#277424
Apr 28th, 2009 at 06:55 PM
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
I had asked Lynne on the last bloomingfine thread #3 if her forget me nots were as blue as the picture,, //www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=277406#Post277406 here is my daisy aglaya blooming ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/daisyaglaya2.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/DSCN3913.jpg) and confetti Lantana ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/confettilantana2.jpg)
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
That daisy looks like it's either having a "bad hair day" or is a friend of my daughter's!  I do really like it though - it's so different!!! And of course I love your lantana - never met one I didn't like! As for the forget me nots, they grow VERY easily from seeds, but only bloom in the cooler days of spring and then sometimes in fall again if the plant doesn't dry out in the heat of summer. They are not perennial here I don't think, but the babies grow in place of the mother plants from seeds. As I said to Carol - the color is a bit more of a baby blue - a very pretty shade!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
That daisy looks like it's either having a "bad hair day" or is a friend of my daughter's! As for the forget me nots, the color is a bit more of a baby blue - a very pretty shade! okay thanks
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
I had asked Lynne on the last bloomingfine thread #3 if her forget me nots were as blue as the picture,, //www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=277406#Post277406 here is my daisy aglaya blooming ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/daisyaglaya2.jpg) where do you find such beautiful flowers?? Do they come up and ask you to take them home??? 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
you find such beautiful flowers Do they come up and ask you to take them home???  as a matter of fact they do If you believe in a gnomes and fairys sometimes plants and flowers just speak to you
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
alrighty then--- 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Lynne back to your Ajuga plant,, I did see those at home depot Not flowered yet so I didn't know what the bloom looked like,, AND the leaves were not variegated like yours I LOVE yours! I'll have to look them up and see if they are perennials here and see how the growing condition I'd love to have that blue bloom  ! ~~~ Well I looked it up on the net,, guess what site came up first ajuga growing requirement
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
Stevie asked "Do you leave your bulbs in all the time, and do they multiply?" In the south, where I live, we do leave them in the ground. My tulips usually only return the next year and yes they multiply. I don't know if a mole or what eats the bulbs but they usually don't return the 3rd year. Daffodils come back forever and multiply like crazy for me. I am a little nuts and like the ajuga that has come up in my grass. We mow it down, of course, but it springs right back and seems like it flowers the more we mow it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
In the south, where I live, we do leave them in the ground. My tulips usually only return the next year and yes they multiply. I don't know if a mole or what eats the bulbs but they usually don't return the 3rd year.
Daffodils come back forever and multiply like crazy for me.
Sheri_ I could not keep tulip bulbs out at the farm---I had a lot of moles & they loved my tulips----when I planted 24 tulips out in front of my house NONE of them ever showed up---NONE I planted anywhere ever showed up---however the daffs were never bothered--so I am guessing that moles do not like them--- I can leave some bulbs in the ground----but glads, and elephant ears are some that most around her dig up each fall
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Stevie - I do leave my bulbs in the ground year round, and yes they do multiply if conditions are good for them. I've only had them for about 5 years now, but each year I buy more and more on sale at the end of the fall season. One of the store here, Christmas Tree Shops, usually marks their fall bulbs down to 80% off and that is when I buy tons of them!!! I plant half here, and half at my parents' house so they can enjoy some color too. Diane that is great that TGH came up first in your ajuga search. And I'm glad it said it's good to help control erosion because of the extensive root system - that is EXACTLY what I am hoping to get from them! Carol - I used to have terrible problems with bulbs gone missing - it was squirrels here - not moles - they would dig them up almost as soon as I planted them. I learned to do 2 things. Firstly... I read somewhere that they squirrels can tell when bulbs have been planted because the soil has been disturbed in that area sooooooooooo... one should tamp down the soil pretty hard so they cannot detect that it was dug up at all. This has been working well for me - I usually stomp on the areas where I plant them. The second thing that has allowed me to enjoy the flowers is sprinkling Milorganite fertilizer around the area as soon as some green pops up where the bulbs are growing. This helps keep away all sorts of critters such as deer, squirrels, and woodchucks because it smells pretty bad. But I can trade that smell for being able to enjoy the beautiful flowers!
