20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I seem to keep losing Cricket!

So I'll say

Safe away home O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I was still here just piddling with laundry a bit in between post, but my blinks are getting longer and longer. it's almost midnight I better safe away myself on outta here. my son has a friend staying the night and they sacked out somewhere between 9-10. if I want ONE cup of coffee before they start with the in and out the door...bang-bang, muddy feet, what's for breakfast, can we play in the sprinkler ect, I better hit the sack!
thanks for the new ch, merme! you are on top of things this evening.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Gee here I am awake and all alone---I woke up cold--because when my DH made my bed for me, he put the blanket on top of the comforter, and it slid off.
So here I sit awake with just enough sleep so as I am not sleepy right now---

Gee cricket wish my laundry was all done....

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm here too, Carol Jean.

I also woke up cold.

My laundry is done. neenee

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well Merme, I decided that I would make my bed the right way (even if I shouldn't) and then I put on my house coat & snuggled down. in about 15 minutesd I was fast asleep---so at 7am my youngest called to talk to her daddy---ah well I got some sleep at least----I hope you did too

The news this morning had photos of the snow storm in Colorado----they say 70(?) was closed down--I hope Carrie was able to get home.---anyone seen nana??

is anyone home????

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Getting Maxi ready to go to the party. Making coffee so I can sorta wake up.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Morning all.. Sorry I missed the responses about my Darling ditch Kitty, She is Very special to me.
One of a kind. :)
Another fantabulous day here in Michigan.. Blue sky, 60 already heading back to 70.
Off to de hair my very neglected horse.. LOL
He does not care, but I get guilty. Maybe go for a quick ride and then back to more yard work..
The only bad thing about this much glorious sunis the fact that it really streams in the house and shows all the .. ahem... Dust!
HAve an awesome day all my gardening friends! kissie

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I wanna go riding with Ditchy and she left without me! boohoo

No, Carol, I haven't seen Nana yet today.... there is several hours time difference. I too hope all is well for her and Joe & everyone.

Maxi's dad LOST the invitation to the party and therefore doesn't know the correct street address. He gave me two possibilities in a town I am unfamiliar with! Maxi doesn't know his friend's parents first names so we couldn't find anything similar in the phonebook or on-line. It may take us a while to find them. Maxi is hoping there will be lots of cars in a driveway with a bunch of kids running around a yard to give it away! I hope he is right! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Looks like you are in for a nice Saturday drive, Merme. I Hope you find it for Maxi's sake.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning ,
I am up and here - all is okay with us- Carrie must have gotten home okay cause she was on facebook last night after I went to bed... Joe went to work this morning okay- it is still snowing... kind of very wet snow- sleet kind of I guess... going to be really messy out there.. what is really weird is by Wed/Thurs they say we will be in the 70's... spring in the Rockies....
My tv sattilite is snow covered so won't be watching much tv I guess- the DVR works so Mom is watching The Alamo with John Wayne,,, it probably won't work unless the snow on it melts later today if it ever warms up..32* right now...
Well Mom needs breakfast now- will pause her movie and get her eating - back in a while...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I wonder if merme and maxi found the party?

I too wouldn't mind going horse back riding with ditch. I'd even help her with some of the yard work. it is STILL raining here! it stopped for about 10 minutes earlier and I was able to tromp out to the garden and look at things through the fence. all is well out there but I sure would like to be IN it getting my hands dirty!

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, we found the party -- with some difficulty!

The directions were wrong on top of not having the correct address. But we found it! And the parents of the birthday boy were as nice as they could be and I think Maxi is having a wonderful time.

Maxi did have to get out of the car three times and knock on doors hoping we had the right place, but the first two tries were no answers. The third was it! YAY!

And he was right all along: the house had lots of cars in the driveway and a bunch of kids running around on an otherwise quiet street.

We are expecting rain any minute.

I've got that giant ham in the oven and it will be done at 5. Maxi will be home around 5:30 or 6:00, so the timing works out.

Cricket did you get to a garage sale?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
no garage 'sailing' for us today. it was raining at sun up and has only stopped once for about 10 minutes. I did get my bills paid this morning, though! YAY! I always dread it SO much, but once I get in there its not all that brutal and doesn't take all that long.

