Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Mumbleing along with you Tina, I don't want to be awake..... why does it have to be morning already........ coffee...... banana muffins and more coffee...... maybe I will wake up soon...... Maybe.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am getting there. I think I am ready to get my second cup rolling and pack a lunchbox for my son.
The weather here is wonderfully cool. I will be begging for this weather back in a month from now right on through most of October. They were talking a possible El Nino year and I hope it is for the rains we get. Of course that brings along some problems of its own in too much rain but I kind of like that problem sometimes. And the mountain looming up behind my house has good green cover to keep it in place. So not so worried about mud slides.
I have hillside weeding to do. And other stuff that is backed up and awaiting my attention. Including a newly broken water pipe needing my repair skills. I can do it, I really can, although it looks pretty overwhelming right now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everyone! wavy

A rainy day here on the coast. It has been a remarkably quiet one for me. I'd had plans to fetch Maxi and take him shopping for his camp gear but they called first thing this morning to tell me he'd been up sick during the night.

As it turns out, he hasn't been taking his tummy medicine, so, we had a small chat about that. Now we've plans to go shopping on Thursday.

So I'm hanging out, paying bills, reading, listening to classical music. It is nice to be at loose ends for a day.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sounds like you are having a good day, Merme. Good for you! Sorry to hear that Maxi wasn't feeling well. Hope he gets over it soon!

I am working right now and then Tristen has ball tonight. Another cold night sitting out at ball. I am tempted to wear a stocking cap. lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Go for it. You live where you can get away with it, Jess. I never took off my long sleeved sweat shirt today. It was that chilly. Even when doing some manual labor. And I just added wood to the wood stove. I am really grubby and need a shower. I like it warmish when I get out.
I am home. I worked hard and picked up Teddy early. I was hoping that my new modem would be here when I got here. But Verizon tracking has it being delivered at 3:28 this afternoon. That is a full 48 hours after the 24-48 hours it was supposed to get here by. That was a convoluted sentence because I have a convoluted brain right now. I hope it is understandable.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Wow Tina... I must have a convulted brain too cause I got it....LOL!
Got boys now- they found a game cube game at home when they cleaned their room the other day- they just ran up stairs to play it.... oh well - guess I will see them when they get hungry.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
OK, got my new modem and I am connected on my own computer. Jonni's wireless is ready for her to connect when she decides it is time to take it back. I just have to tell her the password if I feel like it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I know I have a couple good days followed by a couple bad days then a couple of days that I just feel like resting and sleeping all day, the doctor says nothing's wrong with me. That I just push my self too hard on the good days

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze
I know I have a couple good days followed by a couple bad days then a couple of days that I just feel like resting and sleeping all day, the doctor says nothing's wrong with me. That I just push my self too hard on the good days

Belinda: sorry to hear of how you are feeling---I'm not a Dr. But I dont't know if I agree with what your says, but I will hope he is right. Take care.

I am just popping in here to say "Hi" to everyone before I begin my day. This morning, I need to go and take care of some business for my MIL. Then I will be home as I need to do some wash, and then get ready for my Drs appt. (just a check-up) tomorow. I hope to catch you guys later. have a good morning. wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I would be looking for a second opinion too, Belinda.
Today I am taking life very easy. A little cleaning is called for. Because people are coming over before Jonni's graduation ceremonies. But I have absolutely no big plans. And that feels good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all
Just a quick hello- got to get Mom breakfast and meds... boys may be coming- or Joseph may keep them today too... he is sure beimg good about watching them... and he told his Mom he would learn how to do laundry too- in such a big family that would help a lot... she must do 25 loads a week at least... not counting bedding...
Its a mice cool morning here today in the 70's for the high for us... going to go cut some flowers for the table- will have a couple days to enjoy them before we leave and will help them grow some new ones...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
We sure will miss you when you are gone, Nana. But I hope you get a lot of rest and relaxation too. Joseph doing laundry would be a huge help. I started my kids on laundry lessons very early. Even Teddy has laundry jobs that are his.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well Tina I am taking my laptop so I will be here - my BIL has a wireless capability so I can get my GH fix too..
My kids learned how to do laundry early too- about age 10 so this is late for Joseph... he needs to be more helpful... Carrie had to teach her hubby how to do it too..his Mom didn't teach him how either.... but he does help out now... not as much as he should but at least he knows how now... I gave all the kids jobs here at my house too- starting about age 3- they do them at home now too... you don't do kids any favors by doing it all for them... or their future wives or husbands...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
We are having very cool, drizzly wet, foggy weather today. Jonni's graduation ceremonies are outdoor ones in the school's football stadium. Oops!
She took off at 7 this morning for rehearsal. Not long after I heard that there was a multi-vehicle pile-up on the local freeway. Got my attention fast but when I got more details it was in a different direction than she needed to go. I can breathe again.
So I get my stuff together leisurely to go out and get my stuff done, mail out and collecting incoming, banking, etc. A neighbor says, "You aren't planning on going out in that are you?" I looked over to the freeways that I can see from my home and saw traffic stopped as far as the eye can see (in fog). No, there is nothing I need that can't wait. I could get out just fine. I just couldn't get back in. What began as a 15 car pile up has grown into a 50+ car and truck thing on a main thoroughfare. The side roads heading towards my home are totally blocked with people looking for a way around. There is no way around at this point.
I also called Jonni to let her know that getting here may be hard to impossible until much later. I hope she stays safe out there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
What time are the ceremonies, Tina? Will you be able to get out to get to it? Stay safe!!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It starts at 6 pm, but guests are to be seated by 5:45. The traffic is moving now, slowly but moving is good. So it should be fine for Jonni's aunt and uncle coming up from San Diego. And for her sister who is also planning on attending. Parking is going to be a nightmare. Actually the paper we got said parking was going to be a "challenge". We will probably have to park on a side street a mile away. If that is the case I cannot go. Ted can't walk far on his bad knees. But I will give it every effort.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Can somebody drop you and Ted off and go park the car? Hopefully you can figure something out so you don't have to miss it!! Congrats to Jonni! I'm sure you are proud of her!

