last one up here and very ready for my bed. It was a very, very long day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Yuck Merme. I hate having a stopped up sink. You'd think that wouldn't happen at my house since a plumber lives there but the bathroom sink is running sluggish right now and I'm told the live in plumber several times. I'm going to call him again right now.

Called him and he doesn't remember me telling him. Selective listening and remembering.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That is very selective, Sheri. I could use a (working) live-in plumber.
Good morning. I got to sleep in a little. Now I am off and running for a busy Wednesday regular hospital run.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I think everyone must be sleeping in today. But next week, I'll be the one sleeping in. Yippee. Really I've scheduled doctors appointments on my time off so I don't have to miss work. I don't think I'll be doing that again. It's probably the ethical thing to do but when you're old like me there are so many appointments; eyes, allergies, dental - that's 3 days out of my vacation.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
When John was teaching, he needed foot surgery that would take 6 weeks before he could go back to work. He scheduled it for about 4 weeks after school was back in session so it didn't mess up his vacation time. He got a sub who didn't have a clue about agriculture and I went in as a volunteer and helped the department run smoothly. It took nine weeks before John was cleared to go back to work and everything went very well.
John didn't take off much sick leave altogether. He had to nearly be at death's door to take time off. When he retired he had a year of built up sick leave to add to his years of service.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I wouldn't be a teacher for anything. It's such a hard job and the parents are forever coming to school and screaming and cussing the teachers. They're expected to be at work before 7 and can't leave until 4 and if it's parent night they're expected to come back. And if they're out they have to pay their substitute. Yesterday the 4th grade went on a field trip, left at 6:30AM got back at 8:30PM and the teachers who went don't get paid extra for it. The assistant principal who was at the school to see them off and meet them when they returned got to take the day off today, the teachers didn't. I don't know who made up these rules but they suck.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
funny you guys are talking about teachers. I just got through e-mailing two of my son's teachers. this language teacher of his I don't even like. she's one of those fast talking, finger pointer, no kids of her own - know it all types!

boy, I'm exhausted today. Having two extra days off really got me off track.

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
night night! wavy
me is one tired lil pup. snooz

Cricket

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We are now a four vehicle one (real) driver family. Found Jonni's car today and scooped it up. She is tickled to her toes. She will be getting her license very soon. She did not want to take the driving portion of her test in my van.
We have already found a buyer for the Honda that John picked up a few months ago when he thought he might feel up to driving again. I do not want to pay insurance on all of these cars. We will soon be back to 3 vehicles.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Of course, We got into the office and started on the paperwork to transfer title. I was already to already to sign the check to pay for the car and I turned to Jonni and said "No car today. April Fools!!" Shook her up for a second. And maybe my friend the car salesman too. Was pretty funny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, you are MEAN!!!!

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
You can ask my daughter today if I am mean. She went to sleep last night with a grin from ear to ear. I am pretty happy too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm getting ready to make a nice hot cup of Red rose Tea and sit here being very self-indulgent. I've had a roughish 36 hours or so, and now it is time to be very nice to me.

Hot tea is just the ticket!

Shoes off!

Door locked!

Answering machine on!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
whatever happened to Tamara?

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good question, sheri.

tina, you april fooled your daughter AND the salesman. way to go!

are you getting some good rest merme?

Cricket

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Tamara had a broken computer

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorta resting, but it is time to take some medications and toddle off to bed.

Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
safe away, ms. merme.
I gotta load the dishwasher and put some peroxide in my ears. Man this pollen this year is kicking my butt! I finally got rid of major head congestion but my ears just don't want to clear up.
then I'm gonna safe away myself!

Last edited by cricket; Apr 2nd, 2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Cricket

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image