I found a wonderful ham reciepe for you merme. I'm going to type it up now. I wish I had a scanner. its a long bugger! it's not that difficult or timely, just lots of ingredients.

I'm so glad yall found the party. do you have to get back out to pick him up or will he be getting a ride home?

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi's dad will be bringing him home. They live about 2 miles from the party home. So I called them to give them the CORRECT directions!

I'm sorry you didn't go sailing today, Cricket. I rarely get to go to any garage sales but they sure can be fun.

Our rain hasn't arrived yet but it is getting more and more windy and colder as the hours pass. I wish it would just go ahead and rain.

When Maxi gets home he will go fetch the mail for us. That is always a high point of my day! I love getting the mail but I'm not allowed to go out and all the way to the boxes alone, so I have to wait for someone to bring it. Lots of times one of the boys in our complex will get it for me if Maxi isn't here.

I did get a nice card from Carol Jean yesterday and one from Cheryl last week. HIGHPOINTS!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
awwwww, ms. merme. I didn't realize how much you liked getting mail. send me a pm. I'll shoot you over a card every now and then!

we got two movies from the library when we went out to grab some lunch earlier. all this rain makes for good movie watching and house cleaning.

I have a wonderful jambalaya reciepe for you over in the ham thread.
(great! now that song is playing in my head!) jambalaya crawfish pie....

Last edited by cricket; Apr 18th, 2009 at 12:45 PM.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
What are you going to watch, Cricket?

Maxi went to see some new movie about race cars, I think it is #5 in a series or something like that! (All I know about it is that it has no blood because the mother of the birthday boy doesn't let him watch anything with blood in it or play any video games with blood either, so Maxi informed me!)

I am watching The Two Towers in the LOTR series.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
we borrowed Meet the Robinsons and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from the library. they finally got some fairly recent movies in.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thanks, girlfriend -- now you got ME singing it!

for tonight I'm gonna see my cher amio... my Yvonne, the sweetest one...

I had finally cured myself of it after our Mardi Gras party and you got it back in my head!

lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
I had finally cured myself of it after our Mardi Gras party and you got it back in my head!
lol
Merme

lol So, sorry! I wished it wasn't in my head either. earlier this morning the kids got to singing Spider Pig from The Simpson's movie. THAT song was stuck in my head most of the morning. I'll glady replace it with jambalaya.

that race car movie you were talking about....was it The Fast and the Furious? I know they just came out with another of those movies. Vin Diesel...mmmm....mmmm! thumbup

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, THAT'S what Maxi called it! The Fast & The Furious! Good girl, Cricket for thinking of it!

I hate when weird songs get stuck in my head! lol It is even worse to live with someone who has a weird song stuck in their head!

Sometimes my EX gets "I Feel Pretty" stuck in his (From West Side Story) and we all crack up!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
haha haha

tapfoot now THAT one will be stuck in my head.

I do house cleaning, as you might remember, sometimes after we finish a house and are leaving looking around to make sure everything has been done one of us will break into 'you are so beautiful to me'. it's pretty funny too! most of the time the homeowners aren't there and most all of our houses are mainly tiled floors. So, its nice and quiet. great accustics for that song! lol
what makes it even more funny is most all of the houses we do have 'nanny-cams' with audio. so if they felt so inclined to watch the tape back later they would get a good laugh!

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The other song my EX sometimes get stuck on is "Sister Suffragette" from Mary Poppins. And yes, this is the guy who is 100% Heavy Metal and could pass as The Crow's brother and has been mistaken for Meatloaf. Imagine him getting caught in "we're merely soldiers in petticoats!"

haha

I just took a long hot shower. The other day I bought new Olay body wash in a different variety than the last time. AND I got a new scrungie scrubby doohickey for me in white and one for Maxi in dark blue. He also got new shampoo. So it felt quite luxurious to try the new Olay and my new Scrub-Me-Up!

Plus, it was really nice to be able to take my time and enjoy the hot water without thinking constantly of the clock and my tight schedule when my girl is here and also nice to not have to share my privacy with a paid employee.

I feel treated! thumbup

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I wondered where you went. sounds like time well spent! I just love splurging on different scented body washes. my fav is sweet pea flowers. and I love anything with clean smelling fruit, like cucumber, mellon, grapefruit, ect.

