Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Cindy? Shirley? Are you two still awake? haha

dave
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
(I stole your coffee while you weren't looking, angelblossom!)

dave
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
STILL awake??? We only got up a little bit ago....hey Cindy, is it nap time yet!!! haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Diane, what are you doing with yourself today?

We should get out in the yard today and get some work done!! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by peppereater
(I stole your coffee while you weren't looking, angelblossom!)

lol there is plenty for everyone lol

Good morning Dave,, Cindy and Shirley grin wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning all,
I am in a for a minute to say yes to cream in my coffee - I had mine at 6, then did a little cleaning of my messy kitchen and now I am heading to a shower so then I can feed Mom and get us all ready to go soon.... hubby was up on roof fixing the loose gutter already today too...I need to get the beans over to Carrie's before church time too so they will be piping hot for later... I stayed up last night and did the ironing I knew I would be way to tired to do tonight but was a have to get done thing...
Well off to give Mom her second set of meds and me into the shower .... it's supposed to be low 70's today and nice.... so far it is- few clouds but sun is out and birds are singing.... YaY!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Who takes coffee with cream?

I do,- I do,- and sugar too!!!!! thumbup

Good morning!!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Your weather sounds ideal for a family day, Nana.
I was up at 4 but went back to bed. No one was here. I take my coffee naked, no additives unless it is too hot. Then I might add cold water or a touch of ice. But I don't like iced coffee either. The only 'cream' I may use once or twice a year is Bailey's.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I take french vanilla cream in my coffee. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking that now. You are all a bunch of early birds! Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm way over west. Weather looks nice today. Not sure what we're going to do, if anything. I'd like to get outside with my camera and do some photography. Will have to see if Aros is up to it. He was talking about it yesterday so we'll see. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to get outside and get a handle on the weeds before they get a handle on me. Again. Looks like some of the seeds I planted I coming in, my new rose bushes are leafing up good, don't see any buds yet though but I'll keep an eye on them. My stargazers now have buds and my chocolate cosmo survived our crazy winter. Tomorrow it's back to work, booo! I should also be getting my car back tomorrow, assuming my mechanic figured out what was wrong with it and was able to fix it.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am having lunch delivered (It is so nice to have a driving teen). Then I think a nap is in order.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
we had sloppy joes and chip and dip for lunch. hubby's mom and dad showed up this morning with a car full of groceries???? it was sweet, but have no idea why they did that. the lady gets wild hairs now and then.
I had, had some hamburger meat thawing in the fridge for a couple of days and couldn't decide what I wanted to make with it. it seems it's always hamburgers, tacos, or meatloaf. so when I saw she had brought us some sloppy joe mix.....problem solved! it was a refreshing change.

if you get out with your camera today, cheryl, post a 'summertime' pic in the summer time photo thread.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Not too summery here today. I did post a couple pics up in blooming fine though.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I'm home from our fun day; Maxi is at his dad's.

Church was great and the picnic afterwards was terrific. Maxi went in the "wading pool" -- along with all the other kids -- and nobody had either changes of clothes or towels! lol

It was a beautiful day here on the coast... warm and breezy... perfect picnic weather.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Glad to hear you had a great day Merme!

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sounds wonderful, merme! thumbup

it's five here now. wondering if it's cool enough yet to head outside and do some work (or just some sitting and admiring) in the garden.

we finished the first chapter of the first twilight book just now. I had to sit on the kidos once again to make them stop playing long enough to listen but once I was finished.... questions, comments, and speculations were a flying! they are listening and interested, it seems!

I'm glad I found this book. I love to read aloud to them but they are getting older and finding stuff that interests BOTH of them are getting harder to find.

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
In my family we don't mind a parent (or older sibling) reading aloud different books to different children because of differences in ages and/or interest. It creates a special "mom & me" time, also.

The last book my sister Ro read aloud to me was when I was 15 and she was 18... she read Johnny Tremain, finishing it just before leaving for college.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by jonni13

I am missing Jiffy. She is off on a weekend junket with the Lions Club. But she should be home tomorrow and we can catch up then.

thanks tina. missed our chats too, but boy was i busy.

our days started at 6 and ended between 11 and midnight. it was scott's first venture to a state meeting. he had a good time though. we all did. and ellie was the bell of the ball. i only have 2 pictures to post, but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

scott and i did decide we are going to go back for a vacation. just a day or two. if anyone wants to look it up, it is jekyll island, ga. a beautiful place grin

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
and, if anyone is wondering how i found that, i still read every post written, just don't post much lol

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sounds like a nice time jiff.

wishing everyone a wonderful week.
Adios!

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
... she read Johnny Tremain, finishing it just before leaving for college.

Merme

thumbup ....memories.

(that's why I like to do it!(

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome home. Jiffy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thanks cricket and tina. it was a great time. we will skip next year's, but in 2012 it is in savannah. that will be fun too thumbup

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Your current hometown. Very nice.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
yes. kate and i were talking about how many different ways we could go and make it affordable. we are thinking we will do like we did this time, split the hotel room, just to have it to crash at if a nap is needed or too much hospitality happens at the hospitality rooms :wink:

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hello,
Nana is back from the party and a nap... we had a wonderful time at the party... and the baptisim was really nice... everyone did what they were supposed to and there were not tears at all..Carrie got pics so will get some from her... I got a couple too and will work on getting them here tomorrow... the boys both got bibles and you should have seen Nicoli putting his in his pocket.. then taking it out and reading it... he would turn it over in his hands ,make sure it was right side up and then "read" it... he was just to cute...
The food all turned out good and Carrie has enought to last for at least 3 more meals... everyone loved it so was worth all our hard work getting it done and all... even Mom had a good time ... even got her to eat more than she usually does.... we got home and I sat down and guess I just crashed... woke up about an hour ago.. joe went to bed too... I had to get Mom to eat a little something and take her meds .. soon as it's time for her last pills I am heading for bed to sleep for the night- all this planning- cooking and eating and partying has worn me out..... was worth it though the boys just loved it - and turned out really good.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like a happy day was had by all, Nana. You deserved a nap. You worked hard for it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Just ducking in before I begin my day--I have PT again this morning, so I need to go jump in the shower soon.

