Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning wavy
mannnn I can't get motivated this morning. I stayed up wayyyyyy too late. I just couldn't sleep, but I still got up early. I've finished a pot of coffee , did a load of laundry. Now my body says" your Done" lol . I have a lot to do today , yesterday I was lazy so I have a lot to make up for egad
As I sit here typing I look out my window and see a red throated hummingbird at the window feeder,, And Yes you guessed it the camera is in the another room,, rolz. Oh Wellllll He'll be back, :wink: .
We've gotten a lot of rain,, the back S.W. corner of the yard is like a swamp, and more rain is expected today.
okay someone tell me to go get busy tapfoot * I'd better go make more coffee* idea

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
You need a day off once in a while Diane and rain is a good excuse. But I'm like you. When you only have 2 days off work I feel compelled to be doing something around the house every minute. Johnny tells me I'm the busiest person he's every known. I would love to be able to sit and not think about what I should be doing.

We got some rain last night too. I can't believe I'm saying that we needed it after it rained every day during the winter but we did need it.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yep two days isn't enough time to get all I need to get done,, DONE,, but I'm just tired, zoink ,, Who came up with the two day weekend any way,,, I propose the law change it to 3 day weekends, notme so we could just rest on one of those days. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I got the ham bone and beans cooking and I finally woke Maxi up at 9:15... he couldn't believe he'd slept in so late! lol I made his hot breakfast, using the baked potatoes I made last night. He's going to get the last of laundry started before he goes out bike riding with his friends.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Well I still haven't done anything lol except put my clothes in the dryer and another load in the washer,, ,, Dwight is cooking dinner today,, smothered steak,, so I can scratch that off my list to do's thumbup
Merme If I have left over baked potatoes I cut them up and add diced onion and bell pepper and a beaten egg and quick fry in very little oil for breakfast,, yummmmmmm. Sometimes if I have mashed potato's I boil an extra cut up potato just so I can reserve it for breakfast the next day,, saves a lot of time cooking it in the morning.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The boys didn't bike for long. They are here, sitting on the couch playing their DS's and watching the military channel on tv.

The ham bone pot surely is smelling fine!

Yup, Diane, I often cook extra potato in the evening just so's I have some for morning. We like them just about any way there is to cook them! This morning Maxi was interested in leftovers, so I just opened up the bakers, added toppings from last night and stuck it in the microwave to heat through while I fried his egg and then I put it on top. A messy bowl, but a good 'un.

I REALLY have to go through my closet and figure out something to wear for Tuesday. I have an important meeting and after that, a social engagement, so I do have to dress up.... but my warm weather wardrobe is seriously lacking! I could open an boutique with my cold weather clothes, but I dunno what happened to my summer wardrobe!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Ted just opened his birthday gifts. He is 15 today. My baby is growing up.
I am on my way out to shop for a few things for the coming week. Another busy one is on the way.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
flwr Happy Birthday Ted! flwr

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
afternoon, all.

I'm making beans today with some left over ham drippings. it smells so good already!

wow, diane. your breakfast sounds yummy!

the neighbor kid is here AGAIN! I swear that kid would live here if we never sent him home. he's a good kid, but there are days (like today) I'd rather him not be here. I told him a while back to at least wait till noon before he comes down. that was a battle for him to 'remember'. he's doing better. he at least waits till around eleven now.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Cricket ~

We too have a couple of Maxi's friends who seem to be semi-permanent residents! lol I think for them the issue is that their mom's are not at home and they like being in a house w/ a mom around.

We had our ham bone bean soup for lunch. It was so yummy!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
yea, merme. same here. the parents are never around. sometimes they'll call down here for him and tell him they are going out to eat or something, and he'll tell them no he doesn't want to go. I'm thinking GO!

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It's always tough when as a neighbor you must parent other children... finding that balance between what is good for your family & what is good for the child in question.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I've gotta get out of this wheel chair for a while and S T R E T C H, so I'll see you all later.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy Happy Sunday! I'm finally out of bed and just finished making some coffee. Had a late night watching the boys play video games. So exciting to watch, better than a movie. I'll be starting on breakfast soon, eggs benedict today, a house favorite. Still waiting for my boyfriend to wake up but if I start breakfast now he should be awake by the time breakfast is done. The only other thing I need to do today is go shopping for my dinner. I haven't decided what I want to eat for dinner for the next couple of days but I'm leaning towards turkey casserole. I think I'll hit the sewing machine first and do the shopping later, I hate shopping on weekends when it's super busy so I'd rather wait until later tonight and shop when there are less people there.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
I've been in and out... but wasn't concious enough to post - barely awake enough to read... Mom decided to be awake last night again... was anxious about something- ended up giving her a pain pill to help her calm down and sleep... she was still up at 6 so I was awake a lot too... I did take a nap after she ate breakfast... and we did just did her shower and lunch--- I am almost human now... maybe... she has a doc appt next week so hoping we can change meds or dosages or get something a little stronger to help her sleep better...

Its nice here today, sun is out and someone is mowing their grass outside...
our grass needs it too but everytime Joe is off it has been raining... this week it is supposed to be really nice though so it will get done...
well off to take my shower and get busy with some bed stripping and washing- really needs to be done.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I've been having a lazy day today. I just now realized I didn't even shower yet today! haha. sometimes I intentionally put off showering in the morning if I'm not going anywhere, but I honestly can't remember a time when I've just not even thought about it in the first place. egad

my beans are about done, but I'm waiting on hubby to go and get some milk so I can make the cornbread. I think I'll try and motivate myself and go and work in the garden a bit. I chopped up a potato and a small squash and threw in with the beans. I'm sure I will get some eye rolls for that one, but it just sounded good to me. bow

Last edited by cricket; May 3rd, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
oh, and I was also gonna say we need to mow here too. I'm fighting this stopped up ear thing again so I really don't think I need to be around fresh cut grass. my alergies are bad enough already. I DO love that smell though!

Cricket

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh I love the smell of fresh mowed grass too,,,,, I'm glad I don't have allergies.
I've never know anyone to put potato's and squash in bean soup ,, But if you like it,, alllllllllllrighty then! grin

Closing this CH

**********************CLOSED********************************

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,892
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image