THE SUN IS OUT! I don't know for how long. it is flooded out there. our yard is soup. well beyond the stew consistancy-just soup. I took a few pic's of the garden. If I can physic myself up to go into photobucket with this old jalopy of a computer I'll post some pics. (I'm not getting a lot of house cleaning done this afternoon, but some)

and yes, I can just pic your meatloaf looking ex belting out lines from mary poppins! the other day my hubby...I guess he could pass as Nicholas Cages' brother???... was telling a story about a guy he just met. He said, so and so is just crazy. not crazy-crazy, but funny crazy. then he said, he's also just so........???? he couldn't think of the word and I offered up 'sweet'. hubby says yea, he IS sweet! Isn't it just so hysterical when macho mean let up their gaurd for a moment??

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Wow, I laid down on the couch with THREE throw blankets after dinner and got warm for the first time all day. Maxi also turned up the heat. And I fell instantly asleep!

The earlier crocheting probably helped.

The ham I roasted today turned out wonderfully. It was so tender, it was cut-with-a-fork ready. DELICIOUS!

It will make some very tasty leftovers. Good thing, because there is a lot of it! lol

Maxi had the best time at the party! He came home telling me the movie was "Great! It had everything: Cars, Chicks, Explosions!" What is there not to love in a movie like that?!

Now I am going to make some coffee and enjoy the evening. I hope folks are still around in the CH.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
geez oh pete where IS everybody tonight?!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well I am here just not very "with it" I am sorry--

whats up with you tonight???

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well apparenlty everyone is gone--I am going myself for teh evening then----
sweet dreams to you all---nighty night--- wavy

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am in a really good mood tonight, Carol Jean. We had a great day. Now Maxi is fast asleep since 9 PM and I'm all by myself feeling this well and happy.

How are you tonight?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Since I've been hearing the wind whistling hollowly through the CH for a while now, I will say

Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Since I've been hearing the wind whistling hollowly through the CH for a while now, I will say

Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all!

Merme

sorry Merme---I felt the same way so I sat down & watched an episode of MASH--and I see I have once again missed you---I hope you have a good nights sleep.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
WAKEY! WAKEY! Rise and Shine everybody! It is a beautiful day in the Coffeehouse. Time to get up and smell the delicious aroma of my fresh drinks (hot and cold) and Nana's delightful muffins. All cyber-calorie free of course!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning Merme,, I stayed up late and got up early,,
I'm going to go make a golden butter cake with milk choc frosting here in a bit,, and cook sunday dinner get it all out of the way so I can be outside this afternoon!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh that sounds like a delicious plan, Diane! thumbup

We are getting ready to put the Asparagus Strata together so it can be in the ice box all day for dinner tonight.

It is so beautiful here we shut off the heat and opened the front door. YAY!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

It is so beautiful here we shut off the heat and opened the front door. YAY!

Merme

that's great Merme., sounds like the weather is changing for the good,, about time HUH??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The delay of the arrival of spring was probably the biggest adjustment I had to make after moving to Maine, Diane. Having a more dramatic winter didn't bother me at all, but oh man, the postponement of spring really IS hard to bear. My biological "spring Clock" is weeks ahead of my area! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
My biological "spring Clock" is weeks ahead of my area! lol

Merme

I Hear ya Merme, My Biological spring clock starts in Feburary haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Diane! haha

We got the Strata in the icebox to chill until we are ready to bake it off later.

Diane what are you making for Sunday Dinner?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We are being fairly industrious today. Dinner is resting in the ice box. Maxi has done a few projects and then decided to take off for the 7/11 which is about a mile. He will get himself a Slushie and bring home a diet 7-Up for me. We are looking for our ice tea jar because it is time for us to be making sun tea again.

I'm a little ticked about his laundry. When I picked him up on Thursday, they said "He has no laundry!" so he came home without any and has been wearing the clean clothes he has here. Then they brought him home from the party yesterday with a GIGANTIC bag of laundry!! Where was all of this on Thursday when we picked him up? So now we have about 3 loads to do...

Meantime I've got to put all our cooking stuff in the dishwasher. Can't let it accumlate too far in the sink! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
glad to hear you got to open up the house merme. I remember you mentioning that needed to be done a couple of days ago. also great it is finally warm enough to do so. it's 70ish here today. they yard is still very soggy though. no grass cutting or gardening for me today.

Cricket

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,953
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image