OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I think so, Sheri. What a cutie.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Flag Day? I bet Sheri is flying full colors.

Yep. I bought a new window flag for my car yesterday and a new flag for the garage too.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
how was the party Tina?

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
[img][IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/Nanas13_2006/Sigs/GDmornpourcoffee.gif[/img][/img]

Good Morning...
It is so nice here- the guys are off playing golf... we are going to go swimming after breakfast... my BIL's friend who is here too we have known him for a long time gave our Joseph a set of golf clubs.. really nice ones..
Carrie took a lot of pics yesterday- got a lot of the jackrabbits and birds... she got one of a meadowlark... hopefully I can get it on my puter and I will post it...
Tomorrow we are planning to go to Old Tucson and the Desert Museum... should be a fun day for us... well off to start making some breakfast for the boys they are starting to wake up...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope Joseph goes pro and earns millions, Nana.
OK, my heavy appointment is finished. I am glad Jonni is here to babysit for me for most of this business stuff. I thank her everyday (and hand her $ once in a while)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody ~

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I haven't been feeling that well. When I was at dialysis today, my doc said he wants me to come in for an extra treatment this week. We are trying to schedule that now.

We had LOTS more rain today and it is staying fairly cool.

I'm glad Nana and her crew are having such a good time.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry you are having so many health issues, Merme. And you have been missed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Evening friends.. Miss you.. I am still trying to get all the stuff done in the yard.
I still have all the packs of seeds that everyone sent me last winter, but AGH HAve no idea where to put them. I want to start them in the garden and give them a chance them maybe transplant at the end of the summer, at least the perrennials. What do you think??
Merme. Thinking of you. Your in my prayers!

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am not all that familiar with growing in your cold climate, Kim. But It sounds like it will work to me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Hi everybody ~

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I haven't been feeling that well. When I was at dialysis today, my doc said he wants me to come in for an extra treatment this week. We are trying to schedule that now.
Merme

Oh no Merme I figured you were just taking time to spend with Maxi as why you weren't posting as much. I sorry you're not feeling so well,, will the extra treatment be a one time thing or a part of your routine now?? I hope you're sleeping alright and getting plenty of rest! kissie

Originally Posted by merme
I'm glad Nana and her crew are having such a good time.

Me toooo,, She is one Busy Nana,, it time for her to have a great time and build fun memories! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
well, we got a nice rain today, an inche, and we really needed it, my yard looks good and I was dreading watering with buckets,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
buckets...where's your hose, belinda?

Merme, I'm sorry you have been feeling so bad.

Nana, you stay busy even when your relaxing.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I use rain water to water my plants, only when I am out of rain water do I use the hose

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I think I am going to go to bed early again. Tomorrow I am going out to do something with my kids while they are still kids. Jonni has gift cards and cash burning holes in her pockets. She is afraid to go out on her own and get lost. We might just look at a GPS for the car to share. I'll get it for long trips and she can use it in her car around town. She was born and raised here but never paid attention to where things were. It is really quite funny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It seems I've missed everyone tonight.

I had many chores to do, so.

Now it feels like a good time to get me to bed.

Tomorrow will be better.

Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Good morning ladies! How is everyone today.
Well I am procrastinating as usual. Need to finish my plantings. And I need to stake my tomatoes.
They are looking pretty good for only being in the ground a little over two weeks.
The seeds Are very important to me, They are all the ones you guys sent me. And they are on my work bench waiting for me to decide what to do. I guess I will try the garden route. see what grows and then do some transplanting. I am not a big seed user, I am too impatient for the bigger version, LOL But there is something to be said for raising them from a seed. More challenging I would say.
WEll another nice day. I am off to give my little student her weekly riding lesson.
Then its hit the nursery for a few more Hostas. I found a great one that raises all their own perrenials. and the prices are so good. Big plants for 6.99. All types. I am like a kid in a candy store.. hard to decide what to get. I want one of everything. LOL HAve a wonderful day friends. :) kissie

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I wish I could grow hosta, Kim. I just don't have ideal conditions for them here.
Yes. I am up but would rather be back in bed. And I'm trying to decide if that is what I am going to do.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze
I use rain water to water my plants, only when I am out of rain water do I use the hose

awww! I get it.
I save rain water too, but I guess since it hasn't rained here in months that just didn't come to my mind right away. ha ha

off to work.
later everyone. wavy

Cricket

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Has it really been 2 months and no rain?