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/catstars.gif)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
HandyMa'am
|
|
HandyMa'am
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236 |
Here are my blooms today. My largest bleeding heart has grown even larger since I took pictures of it last. It has alot of hearts on it and I'm loving it! ![[Linked Image]](http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/gardngal/Garden%202009/garden004-1.jpg) Here is my Eastern Redbud right now. So far, it isn't as vibrant as it was last year...we'll see what happens as the spring continues. I can tell the bees are LOVING it tho. Yesterday I could hear the buzzing from the living room and it was kind of funny to watch the bees in the evening when the wind started kicking up. ![[Linked Image]](http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/gardngal/Garden%202009/garden006-1.jpg) Even the branches themselves have blooms on them this year! I'm wondering if these will eventually turn into more branches. ![[Linked Image]](http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/gardngal/Garden%202009/garden008-1.jpg) The tulips around the tree finally opened....they are soo pretty. I should take a picture of their insides because the yellow and black in them is gorgeous. These are the only tulips I have this year. The baby bunnies that live under our porch mowed down all the rest of them. ![[Linked Image]](http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/gardngal/Garden%202009/garden007-1.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
that tree is beautiful. And so is that daisy.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
what is this? ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21888382/362900673.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21888382/362900677.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
I love the bleeding hearts and the eastern Redbud tree is awesome! Jenn,, Sheri I have something very much like that growing out of the base of my Oak tree it has very fine thorns and is Invasive, I can't get rid of it,, I find runners in the yard leading back to the tree,, Wild tree rose or something like that,
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 26,932
Giggles
|
|
Giggles
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 26,932 |
Even though those white flowers are 'invasive' and 'hard to get rid of', I guess I would pamper them if I had a yard for them to be in because I sure think they are pretty!! Diane, about how big around is that Lantana? I love them so much !! I see pictures like that of just the bloom and they look big, but then I saw a picture from a distance of a bunch of them growing and they looked tiny!
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/shirley4.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) "I Love Virginia!"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
about the size of a quarter I guess,, that's a very close up Pic so one could see the Individual blooms that are soooooo tiny,
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
what is this? ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21888382/362900673.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21888382/362900677.jpg) Looks very much like a rose. Probably a wild one. Prairie rose? Single flower give me the impression that it's some sort of species rose. Leaf count, petal count, buds, calyx all look like some sort of roseIf you have other roses that are grafted, it might be that the root stock (usually a very hardy/strong rose is used) is putting out suckers.
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
it doesn't have a fragrance. it's out in the field with no other roses around.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 256
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 256 |
Does the bush look like this? ![[Linked Image]](http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/galleries/pics_r/rosamult_pl.jpg) For more information click here
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545 |
Thanks Sheri, Carol and Lynne for the info about tulip bulbs. I have never grown them before, but will put some in this month. I just asked about that, because my neighbour mentioned to me that the bulbs may only last one year, unless I pull them out and store them. But I am going to leave them in. We don't have any of the animals you mentioned, although I would love to have squirrels here.
Eternity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545 |
[quote=hisgal2]Here are my blooms today. My largest bleeding heart has grown even larger since I took pictures of it last. It has alot of hearts on it and I'm loving it! ![[Linked Image]](http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/gardngal/Garden%202009/garden004-1.jpg) I love the shape of the leaves on the bleeding heart too, they are exquisite. The Eastern Redbud is a beautiful tree, isn't it?
