Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My day was very, very long. I am still waiting on a verizon tech to show and fix my connection problems. I may or may not be on long depending on those little blinking lights ( and which way the wind is blowing, I think)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
saturday my computer came up with a strange display. I got really nervous and thought ok this is the end for my old jalopy of a computer. but, our phones were acting crazy too. operator kept saying 'your call did not go through'. we were having some serious rain and thunderstorms. what a relief it was the phone lines and not the computer!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That would be a relief! Big time. I'm on a coutdown for when my computer dies on me. i am babying it along.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I hear ya. I watch the kidos and hubby like a hawl when they get on the computer. when this sucker bites the dust we won't get it fixed or get a new one for some time. the money has to go for other things right now.

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning everyone----I am just dropping in while I eat something----going back to try for another nap as soon as my "puppie" comes back in from outside.
I'll see ya all later---

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Well gee, I just got some news. My girl didn't show up this morning and so I called the agency. They called to find her. Found out she QUIT!

Good thing Maxi was here to help me get things together this morning. They are sending someone else for just a little while before I leave for dialysis. And they said they'd have someone else for tomorrow. So now our lives are in chaos and I hope they send someone good.

This is the pits. She knew she was leaving for another job and never said a word!

Merme

I'm glad that person quit. Evidentially she was in the wrong job. I've known other people who have left jobs without giving a notice. That's just wrong.

Hope your new person will be the right person for you.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
being back at work yesterday was hard after 2 weeks off. Every other student in the school has ringworm. The homes these kids must have!!! One boy had a sore that is 3 inches across on his arm in plain view. When I talked to mom she said she hadn't noticed it. I wanted to smack her.

I was so tired when I got home and it was so windy that I couldn't work outside. My garden will be a little late this year. Too wet and too windy.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm at a relatives house....a long way away. I can't really chat but wanted to let you all know I'm still alive and saving for a new computer. I am still covered in snow, lots of it....we had over 14 feet so far and it still falls.

I miss you all so much, and can't wait til we're reunited once more. XOX
Oh and tell Merme,...banana bread is on the menu today.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Oh Tamara!! We miss you so much!! Hope you can come back soon!!!!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
I'm at a relatives house....a long way away. I can't really chat but wanted to let you all know I'm still alive and saving for a new computer. I am still covered in snow, lots of it....we had over 14 feet so far and it still falls.

I miss you all so much, and can't wait til we're reunited once more. XOX
Oh and tell Merme,...banana bread is on the menu today.

WOW you made it to talk to us and no one was here-- wavy--so sorry---- egad

That is too bad about the snow, but hey, it is soon going to be gone, right???

Good luck with the saving for the computer---we will be waiting for you.. :wink:

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
wavy

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It has been a very busy week so far and today looks like not much different. But I have managed to tuck a nap into each day just for me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning,
I woke up early today- it is warm.... slept with ceiling fan on.... is really nice... my flower beds are calling me... wamt to get my seeds in the ground or pots... want to go to the nurserys too... have to wait another week or two ... but it is so nice right now that makes it hard... almost warm enough to read the paper on the deck and have coffee out there- birds are singing .. hear the kids voices as they go to the busstops... air is soft feeling.
Well am leaving coffee pot here- and the tea is ready too- a big container of all kinds of muffins and quick breads... cinnamon rolls too... even have some Tamara inspired bananna bread,,,,
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
It rained a little yesterday morning and is supposed to rain some today. The sun is out right now but the wind is blowing so hard it's terrible. What is up with this wind.

Working is kicking my butt. All I want to do is sleep. I got too used to time off. zoink

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi Merme,
Hope all is well with you.... did you meet your new girl yet? Sure hope she is good at what she is supposed to be doing for you,
It's been a beautiful day here today- hit 72* with sunshine and fairly clear skies... tomorrow is supposed to be80* ... kids are loving it and me too.
I need to make some dinner now so have to go and do that...thinking of chickenfried steak strips... mashed taters...gravy to go with....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Nana ~ I met my new girl on Tuesday. She is very nice and capable, but I doubt she will be with me for long. She is a nursing student, so this is just a temp job to keep her in cash til she's done school.... or her class schedule changes. The easy thing is, because of her background she understands everything without me having to explain.