Take me shopping Tina. I want a GPS too.

I went to pilates today and found out that my abs aren't as strong as I thought they were. Sit ups and pilates are NOT the same.

I then went to Big Lots and got 2 solar balls. The solar ball on the pretty stake I bought last Saturday doesn't light up at all. I'm taking it back. That little thing was 22.00 and doesn't even work. I guess because the stake is copper. The ones at Big Lots are $10.00 and will do the job just fine. Diane created a monster when she got me started with these. I love them. I also bought some Glad food storage containers. I'm going to clean out my cabinets and throw away whatever is missing the lid.

Last edited by Bestofour; Jun 16th, 2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: forgot what I was saying

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, Jonni decided on an i-touch. She is frustrated already
I decided on a tom tom go 630. I am frustrated already. Nap time, I guess.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Has it really been 2 months and no rain?

YES!

[/quote]I'm going to clean out my cabinets and throw away whatever is missing the lid. [/quote]

good deal! don't be like me and not clean out the old with no lids first. I did that, and now I still can't find anything matching. theres just too much stuff in there.

I just saw the 7 day forcast and no rain....I mean ZERO percent chance for the next week!
I noticed just now when I was out at the garden my peppers are drooping. It's time to start watering EVERY day now.

Last edited by cricket; Jun 16th, 2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: cut off quotes

Cricket

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Whoa Sheri Pilates really will kick your but. And every other Part of your body. LOL
Jonni, I adore Hostas, So do the deer! LOL I have managed to keep them this year but only by spraying LOTS of Liquid fence!

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody! wavy

Hope you all are having a pleasant evening.

I was so tired, at 8 I sat down on the couch to wait for Maxi to return my call. I woke up at 10!! yikes

My new computer arrived tonight at 7. My nephew had been IM-ing with me from 5 PM til 6:59 and asked me to call him IF it arrived. We logged off and the truck pulled in! lol I told Ted the UPS guy will come here as late as 7. It was 7 on the dot!!

The new pc is still in the box. I just can't get under the desk and do all that disconnecting, connecting, so I am waiting until Maxi is here tomorrow. Then we will project on setting the new one up.

I am still, however, working on cleaning out this one for my girlfriend. I will do as much as I can by myself, and then my computer guy will come over and move things from this pc to the new one.

I also made plans to deliver this pc to my friend who lives 1 1/2 hours away. She can't get down here, but I know someone from her town who visits my town once a week. I called that friend and asked if she would mind swinging by my place, grabbing the pc and dropping it off up there? She is going to! The funny thing is, one is called Laurie and the other is Lori. It can be confusing! But Lori is delivering the pc to Laurie.

I can't wait til Maxi gets home! Oh, we are going to have some fun and oh we'll feel so much better about our lives.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That is wonderful, Merme. Congrats! And arranging transport is good too. I really should get this computer looked into. It never has been serviced. It has never even seen canned air and I live in a dust bowl. It is slow sometimes. But some of that is my connection problems.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tina, I MELTED the processor and the internal fan of my first pc by never pulling it out to clean inside. We lived in a very dusty area due to construction and I didn't know about vac-ing the vents and using canned air inside. The next two pc's I've had, my computer guy put extra air vents on them and an extra internal fan, just in case!

Now I know.

Yes, I'm very pleased about passing this pc along to my friend who has never had a computer, been on line or done email. She is as excited as a kid at Christmas! I can hardly wait to get it up to her because I know what fun she is going to have learning it all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
you did some quick and good thinking there Merme.
That is so kind of you to think of your friend. Now 2 family's will be happy, and sooner rather than later. thumbup
I hope that you have your new computer "up and running" soon.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Ditchy
Whoa Sheri Pilates really will kick your but. And every other Part of your body. LOL
Jonni, I adore Hostas, So do the deer! LOL I have managed to keep them this year but only by spraying LOTS of Liquid fence!

never heard of liquid fence. is it safe around veggie gardens? the deer are eating my canteloupe, squash, cucumber, and tomatillo.