Eternity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Stevie - do you know what growing zone you are in there? You might be too cold during winter for them to stay outside if your neighbor said that. Or... they could be wrong!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Your Lantana is so exquisite, Diane. I'm with you, Shirley, if I had the space, I would grow that "invasive" plant as well. To me, it looks like a Wild Irish rose. But I just say that because I've crocheted so many of them and that is what the pattern is always called!  Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
I was going to say a rose , like Ken did . It has the leaf......Not sure of the flower.. Nice and reminds me of apple blossoms.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Yes it does remind me of apple blossoms blooms too,
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
Thanks Sheri, Carol and Lynne for the info about tulip bulbs. I have never grown them before, but will put some in this month. I just asked about that, because my neighbour mentioned to me that the bulbs may only last one year, unless I pull them out and store them. But I am going to leave them in. We don't have any of the animals you mentioned, although I would love to have squirrels here. I think Australia is pretty warm. Your dilemma is that you're too warm. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, etc. need a cool dormant period to bloom. If the cool dormant period not sufficient, they will not bloom, or bloom on really short stems. As you are in a place where you seldom get snow (if ever?) you need to put them through their dormancy to keep them coming year after year. The way to do this is to wait until summer when the foliage has naturally died back. Carefully dig out the bulbs. You can store them dry for about a month, provided you let them air out so the brown skin on the bulb turn dry/'flaky'. About 20 weeks or so before you want blooms, pot up the bulbs, water to moisten (not soak), and put in a bag in your fridge. Now, you have to remember not to keep apples/bananas, etc in the fridge because they release ethelyne and can make your bulbs go bad. The plastic bag will help to keep your fridge clean. After 17 weeks or so in the fridge, you can gradually being them out to room temperature; say a few hours a day until you see a shoot come out of the pot. Once the shoot comes out, it'll sprout a few leaves before sending out the bloom. Keeping the bulb in a cooler room will help make the bloom last longer :) The problem I have here is the exact opposite of yours. We're too cold, and I have to dig up my tropicals, whereas you have to dig up your temperates lol
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
This yellow rose is on the arbor it looks more golden than yellow ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/DSCN3951.jpg) Vine cup is blooming,, ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/vinecup.jpg)
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 26,932
Giggles
|
|
Giggles
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 26,932 |
That is a beautiful color of rose, Diane!!
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/shirley4.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) "I Love Virginia!"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Interesting shade of yellow for a rose, Diane. And you have darling Vine Cups, too. Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh - that rose is gorgeous! Does it have a nice scent? And I like that shade of pink too!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545 |
Stevie - do you know what growing zone you are in there? You might be too cold during winter for them to stay outside if your neighbor said that. Or... they could be wrong! Hi, Lynne. I think our zone system is different from yours, but our winter would be considered reasonably mild by North American standards. The night time temperatures get down to maybe 30-45F, and day time temperatures get to 55-60F. Occasionally our town gets a small amount of snow, but more so just up the road at Mount Macedon. I'm fairly confident now that the bulbs would be okay to leave in the ground. I bought some more this morning, but they are still quite expensive. Oh, I just saw your post, kennyso, reccommending I take the bulbs out in summer, because our climate here is too warm. I do have the bulbs in the fridge at the moment before planting. Do I have to pot them to put them in the fridge, or can I just store them in a bag in the fridge? There's not much spare room in there! Interesting that you can grow some tropicals there. I have a few tropicals, but I am just about to put sleeves around them for winter, and I have brought my frangipani in a pot inside. Thanks for the helpful hints.
Last edited by stevie_g; May 1st, 2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: more writing
Eternity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Thanks for telling me about your climate Stevie. I am wondering if Kenny is right about them needing to be colder during winter months? But if I were in your situation I certainly would not have room in my fridge to store any - I can barely fit our food in there because it's very old and not very roomy.
When you say expensive - may I ask how expensive? Like I said... I only buy them at the end of fall when this one particular store marks them down about 80% off. I wouldn't have half the bulbs I do if not for that.
I wish you good luck with your bulbs - what kinds and colors did you get?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545 |
Thanks, Lynne. I missed kenny's post and then saw it, and edited my post. I bought red ones, and a mixture of white and dark purple. I think the red ones were about $6 for a bag of 3, and the mixture were $10 for a bag of 4. I will keep a look out for discounts at the end of Autumn!
