Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#275682 Apr 20th, 2009 at 05:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
My husband had to go to Home Depot on the way home from work tonight, and while he was there he got me a present. Because I have had severe tendonitis in both arms for several months now, he got me this 2 handed trowel - COOL! The knob on the front of the handle is to be held by the hand that is not the strong hand, so that one is digging with both and putting the body into it instead of the hand and wrist on one side.

It even has markings on the top of the trowel in inches so that one can see how deep they are digging - VERY COOL!!!

[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #275683 Apr 20th, 2009 at 06:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
That is an awesome gift, Lynne. It looks like it could be helpful to arthritis sufferers also. Congrats!


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #275686 Apr 20th, 2009 at 06:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034
Likes: 38
Wow---I am impressed--that is one way cool gift---- clap
Not to mention it is a very thoughtful and helpful gift---

Don has many points in my book now!!!!! thumbup


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #275688 Apr 20th, 2009 at 06:26 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
That is a great thing. I didn't know such a thing existed.



Bestofour #275733 Apr 21st, 2009 at 04:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
Originally Posted by Bestofour
That is a great thing. I didn't know such a thing existed.

shock Me either!,,
Lynne that was very thoughtful of Don,, Like Carol said,, He get's Many Kudo's In my book too! :wink: thumbup
Have you use it yet?? If so,, How does it feel working with it??


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #275828 Apr 21st, 2009 at 02:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Lynne, does the pain keep you from doing your knitting and beading?



Bestofour #275864 Apr 21st, 2009 at 06:40 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Thanks everyone!

Diane, it rained all day today, so I haven't tested it out yet, but this Saturday is supposed to be in the 80's. I will use it then for sure!

Sheri - unfortunately, the tendonitis has kept me from knitting - I haven't done any since the middle of January. It's very difficult seeing all the yarn in this room everyday and not being able to use it! The hand therapist told me to try not to knit until after summer!!! I don't know if I will be able to wait until then. But my arms still hurt even though my therapy sessions have ended. I do think it's because I am gardening once again, so I will have to take it easier with that as well.

As for beading, I do a little bit every now and then. Not nearly as much as when I started back in winter.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #277482 Apr 29th, 2009 at 05:06 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
have you used it yet Lynne?? I was at home depot yesterday and I didn't see one,, I thought I'd get my Mom one as part of her Mother's day Gift, I'll go to a different HD and look there!


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,554
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1