We've been having a busy week with Maxi on spring Break. Unfortunately because of all the rain we've had, we haven't been able to do some of the fun things we had planned. It is supposed to be nice on Saturday, though. I hope it is!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well at least she must be a little more with it if she is in nursing school... at least I hope so, hope she stays awhile anyway...especially if she knows what you need and how you need it... you guys are getting the weather we had last week with our snow and yuck... today it's been so nice and tomrorow is supposed to be even better....then we get rain again... I intend to enjoy tomorrow though for sure..
Funny kid story : today Joe took Nicoli with him to pick up Derek at school and had his work ID on him cause he worked half day overtime today-- Nicoli was playing with it and suddenly looked at it and told Joe he looked like Dr. Phill... but with hair.... he is such a funny kid.
The kids had races today at school too..Derek raced with the kindergarten kids, he beat them all- then the 1st,2nd,3rd graders... he won all of the races... then he raced the 4th graders... only 2 kids ran faster than him... he was so excited that he won over the big kids.... and they gave Timothy a special test for his reading ability... had to do it carefully cause he puts so much pressure on himself to do well in all things..he tested out at 6th grade in reading ... he is just finishing 2nd grade... kid is so smart at some things it's scary... always thinking.
Well hope you get some good weather and get to have some fun time with Maxi... even without it you will enjoy you time together I know..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
hello guys. VERY tired again today. but tomorrow is a short day and I'm off on friday AND monday. lucky me. I look forward to some relax time.
sounds like your new girl will work out great as long as you have her, huh merme? Isn't there a law or a saying about that???...... 'moving up to your level of incompetance'?...hmmmm...my mind is drawing a blank? it's not murpys law, but another one? Peter Principal! (I believe that is it?)

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I never heard of that, Cricket!

Nana! That Nicoli cracks me up! He is a funny kid. Great for Timothy to be reading so well so soon... that is good for him because then perhaps other things will come easier. I can't believe Derek outran all those kids! I'm quite impressed because neither Maxi or I have ever been runners. WOW.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone! Merme, sounds like your new girl is going to be great. If I didn't live all the way on the other side of the country, I'd be your girl. thumbup Tomorrow is my last day of my first week back to work. I hope to finish the weeding on friday and plant my seeds by saturday. B/f is going to do some work at his dad's place on saturday so I'll have some extra time. Knowing me I'll get it all done on friday and spend saturday recovering from it. lol Joey just got an XBox live membership and has been battling with other kids all across the country for the last few days. He loves it, makes him feel like he's playing with someone rather than by himself. My car broke last thursday. Sort of. Sounded like I had a hole is my muffler. I told my b/f my car sounds like a motorcylce and his response was "it has about the same size engine." haha I always said my car had the little engine that could. Well, on my way to pick up Joey from school today it miraculously fixed itself at a read light. Maybe it'll come back tomorrow but at least me and Joey got to drive home from school without having to yell at each other. Right now I'm working on a story for a writing contest, but needed a break. I think I'll stop for the night and go make myself some of my special hot chocolate.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cheryl I'm replying to you in the new CH because this one is...

****************************CLOSED***************************************

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi again,
Cograts Cheryl on your 9 days.... been praying for you....you'll make it just fine.
It was funny when I told my Mom about Derek winning all his races- she said just like his great gramdma- she was quite a runner when she was a kid- she went to a one room school till she was in 8th grade and she used to beat all the older kids when she was little ... quite a tomboy I guess...
I heard from my son today..his MIL is now in a regular room in the hospital- getting better slowly... they have her in physical therapy to get back her strengh now and got her signed up for medicaid,social security disability , hopefully that will take some of the pressure off my son to pay his bills and hers...and more good news is the twins finally shook the bug they had,so hopefully they will not get it again this spring.

Nana

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,988
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image