Nana sounds like you had a full but rewarding day!! I am glad it turned out so well.--I am glad for all of you.

I'll try to check back in later today. wavy

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I sure hope you schedule in some happy time into your birthday, Carol. Have a wonderful day.
Today I am taking my dog into the vet for regular vet stuff. He is a little behind in a couple of things. It has been weighing on my mind. It will be nice to be caught up there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks we did have a good time... nice when things just "work" out well like that... I am still tired today... think I will try and do as little as possible ... have to do some stuff but rest can wait... Carol you have a wonderful time today too...
Tina sounds like you are getting nicely caught up with your to do's... always nice when that list gets things crossed off... got mine out this morning for getting ready for vacation... don't think I will be doing much about it today... I think I will have the boys sometime today... beyond that and Mom I don't have much ambition.

Have a good day!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody! wavy

I woke up 20 minutes late today to discover my girl wasn't here! yikes On a Monday... a terrible day to call off. They sent someone else who of course got here as soon as possible but it still made for a short shift because she came late and had to leave early due to a prior commitment. But even at that, we did get a lot of things done, so I'm glad.

Tomorrow is another busy day. I have to drop off Maxi's healthcare form at his doc's office so they can fill it in and FAX it to his camp. Then I am picking him up from school and taking him shopping for swim trunks and other camp needs.

Today though, is dialysis.

Nana I'm glad things went so beautifully with the baptisms. That Nicoli sure is darling. Rest up so you are not too tired for vacation!

See you all later!

Last edited by Merme; Jun 8th, 2009 at 07:46 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I took my dog to the vet this morning to get him caught up on his shots. We had let him lag a bit with everything else going on. He is petrified at the vets. I will take the new puppy, Klutz, later this week. I couldn't have handled both. My 45 pound scaredy dog is a handful on his own.
Someone dumped a puppy at my daughter's empty rental house behind locked gates. She looks to be a dachshund mix with German shepherd coloring. She is a sweety. I don't want her but brought her home to care for until I can find a more suitable home for her. Jonni named her Klutz as she is under 6 months old and puppy clumsy. The kids and my 9 year old dog have been having fun with her. But I just don't feel I can do justice to really training a puppy through its chewing stages right now. I hope if I get her her shots and spayed that I can find a more suitable place for her. And I can work on any bad manners until then.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Tina, you are such a good person to take in that poor puppy! I hope you can find a good home for her. James' sister's dog (which is Libby's sister) will be having puppies at the end of this week. I said that I wouldn't be able to go over there because I won't be able to resist bringing home a puppy. lol

How is everyone?? Life is busy here. School is out but that brings on more activities it seems. Tristen has 3 birthday parties to go to in the next 2 weeks, he plays ball, we have many family picnics coming up and I'm sure much more. Tristen is already missing his friends from school so we have been lining up play dates and such. He had a friend over for most of the day yesterday which was nice. Since he is an only child he plays by himself most of the time or with mom and dad and he gets tired of that. lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I was saving my eldest daughter. She is always heart-broken when a dog has to go to our kill pound. She has 3 rescue dogs and a mess of cats she cares for already. This is the third puppy dropped on her in the last 3 months. And I think this pup is a bit too old for the local BARK rescue association to take on and find a home for. They really like the young ones because they are easier to find the families for.
My kids' last day of school is on Wednesday. Jonni will walk for graduation Wed night. Ted will go back for summer session on July 6th for a month. Jonni was accepted for an internship with the city schools as an aide. But I think she will turn that down to stick around and help me a bit this summer and I am just as glad. I need the babysitting help so I can accomplish some of my goals. And she wants the kick-back time before deciding on what she wants to do next. She has been wonderful and helpful around here. Jonni has vague ideas of getting a house with some of her friends. Or traveling. Or.....
In other words, she doesn't know what she wants to do when she grows up.
I am OK with that. A year off to get it together is something she can afford. She won't be 18 until the end of August.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thank you for rescuing that abandoned puppy, Tina. It is terrible for anyone to toss a dog into a helpless situation. I'm glad you were able to help him out, Klutz or not! lol

It's nice that Jonni isn't under any pressure right now to DO something. Unfortunately, some kids do get pushed before they even know what the next step should be or even what they might want to do. It is good she is a help to you & Ted.

Jess it sounds like Tristan has some nice doings underfoot.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good deal on rescuing that puppy, tina. I don't see how people can dump animals. it is so heartless!
the dumped puppy we recently took in, is concerning me with his nipping. he's part healer and likes to nip at people he doesn't know. we've been watching him very closly around people he doesn't know and getting on to him when he nips. another crazy thing that's been happening with ditchy, the healer pup, is he seems to be 'playing' with the deer around here. several times in the past couple of weeks we see the dogs chasing a deer and the deer chasing them back. it seems like they are 'playing'? who knows? I"m just wondering if ditchy is hearding them around. poor thing is gonna get kicked soon!

how was dialisys, merme? your poking around the coffee house early this afternoon, it seems.

Cricket

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hi all, we'll school is out and dance is over and I felt too bad today to even take a walk, maybe tomorrow I'll gfeel better

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
gosh Belinda. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. You've certainly had your ills lately.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Mumbling Good morning. First cup. I am going to work today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image