Last edited by stevie_g; May 1st, 2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Eternity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
I don't know much about currency in different countries - would that be comparable to American? That sounds like an awful lot for such a small amount of bulbs. Unless they are larger, or of much better quality than the bulbs I get here?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
neko, no that's not my bush. Diane, your flowers are so pretty.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
Do I have to pot them to put them in the fridge, or can I just store them in a bag in the fridge? There's not much spare room in there! You can keep the bulbs after they're aired in the fridge in a paper bag, but to start the growing it need moisture. Tulips and such put out roots in fall (or when it senses the temperatures are starting to drop steadily). I think the red ones were about $6 for a bag of 3, and the mixture were $10 for a bag of 4. I will keep a look out for discounts at the end of Autumn! That's about the price I have to pay for forced bulbs from the flower section at the supermarket (bulb that are pre chilled, and potted, and starting or are already blooming) It is a bit more than what I pay for, for a bag of bulbs to plant in the fall. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to money of different countries - would that be comparable to American? That sounds like an awful lot for such a small amount of bulbs. Unless they are larger, or of much better quality than the bulbs I get here? 1 AUD is about 0.75 USD The most common grade of tulip bulbs are 12-14cm. They will eventually form little bulbils/offsets as they grow.
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
The most common grade of tulip bulbs are 12-14cm. They will eventually form little bulbils/offsets as they grow.
Kenny - did you mean mm? 12-14 cm is about 5 inches across - that would be a very large bulb and I've never seen a tulip bulb that large. My tulip bulbs are more like 2 inches across. If even that big.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545 |
I don't know much about currency in different countries - would that be comparable to American? That sounds like an awful lot for such a small amount of bulbs. Unless they are larger, or of much better quality than the bulbs I get here? I don't think these ones would be better quality- I think someone is just making some money out of us! I'm getting a bit tired of it; recently I had a disagreement with our plumber over a larger-than expected bill, and I still haven't paid the termite control company for their preventative spray, which wasn't up to standard. I'm not paying 'till they do it right. Why is everyone trying to rip me off?
Eternity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Steve
Getting ripped off is common here also.
We lost $40,000 dollars due to a bankrupt place. Another $8,000 to a person who didnt deliver a Silo for animal feed.
I can fo on an on .......Rip off is common here, and now the economy isnt helping at all.
We feel your pain. Hope with GOd and Faith you will survive......And gumption, and guts.
GOod luck
dodge
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
Kenny - did you mean mm? 12-14 cm is about 5 inches across - that would be a very large bulb and I've never seen a tulip bulb that large. My tulip bulbs are more like 2 inches across. If even that big.
12-14cm diameter or a bit bigger for hybrids and a bit smaller for species (wild) tulips Mind are about 1.5" across, maybe a bit smaller. I've found the bigger the bulb, the bigger the flower :) and the bigger the cost lol
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
Roscoea purpurea Hardy Himalayan Ginger Click here for album
Last edited by kennyso; May 2nd, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
Pulmonaria sp. Lungwort ![[Linked Image]](http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/kennyso/Image0021.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/kennyso/Image0011.jpg)
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
is that bloom blue kenny? the peonies are blooming. Hope they don't get thrips because I didn't spray this year. ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363146152.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363146142.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363146148.jpg) this little rose bush was here in the shade when we moved in and I moved it to a sunny location and it blooms like crazy. ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363146135.jpg) and my favorite color ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363146123.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
this is a lady bug in my yard. This is NOT what invades my house every year that bites. ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363146102.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
I am sooooooooo jealous of your peonies, Sheri!!! I have planted a few plants over the past few years, and each year I only get 2 stalks on one of the plants and maybe 1 flower!!! Isn't it funny when we move a plant to it's correct location and it rewards us over and over with beautiful flowers?!? The former owners of my house had no clue where to plant things, and since I've moved the hostas, etc they've done very well. Gotta love ladybugs outside - they are a gardener's best friend!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
Lynne, maybe your peonies will flourish a little more each year. I hear they need cold to bloom and you've certainly got plenty of that. My only problem with them seems to be thrips.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Sheri I love Love LOVE peonies,, they remind me of my Grandma. I'd like to have some here But I just don't have the room. Yours are beautiful I have three different clematis blooming now/ I have a total of 4 kinds, ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/3clematisblooming09pic2.jpg) The Dew plant(Dew Plant or Baby Sun roseAptenia cordifolia ) is blooming now too ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/dew.jpg)
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
Diane, now you're just showing off with that clematis.
