Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
this evening when I got home from work...around 5:30 it was too hot to sit on the porch....which is my favorite passtime. anyway, we don't usually get THAT hot of weather until july and august!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi all, rained all day here again. My windshield leaked and my seat got wet, hate it when that happens but at least I noticed it before I sat in it. We just got done with dinner here and we are now winding down for the evening.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
night night all.....my recliner is full of clean laundry! rolz
gonna fold and stack away, then hit the sac.

later wavy

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
G'night Cricket!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
If you are still around G'nite Cricket--sleep well.

and I will not pay for anything on line either--and only my mail order meds are paid for over the phone. It is the mail and a check for us. I am like Tina--I am not a trusting sole either.

Is anyone around yet or is everyonwe sleeping??

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'm still here. I pay for things online all the time. Except my phone bill, they have a really easy pay by phone feature. My internet I pay online and we order things from amazon on a regular basis. Never had a problem. However, when strangers come knocking on my door I pretend I'm not home.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am hanging around.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm here... trying to get used to this new keyboard.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi Cheryl, Tina & Merme---I hope you all are doing well tonight----

Did you get a new keyboard, merme???

How are you all doing tonight??

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, I got a new keyboard. Mine had a few keys that barely worked any more. Someone gave my EX two very nice keyboards, so he gave me one and kept one. Then as soon as he'd given me this one, he spilled a full drink on his new one and fried the thing, so he had to go out a buy a new new one! yikes

I would have given him this one back but I'd already plugged it in and threw the old one out.

But I was familiar with the old one and could go like lightning even with the obstinate keys. This one feels strange under my fingers.

I'm doing pretty good tonight, though. I ate a little something and am taking it easy because my back is aching. Tomorrow I see the doc for it and then I'll do better.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am glad that yo ugot a new keyboard, merme--I am sure it will be just like it has always been there in no time--sorry aobut your EX's mishap though.

So sorry about your back pain---I understand that----I am glad that you will see the dr for it tomorrow though--- shots

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I hate to run but I have some things to attend to (the dog, etc) before I call it a night.--Sleep well my friends. wavy

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good night, Carol Jean. Rest well.

I am going to make some coffee I've been waiting for all day. Then I will browse the forum.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
I am in just in time to say good night... watching CSI New York and need to go clean up the kitchen- Joe cooker burgers outside so won't be hard.. he is having a bad allergy attack right now and took a benadryl so he will be going to bed soon... he is pretty miserable right now.
It's been beautiful today- 75* still - we have the house opened up and it feels so really nice...Joe put my glider swing up today... will make it easier to be outside with the kids for me--- I can sit out there now with my laptop ... LOL!
We are planning to redo our front area by the house this ye- we cut down the aspen tree that died last fall , so now it's in full sun most of the day so I can do more with that area now- and my tulips didn't do well there this yr at all- only 2 bloomed and the late snow did them in... I am going to put in something really colorful I think- we have to take out all the woodchips and landscape fabric and redo all that- will be our next day off project....
Well off to do the kitchen ... run the dishwasher... and go to bed too...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Hi friends! I know I am always gone. I am just staying off the puter more with the nice weather.
I am going to pick all your brains for ideas on what to do with 3 beds that need lots of filling. And one other area. I have to take pics. will try to do that today if it does not rain.
Off to work out, will try to check in more. HAve a super duper day all! kissie

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Has anyone heard from Belinda lately? I'm going to email her.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning! wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning all,
The sun is out and the birds are singing- beautiful day today.... poor hubby is still suffering with his allergies but won't use his netipot to help ... I love mine-!
I should be getting boys in a few to feed while Carrie takes Joseph to school... Mom just got up to so I need to get her meds to her and get the first meal of the day started for all of them-- got blueberry pancakes on hand- want some? Coffee is good too- just had my cup ...in my eyeore mug- may need another one to keep me going today.....
Back soon after the breakfast rush!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I am furious. 3 weeks ago my husband and I went to Christenbury Eye Associates in Charlotte to get our eyes examined. Since I started needing a reading glass I've had 3 pair from them because I can get decent frames and an unlined biofocal because I only need the close up. They put class in the top and I don't have to look over the top of them or take them on and off all the time. When I first got glasses and didn't have the bifocal I was constantly taking them on and off at work to start IV's or read medication instructions and the ear pieces wouldn't stay tight. Johnny only needs far vision.

Anyway, the techs told both of us that our prescription had changed very little and if we didn't want new glasses we really didn't need them but they gave us a new prescription because we both wanted updated frames.

So we picked up or glasses day before yesterday and neither of us can see out of them. I keep trying to wear mine and keep getting a headache because I think they've put a prescription in the far vision too. Johnny put his on and couldn't see the TV from the other side of the room and hasn't tried to wear his again.

We both see better with our old prescription so I called them and told them we want our old prescription in our new frames. Can't be done.

The first guy I talked too told me we need to wear them 3 to 4 weeks to get used to them. How crazy is that. Not be able to see or have a headached for 3 to 4 weeks?????

The 2nd woman I talked too said we need to come in and be examined again. It's been 3 weeks since the last exam. I don't want another exam. Just give me my old prescription in my new frames please.

Today a woman called me back and said it's against the law to give a prescription if that's not what the exam shows. So we're being forced to keep glasses we can't see out of? Does that make sense?

I've asked to have Dr. Christenbury call me back himself. No one else.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
that is rediculous how do they even know if you were given the correct prescriptions---they could of gotten the prescriptions mixed up--or you could of been examined wrong---ANY place I have ever been to fixed my glasses the minute I said it was not right-- checked them both me & the glasses for FREE--as it is now how do you know that the glasses are right???

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Actually I know that the glasses are not right because I can't see out of them without getting a headache. Everything is blurry. It is crazy.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
could you call back and threaten to report them or tell ALL your friends and realtives & everyone you meet NOT to go there???---that is just wrong!!

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Sheri ,
Did they give you a copy of your prescription... if so take it to another doc an ask them to check and see if your glasses were made correctly... I bet they put your hubby scrip in your frames and yours in his... my hubby and I had that happen once... course we knew it right away and they redid them right then- I need my glasses to just walk around- and his are basically reading glasses ... big difference in our needs... it's against the law to make you pay for something you can't wear too- !
Nana--

Ps never had a opthamologist tell me I had to get used to glasses... they are right or not...

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sheri take both pairs of glasses back to the office. Free of charge they can simply put them in the machine (lensometer) and double check to make sure the lenses were ground correctly. Sometimes mistakes are made. It isn't a bad Rs, necessarily, it could be a bad grinding.

When I worked for the large opthalmology practice in OH, we always told people to bring their glasses back after getting the prescription filled so we could double check that they were perfect.... we kept the lensometer right at the front desk too so we could do quick checks whenever anyone would walk in the door. We never insited they have an appointment for a check like that.

"Getting used to" only applies to people who are learning bifocs for the first time. Some people have a hard time learning where to put their eyes when walking. But once they figure out which part of the lens to use for what, they are happy with them.

In no instance should a pair of glasses cause headache or blurry vision. That is NOT something you need to "get used to".

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,949
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image