Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#26435 Apr 19th, 2007 at 08:43 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
I have an aloe vera plant, kept outdoors all the time, that I have had for 5 years, The plant seems to be healthy, but....the tips of the leaves/stems are turning brown, just on the very tips. I water once a week, about a cup of water, nothing added. I was hoping someone could help me determine why the tips are turning brown and what I can do to remedy the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

McCoy78023 #28035 Apr 20th, 2007 at 09:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 731
500 Posts
500 Posts
Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 731
Talk about how much sun it gets and what size/kind of pot it's in please. Quite possibly it wants more water seasonally. If it gets a lot of sun (which it likes) you are growing it "hard." This approximates its natural growing conditions in the Canary Islands. Plants in nature are rarely, if ever, perfect. Brown leaf tips (just the tips) happen in most aloe species and don't mean a whole lot in a larger plant/clump of plants that are healthy and growing. Does it flower? How humid is your area of Texas?


May God bless the WHOLE world!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,589
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1