does your area get cold enough for peonies? I think they need a cold snap to grow correctly.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Diane, now you're just showing off with that clematis well Yeahhhhhhhh I'm proud of them  I'll Post more when the 4th one blooms  ( Just teasing you Sheri :wink: _) I don't recall seeing any peonys around here But they sell them Weird that I never see any in yards or in landscaping anywhere,,
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
|
|
The Man
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540 |
is that bloom blue kenny? Yup blue :) I'm so jealous of your peonies. Mine are still little red stubs coming out of the ground. I've never seen one such a bright pink. What's the purple plant in the second picture? I have planted a few plants over the past few years, and each year I only get 2 stalks on one of the plants and maybe 1 flower!!! Did you plant them too deep? Peonies don't do as well if they're too deep
Helping the world one seed at a time When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
diane, is that dew plant in a pot? I've never seen one.
kenny, the purple plant is a lorepedlum (spelling?). I noticed today that they are gigantic. The more I prune the more they grow sun or shade.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Diane - your clematis are beautiful!!! And your dew plant flowers look just like ice plant flowers, but the leaves are different.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Thanks Lynne,, and they DO put on in mind of the ice plant bloom, Sheri the dew plant is in a three tiered hanging pot Kinda like a strawberry pot but the sections ( Tiers) come apart, I have it sitting not hanging It's pretty heavy since it's full of soil.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
Diane - your clematis are beautiful!!!
And your dew plant flowers look just like ice plant flowers, but the leaves are different. gee Lynne--I was thinking those same things as well. 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 545 |
Steve
Getting ripped off is common here also.
We lost $40,000 dollars due to a bankrupt place. Another $8,000 to a person who didnt deliver a Silo for animal feed.
I can fo on an on .......Rip off is common here, and now the economy isnt helping at all.
We feel your pain. Hope with GOd and Faith you will survive......And gumption, and guts.
GOod luck
dodge Thanks, dodge. Thankfully we that puts our small problems in perspective! Nobody has ripped us off that much!
Eternity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Your Clematis and Baby Sun rose are terrific, Diane! Where Maxi and I lived in the cottage when we first moved to this town, we had a lovely and huge Peony right by our front stairs. The owner told me that his Grandfather had planted it at least 40 years before! And that plant was huge and bloomed like crazy. We lived there for 6 years and I never tired of watching it do its thing. It was a total no-care plant! Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
sweet smelling privette bush that makes me sneeze ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21980737/363286982.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
I usually like the pink peonies but these white are so big and fluffy I couldn't resist. ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363580290.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363580281.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Dang you........White in bloom .. KNow what , I never cut one off to put in a vase..lol
This time I will..Hope my newbie gets like that.. Do you get ants on them?
b
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
Yes, I do have ants all over them. I bring them in the house all the time for the fragrance.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
You will not believe this story.. I love the smell , but cant bring the smelly ones in .......We are both allergic to the perfumey smells. I brought a orange rose in last summer. We both got such headaches , I had to put it outside to look at ..LOL TOday I went to the bank, and the lady waiting on me , had on perfume. I was sneezing .. I have to buy no scent laundry soap and face soap. b
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
I'm with you on that dodge but peonies don't bother me for some reason. Irises set me off sneezing and coughing for sure but not peonies.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
But I am not throwing the orange rose bush out. lol b
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Here are some of the things I have blooming right now. Giant red tulip. Not a great picture but this tulip is over 2 feet tall and the head is a good six inches of petals. ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture005.jpg) Strawberries and cream tulips ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture008.jpg) My personal favorite. I look forward to these every year. Queen of the night tulips. ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture006.jpg)
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Just 3 more. I can't remember what these ones are called but they are so bright and I love the double petals. ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture009.jpg) Daffodils. The centers of these were supposed to be pink but they've always bloomed more of an orange. Except this year they look more pink don't they? ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture010.jpg) Who is that hiding among the flower? ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture007.jpg)
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
Cheryl I love your tulips----My favorite is the "Queen of Night Tulips". and of course I love the Daffodils also---- but they all are beautiful pictures.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Thank you! I can't wait for my new rose bushes to start blooming too!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
OOH new rose bushes---what kind do you have??? We will get pictures, right???