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi~ wavy

I hope you didn't freeze too thoroughly at Tristan's game, Jess.

I'm not sure I understand what is going on about Jonni's graduation, but I so hope it all works out beautifully for everyone.

Nana when you are leaving for your trip?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm bored. In a while I'll go for a short bike ride.

Waiting for fall...
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sorry you are bored, Enrique. A bike ride should be fun, though, even if it is short.

thumbup

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, Jonni is off to her graduation.
Merme, the problem was a 50+ car pile up on the freeway just north of me. It backed traffic up for miles and hours. Both on the freeways and the side roads. I could have gotten out and away from here to the south where I would need to be but wasn't too sure about being able to get back. It is pretty much cleared up now. So things may just work out. Jonni is off to wait for her ride. She opted not to drive herself tonight.
She had an interesting time trying to get home this morning through it all. Had to prove she lived here twice at traffic breaks. The drama is behind us. I hope.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hope it all works out for you Tina, they do seem to clear up pretty quickly once they can get in with the rescue vehicles...
Merme we are leaving very early Sat morning...about 5 if Joe has his way,, we wants to be in Sierra Vista by 6 in the afternoon... hopfully Carrie can sleep in the car and relieve Jon after about 6 hours... he has trouble staying awake after 6 hours so that would be a good thing.
I got all my clothes out to pack today- brought up the suitcases - packed what I could.. going to do a couple loads of laundry tonight and do rest tomorrow- then hopefully be able to go over and help Carrie Fri before she goes to work .. going to do Joe's tonight and Mom's tomorrow... my sis is suposed to pick her up Fri so I can finish getting us all ready...
We had a pretty good little rain storm a while ago it was thundering a lot so shut the comp down while that was going on- up North of us got a lot of hail too and hey saw funnel clouds too up there but today none came down... sure glad I live on the hilly part of town not the plains where more tornados form.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Hi friends~ How are you all. I am a gardening fool.. Wait, not literally. LOL
So much to do during the day. WAnted to check in.
Boy the weather sure is cool. BArely makes 70 here, but sunny. They say the whole summer is supposed to be like that. Well you can blame us, we just replaced out CEntral air.
rolz Kim

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Ditchy
BArely makes 70 here, but sunny. They say the whole summer is supposed to be like that. Well you can blame us, we just replaced out CEntral air.
rolz Kim

haha that's about the way it goes, huh ditch?

we have sure been blessed with your appearaces lately. I'm glad you've had the time to chat with us. you are funny!
I only read ONE back today. I"m too tired to read back any further, so if something interesting is going on, please fill me. lol

hubby cooked tonight, so I'm chillin'. sorta chillin....it's lower to mid 90's here all week with heat index's over 100! oh, and it's not expected to rain EVER again. (at least not for a week)

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, we have some more drizzle happening. And not much over 70, maybe 75 midweek. That is very unusual for us this time of year. We don't get wet now.
The drizzle held off until after the ceremonies so all is well. Jonni was a little gold blip in amongst a crowd of green and gold blips (almost 400 graduating seniors). All is well and all is finished.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
This is a strange weather time for us too- was hot for a week and now it is about 20* below normal every day for us- nice but cooler and so far lots of rain- nice not to have to water though so not complaining ...
So glad your rain waited till after the ceremony... we have a lot of them outdoors here too and weather is awfully chancy here in late May ,early June,when my youngest graduated here it was indoors at a theater down town Denver... they had really good accoustics too cause Joseph was about 2 1/2 and when they announced her name he yelled out thats my MOM.... and she and everyone else in the place heard him.... LOL!
Well I am heading up to put all my clothes in a suitcase- try and get some sleep tonight... had weird dreams last night so really need to sleep good tonight... always get like this before a trip...
Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
it's lower to mid 90's here all week with heat index's over 100! oh, and it's not expected to rain EVER again. (at least not for a week)

