Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I am so glad we didn't get snow, they had said snow for sunday and monday night, luckly we didnot get any I have irses ready to bloom. Money plant is blooming have buds on my culbines and buds on alot more, have tulips blooming and felt so bad last night didn't even feel like walking aroung and taking pictures, just covered what I could

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by loz
Wow Belinda, you have a lot you're dealing with right now. I hope you start to feel better. kissie

It's ummmm, SNOWING here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think someone gave mother nature the wrong message today. lol It shouldn't be snowing. It's just wrong. They said 1-3 but I won't believe that until I see it. Right now it's just flurries.

Going to moms for lunch soon, pork chops today. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.....I know I haven't been really talkative lately. wavy

We got 3" of snow Saturday night so I know what you mean!! It should not be snowing right now! It is supposed to be spring! lol I guess we have had snow later though. It is supposed to get into the 50s after today and stay that way at least through the weekend. That will be great!

Have a good lunch Loz! Sounds yummy!!

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everyone ~

Belinda, I hope everything improves for you soon.

Loz I hope you enjoyed those pork chops. Any leftovers? lol

Jessica it is nice to see you on.

We had torrential downpours yesterday and today. Man dear, if that had been snow....!!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Hope you are all feeling better and stay that way- we have had our share of the nasties too... Nicoli had a double ear infection- the other boys the upper resp crap as usual... Joseph had pinkeye and he hasn't had that in a long time... they went back to school today but they still feel yucky.... poor kids.
I had my Mom to doc today too- she has the cough that won't go away... they said it isn't bad but sounds bad to me... gave her meds to take sure hope they work...
Joe took most of this week off too- we may have to go to son's sometime- his MIL is not doing well at all- they have her in an induced coma- she has COPD , emphysema,evidently her doc told her yrs ago she was diabetic too and she never informed her family or took meds for it... she is in her early 50's and they told them she has a 25% chance of making it.... so we are praying .
Joe is going after the boys in a few- sure hope Nicoli feels better soon... he was pretty miserable last night Carrie said.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Prayers for your son's MIL, Nana. That is rough on any family. And all those sick grands. That has to be wearing on you.
I left before 7 am to get the kids to their respective schools, Stopped for gas and went to work. I finished up in time to grab a bite to eat then pick up Ted from swimming. Just got home at 2-ish this afternoon. A long day for me. Nap time before I figure out dinner.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Nap what is this nap everyone talks about? .......... oh yes it's what I used to do way back when ........ I am getting very frustrated with calling people to try and find a place for my Mom to live.... I just can't do it much longer- she is getting worse it seems- some of it seems funny but it is also scary when she "sees" things and they aren't there- I had to move the treats I keep for the kids lunches... she ate at least 10 granola bars in a couple days... thought she had a bug- no found the wrappers in her underwear drawer... its sad but I am out of energy and patience .... I am so never going to go this to my kids- thats why we have money and plans in place if our health goes south...
My son's MIL doesn't have a will- no power of atty for her kids, medical or otherwise... no life insurance- no health insurance- DIL is afraid they will take her house if she dies.... keep telling her not to worry about it till she has to but I can't do anything for them ... I am streched to thin now.
Nana

Last edited by Nana's11; Apr 7th, 2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: can't type with fake nails. LOL!

[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
oh nana, that is so hard. and i know that she was only supposed to be with you for six months.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Nana, I am sorry. I have lived with sundowners dimentia too. The stories sound funny but life is very serious and it is stressful to be in charge of someone who cannot take care of themselves. I hope you can find a happy placement for her soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I just got back from my final shopping for Easter. I went to Bullmoose -- that very cool CD, DVD & etc giant store -- Target, and a Candy Factory here in my town. Yup, they actually make most of the candies there and do not mind if you stand there and watch them at it!

So I've put together Maxi's basket, and a basket for my friend Angel's daughter (I've been doing her basket for years), and a basket for a neighbor kid. I also got Maxi's little brothers Easter gifts but no candy because their grandmother goes berzerker buying them Easter Candy!

Now I'm wiped out!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome home. Merme. So glad you were able to get it all together in time. In spite of the weeks setbacks. It sounds as though there will be some fun happening on Easter in Maine.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Hi everyone ~

Belinda, I hope everything improves for you soon.

Loz I hope you enjoyed those pork chops. Any leftovers? lol

Jessica it is nice to see you on.

We had torrential downpours yesterday and today. Man dear, if that had been snow....!!!

Merme

well was feeling okay today and slipped on a toy and fell

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze
well was feeling okay today and slipped on a toy and fell

I'm sorry to hear that, Belinda!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Nana, I feel for you. I took care of my mentally disabled mother for years. It can be VERY stressful and overwhelming.

Merme, you have really been hitting that shopping lately. I'm glad to hear your finally done.

Well, I'm too pooped to hang and talk. I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I've been doing a lot of just reading and not posting lately. I haven't been of much good company these past few days.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm glad you did drop by, Cricket.
The only reason I am still hanging around and not in the shower is because I am too tired to get up and go yet.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
I am the same way Tina. to pooped to get up and go to bed- Mom went early... hope she can sleep - gave her a pain pill and her sleeping meds so hopefully it will let her get some rest.
Merme your shopping sounds really good... I need to do that this week too... rabbits and baskets to get together, don't know if we will be doing a big dinner or not... have to see how many are intrested this yr- between the sickness and people in hospital it will be a quiet one I think.
Thanks for all your good thought to me on me taking my Mom - it was supposed to be only 6 mmonths = been a yr now... going to make more calls tomorrow.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Belinda, you need to lay down, take a break, and let everyone take care of themselves and even you. You're tired, run down and not able to function normally.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody!

It is beautifully sunny here today which is lovely after the days of heavy rain.

I woke up earlier than I meant to, thinking and thinking about candy! I got out of bed and tested my blood sugar and saw that I was way LOW. No wonder I was thinking so hard of candy!

This morning I want to clean the living room before I go to dialysis because the next few days are busy ones and I don't want to get sidetracked from it. I like the house to be sparkly for a Holiday.

And I have to nag my landlord over the plumbing problem. Nothing is working right around here.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Merme, has your landlord even tried to fix your plumbing. This is getting ridiculous!

It was 28 here last night but today it's sunny. It must still be windy because the weather report says 32° Sunny but feels like 25°.

I'm going to the dentist this morning. I love getting my teeth cleaned.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The landlord sent the CARPENTER over last Friday to unplug the kitchen drain. He said he fixed the problem of the leak when I ran the dishwasher as well. He didn't! When I turned it on, the water gushed out from under the kitchen sink again. So then I spoke to the actual plumber & he said he'd be over on Saturday. He still hasn't come. And now our toilet is plugged as well.

I'm glad you like your dentist.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,314
Posts241,008
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image