|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,260 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,260 Likes: 33 |
Cricket, I thought you meant the deer were eating your vienna sausages.
Belinda, I'll ask Darbi if she wants to be a pen pal. I had one from England when I was about 10. She may not want to do it. She's a busy girl.
I had a great day. Went to yoga this morning then down to my daughter, Shelley's, house and played with the grans.
It's rainy and dreary and overcast so it's not too hot.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Not too hot is good, Sheri. I can feel summer creeping up on me here. I have truly enjoyed our cool stuff knowing what kind of heat was around the corner.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,260 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,260 Likes: 33 |
it's humid because of all the rain. Did I mention on here that I got a new rain gauge? Anyway, I put it up yesterday and during the night we got almost 1 inch of rain.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Cool, You did mention your rain gauge. An inch all at once here leaves us drowning. It is a lot of rain for us. We have been getting trace amounts of drizzle, barely measurable. I like it too.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
and what is 'rain' again..???? I forget??? I seem to have a vague memory of wet, water like stuff falling from the sky....???  it used to coincide with wind? or maybe I'm wrong? the last time I saw the wind blow, I was sandblasted with dust! 
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
I am sorry, Cricket. I will be taking big steps to avoid the cracks in the ground in another month or so. So I can sympathize with you.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
Cricket, I thought you meant the deer were eating your vienna sausages.  of course if I put vienna sausages out, then I'd have racoons to deal with! night night guys. I don't know if it's the heat or what, but I'm pooped again...early in the evening.
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Hi everybody ~
I'm just dropping in so y'all don't think I've fallen off the planet or something.
Maxi & I had dinner and then watched both Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar so he could do a comparison. The last load is in the washer; the kid is asleep and I'm finishing up a good cup of coffee before heading to bed.
I think I must have what Cricket has got; I am tired early tonight. Tomorrow I have to do another day of dialysis, so that's several days right in a row. I will be grateful for the weekend when I can have my life back!
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 566
Digger
|
|
Digger
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 566 |
I'll have to check out that liquid fence then!  I'm down to TWO okra plants.  I don't think I'll ever have enough ready at one time to even bother frying them up. hey, ditchy.....I'm noticing your signature line. I'm reading the first twilight book to the kids and the NEXT chapter is about the baseball game! I read SO much this morning that my tounge feels like cardboard. I had to take a break. I look forward to reading about the game. btw....you all did know I meant the deer were eating my Zinneas and not Vinneas, right? Cricket, I am a twilight addict. HAlf my female adult friends are addicted. And in love with Edward Cullen! You say you are reading them to kids?? I would not thing they are kid material. They are pretty tame, and supposed to have been meant for young adults, the author did a beautiful job. The very last one. Breaking Dawn is good, but is a bit of a shocker. Took some getting used to on my part. Too bad men are not really like that. LOL Vampire aside. My husband said a friend of his said that that vampire has ruined it for men everywhere! LOL MY latest addiction is True blood. ITs from a series of books, NOT for kids in the least. ITs an HBO series. I dont get HBO but I got the first season on DVD. What can I say I Love Vampires!  OH Cricket.. It does not matter what your deer are eating you can use Liquid fence on all of it. That was the one thing that the deer never ate of mine.. Zinnias.. Go figure!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
In a rush this AM, but wanted to stop in and say Good Morning everybody!  Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Merme, you have an exceedingly busy week. Take care to rest when you can. Good morning. Today I am taking the new puppy to the vet for shots and such. That will be fun. She is a sweetheart for sure.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
Good Morning It is the quiet part of day here before anyone else is up... I got up and turned the coffee on - got my shower... sat on the patio for a little while with coffee but got to warm and decided to come visit before we start getting kids up today for the Desert Museum and to see Old Tucson.. boys love the idea of cowboys and all that stuff now- my BIL knows all the history and stuff and has lots of neat things he has found out on his property - he has about 15 acres of desert around his house-- which is beautiful - 5 bedroom and 4 baths so plenty big enough even when he has 10 guests,huge kitchen I would give my eye teeth for too and he built most of it by himself... Well I have 5 moe minutes before I need to wake Carrie , Jon and Joe and then the kids to get our trip into Tucson started... we plan to take them out for breakfast too... give Carmen (my sis in law) one meal she doesn't have to feed and clean up after us all.. though we have been pitching in and doing what we can to help... even the boys are helping... Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
You have been training your boys right, Nana. So glad you all are enjoying yourselves. And glad to hear from you.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Daisy
|
|
Daisy
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363 |
thanks Sheri, she loves to get mail and my mom usually send her a card about once a month. But my mom has been sick this summer and hasn't send a card, My mom had 3 light strokes and has been in rehab all summer.