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Your tulips are particularly lovely, Cheryl.
Poenies need ants to bloom.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Beautiful tulips.
Queen does win ..
I have the same daffy , an they call it pink .Could fool me.
Keep the prettys coming..
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Carol, I have no idea what kind. All I know is that one of them is pink and "antique-y" looking and that the other one is a dark red/maroon shade. As soon as they start to bloom I'll get pics and hopefully identify what kind I have, I know there are lots. Thank you Merme and Dodge. I love seeing them bloom every year.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
lovely. I vote for that Queen too. Gorgeous.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
I love the strawberries and cream and the Queen and the double petaled and the daff,, Did I say I love all of them??  Very very pretty,, and I spy a couple of willy's there
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
WOW Sooooooooo Nice I love the two colors together
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
this little hill with the hollies will be gone tomorrow ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/363683602.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Oooh, I really like that Sheri! Very pretty! Diane, those willies are my favorite. They've been playing the same game of checkers for ages though.  They also mark the grave of our pet snake George.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Was that a doggie crossing the road?
I love the orangies too........
Is that the willie?
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
my first pink cone flower of the season,, ![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/pinkconeflower.jpg)
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
beautiful coneflower Diane. Mine are coming up too.
yes, that's my doggie crossing the road and all that in that picture is going to be cut down by the state this week.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
my first pink cone flower of the season,, Beautiful, Diane---and the name of this coneflower would be.........?????
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Carol I only know it as Pink Cone flower,
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
alrighty then----I will keep my eyes out (IF and WHEN I get to be taken to a nursery or 2  I plan on buying a flower or 2 for planting when the girls come and weed my flower beds for me. 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Coneflowers are so pretty, got to get me some of those for next year. I have two more blooms. The first one is called "blue heron" tulip, I just like the fringed edges. ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture004-1.jpg) This calla lily was given to me last fall and here is its first bloom in my garden! ![[Linked Image]](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/chermoni/Picture002-1.jpg)
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
very pretty pictures (and flowers) Cheryl.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Love those Cheryl!
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Gorgous..
The first tulip looks like mine but no fringe
Keep going. Good job.....
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
pretty flowers cheryl. that tulip is gorgeous.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
this is the reason I can't understand why people want to plant honeysuckle. It smells good but takes over. ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/364536335.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
the nigella are very short this year. ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/364536311.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Beautiful Sheri I love that Blue!!!!
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Dbl petaled White Hollyhocks![[Linked Image]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/flowers2009/Dblpetaledwhitehollyhock.jpg)
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
gosh Diane, that is beautiful. How do you keep them from spreading everywhere?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Uhhhhhhh I don't do anything and it doesn't spread
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Sheri, I too love that blue! Diane, those Hollyhocks are beautiful! Does honeysuckle maybe not spread in all areas? Here, I would never plant blackberries.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Diane Beautiful hollyh. I never liked them much and that one I do. I planted yellow doubles last fall and none came up/??????? However something else grew like bananas?? Well see b
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255 Likes: 33 |
I guess honeysuckle doesn't spread everywhere in the world Cheryl. It's like a weed here. Blackberries spread here too. Diane, Hollyhocks multiply like crazy in this area. People have entire fields of them. Maybe the doubles are special.
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,554
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|