Same here for Us in the DFW area.~ Hot and Humid .
but Tonight However was exciting,,
Emmy and I was outside and it was sunny and Very Humid,, then the skies got cloudy and turned a murky greenish color,, and got really quiet,, and still.
Within 10 minutes,, the wind picked up and gusted up to 75 miles an hour and very heavy rain.
Right now I have tree limbs in the yard, Broken/ snapped flowers, petals and leaves all over the back yard, turned over patio chairs, all par for the course living in Tornado Alley, rolz Not bad Making it to almost the middle of June before our first serious Tornado scare.
A tornado was 30 miles NW of us,, said it was moving east @ 50 miles an hour shock nervous. SO I unplugged the lap top,, grabbed Emmy and Pillows and went to sit by the closet,, * took the laptop with me* lol watched the weather on Fox news on it. ( satellite went out couldn't watch TV) Just really heavy rains and High winds so it(tornado) ran it's course before it got to the DFW area,,This Time.
So Cricket,, maybe you will get some of this rain after all before a week is up why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning....
Haven't made coffee yet but heading that way... muffins and juice are out though... hubby is off but hasn't come out yet..has tv on for some reason... it's nice day here but had to close door and windows someone hit or made a skunk mad somewhere close by... not very pleasant odor to wake up to...
Well off to hit the kitchen and get the coffee going... got lots to do today...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't much care for skunk smells myself, Nana. I feel for you.
First cup. I got to sleep in and enjoyed it. Today I have no major plans and that feels good too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Glad that everything worked out last night, Tina! Congrats again to Jonni!! Does she feel relieved and free?? lol I know I did after graduation. It was a great feeling.

Nana, have a nice vacation!

1k Posts
1k Posts
Good morning everyone.i've been up for a while.It's been unusually cool recently.High temps should be in the upper 90s/lower 100s this time of year,but they are in the 80s.There's also been some thunderstorms. I've got nothing to do today.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Enrique, it sounds like summer boredom caught you early this year. Go find some elderly neighbors and see if they need a hand mowing their lawn or painting a fence or anything else. Look online for volunteer opportunities near you. It all looks good on a college app. down the line. Anything you do can turn into a job opportunity too.
My oldest son used to do stuff like that and ended up making friends with different generations and money too. He also learned how to do a lot of handy stuff around the house like tiling and that led to further things. Money making things. I was pretty proud of him and still am.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody! wavy

I've had an exhausting day.

I picked Maxi up from school to run over to the sporting goods store to get his things for camp. I had a gift certificate for it, so I thought we'd do really well there.

Not so!

I was badly shocked at how expensive that place was... really really pricey!

Then I was so disappointed that the swimwear department was basically nonexistant. When I asked, the owner said "I have a lousy selection of swimwear". No kidding.

So, after all that time and attention at the store, using the 60% off "sale" racks, we ended up with only two pair of long shorts, crocs, and a pair of goggles.... for $87.

I was pretty shaken up by the time we got out of there. I dropped Maxi back at school, wishing I had time to spend talking with him about what happened and what a new plan might be, but we were on limited time.

I am wiped out!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is sad, Merme. I avoid specialty stores because they are so expensive. I hope you can find what you need at a nicer price soon.
I am home for the day and cooking. But I may put everything on hold and nap. I deserve it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thanks, Tina.

I am thinking of making Salmon patties.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
so tina mentioned in another coffee house that i was at a lion's club event last weekend. we had a blast. i thought i'd share a picture or two.

first one is ellie. she was asked to sit at one of the head tables with the international delegation.
[Linked Image]

the second is ellie with her escort, a state officer, and long time family friend. notice the beach in the background?
[Linked Image]

and ellie, scott, and i
[Linked Image]

first time in weeks i've been home early enough before i got sleepy to post pictures lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am so glad you did. You all look like you had a wonderful time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
nice pic's jiff!
thanks for sharing.

wow, merme. that is not a lot of stuff for 87 bucks, especially with the discount! I would have been rattled too.

I had a long, but not overly tired day today. it was actually a pretty good day! I'm off tomorrow. WHA-HOO! I plan on going out at sun up and doing some work in the garden. it's been too too hot to do much in the evenings. then I plan on jumping inside and cleaning on this messy place.

Is it too early to talk about the weekend?
anyone have any plans?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by cricket
nice pic's jiff!
thanks for sharing....Is it too early to talk about the weekend?
anyone have any plans?

thanks cricket. never too early. and my plan is to sleep!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I haven't planned my weekend yet. But I would love to get out and weed stuff. It is cool here and it won't stay that way.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image