Today we're going to Pink Palace Museum in memphis, they have the dinoasaurs over there, she loves those. She loves animals of any kind, 2 weeks ago we went to the zoo in little rock (memphis is closer for us but we had never been to the little rock zoo.
hot here again to dday, yesterday heat index was between 105 and 107, it's horrible to sweat as soon as you step out the door.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/belinda.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once. -Jennifer Unlimited- Yard Update -April 2012
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
our heat index's are up there too, belinda! I know exactly what your talking about. I walked from the house to the car this morning at 9am and was sweating out of every pour in my body.
ditchy, I edit some of the mushy stuff when reading to the kids. actually, my youngest can't stay interested. so, mainly I'm just reading to my 12 yr old. I hear the second book is even MORE mushy. we'll skip that one. maybe read a summary or something. and go right to the third. I like the vampire parts of the first book, but romance is not my thing. I'm finding the farther I read into this first book the less interested I'm becoming. I like the freaky, weird stuff.
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Hi everyone ~ I am home a bit early today; so much to do. It is raining here again but we never mind the rain too much. I am trying to get used to this new computer and find my way around XP okay. I just have a tough time transitioning to a new keyboard because I am a touch typist. Any new board feels strange and I can't tell immediately where I am. But I'll be broken in soon enough, I guess. When I came home today Maxi had his buddy Joey over. He was trying to talk Joey into hitting the beach tomorrow to do some boogie boarding. Joey, apparently, hates the beach. He is one of those kids who despises sand. Maxi got to teasing Joey so I chimed in... "Joey, don't listen to Maxi! Most people don't enjoy too much sand every which way and how, but you know what Maxi used to do when he was young? He'd get wet in the ocean and walk to the top of the hill and roll down! Over and over again!" Well, Joey thought that was pretty funny. I didn't tell Joey that Maxi would stand up and look pretty much like a sugar cookie, I just said he'd be covered in the stuff. It was all pretty amusing but I have a feeling we'll never make a beach person out of Joey. Or at least, not until he is older and finds a girl who adores the beach and then we'll probably never see him off of it!  Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Visions of sugar cookies are running through my head. I think I am hungry. I did the vet thing this morning. $136 later and we are doing good. Of course that includes 6 months of flea and tick stuff and heartworm meds.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
I gotta say merme, I'm with Joey. I've lived within an hour or two of the beach my entire life. I'm good to go, going once for a weekend every other year or so. the sand and strong and constant wind drives me batty! I'm more of a lake person, I guess. however, last summer when we went, hubby had to practically DRAG me off the beach the evening a storm was coming in!  it was just so beautiful! all that purple and black swirling clouds out over the ocean.....and the lightening and the thunder. everyone was packing up and I was waste deep in the waves staring mesmerized at the sky. (every now and then my family thinks I'm an absolute nut!)
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
"(every now and then my family thinks I'm an absolute nut!)" Only now and then, Cricket? OK, I am sleepy now that I have eaten. I get to nap.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
"(every now and then my family thinks I'm an absolute nut!)" Only now and then, Cricket?
uuummmm......more often than not?? 
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 566
Digger
|
|
Digger
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 566 |
our heat index's are up there too, belinda! I know exactly what your talking about. I walked from the house to the car this morning at 9am and was sweating out of every pour in my body.
ditchy, I edit some of the mushy stuff when reading to the kids. actually, my youngest can't stay interested. so, mainly I'm just reading to my 12 yr old. I hear the second book is even MORE mushy. we'll skip that one. maybe read a summary or something. and go right to the third. I like the vampire parts of the first book, but romance is not my thing. I'm finding the farther I read into this first book the less interested I'm becoming. I like the freaky, weird stuff. I like the romance and the fact that they are Vampires with morals So to speak. At least his family. You will want to avoid the last two books for sure. It will be way too grafic for younger kids. the 4th book shocked me as well. Not harry potter. LOL You would like it. MY good friends daughter is 14, and they are very conservative, daughter is a doll, she has read them, But Like I said she is 14. :wink:
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,577
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|