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good to see you on line merme. I have been wondering how you were feeling. better anyway that your leaving the hookups to maxi. kids are so much quicker and knowledgeable about these 'high tech' things than we are.

night night guys.

Cricket

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
it's safe around vegetables. You don't spray it directly on the plants, you spray around them.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
do you use it sheri? who else uses it? these deer are making me crazy! they are usually not such a problem since we have a fence around the garden, but it has been SO dry, they are coming in and eating everything. they are even eating my vinneas!

ok, well.....night night for real now....I can barely keep my eyes open!

Cricket

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Liquid fence is AWESOME It is the only reason I have gorgeous Hostas this year.
Kind of expensive but soooo worth it. If its deer, you also spray there entrance and path to your property. Rabbits all around and yes you can spay on the plants, it will not harm them, just a light mist from a distance. And reapply after a heavy rain, Light rain and watering does not wash it away.
I apply it every 3 or 4 days. I have had great success. smells horrid until it dries then only the deer are offended. haha

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
morning people, not much going on here today. Today is library day, Ashley has a craft & library program to go to today. then maybe some out door fun. Mice ate holes in her pool this year, first year we had stored it and not had cats to take care of the mice, so all she has for the summer is her super slide

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody~ wavy

Here I am visiting with you from my beautiful new Dell computer. Man, I am so psyched! Maxi isn't going to believe his eyes when he comes home today!

This flat screen is so big and clear, it startled me! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I too say good morninng to everyone. wavy

Merme: I am so happy for you---it must feel so nice!!---but you may have created a monster--
you and Maxi may have to toss for who gets the computer first on weekends-- lol

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Ditchy
Liquid fence is AWESOME It is the only reason I have gorgeous Hostas this year.
Kind of expensive but soooo worth it. If its deer, you also spray there entrance and path to your property. Rabbits all around and yes you can spay on the plants, it will not harm them, just a light mist from a distance. And reapply after a heavy rain, Light rain and watering does not wash it away.
I apply it every 3 or 4 days. I have had great success. smells horrid until it dries then only the deer are offended. haha

I also use Liquid Fence or I would never see my lilies bloom. The deer eat the blooms right off right before they are ready to open. For whatever reason, the deer have never bothered my hostas. Liquid Fence has all natural ingredients so it is okay for veggies. I spray it around my garden and directly on my plants. I recommend wearing gloves when you spray it because it has a horrid smell. But, as Ditchy said, once it dries the smell is gone. It is a little spendy but so worth it!! Give it a shot, Cricket!!

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Ahh yes, the lilys, Thats why I never saw them bloom last year. Just had these big green stalks!
My NEighbor recently got a large dog. That helps too. When My shepherd was alive I never saw a deer!

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'll have to check out that liquid fence then! thumbup
I'm down to TWO okra plants. haha I don't think I'll ever have enough ready at one time to even bother frying them up.

hey, ditchy.....I'm noticing your signature line. I'm reading the first twilight book to the kids and the NEXT chapter is about the baseball game! I read SO much this morning that my tounge feels like cardboard. I had to take a break. I look forward to reading about the game.

btw....you all did know I meant the deer were eating my Zinneas and not Vinneas, right?

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
and where is everyone on my day off, when it's too hot to play outside??? tapfoot
gosh.....it's like the days we were on the deer lease! I could go every weekend for a month and nothing exciting would happen. but, let me miss a day here and there and there's dancing around the campfire, poker instead of the 48 domino game (that I never could get the hang of), fireworks when it was off season, a trip up the road to do some fishing, or unexpected visitors that were so smashed they fell out of the back of pickups and ambulances had to be called to the boonies??? haha
maybe another scheduled weekend party is in order???

Last edited by cricket; Jun 17th, 2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: smiley spelling

Cricket

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
does anyone here have a 9 or 10 year old daughter or grand daughter that would like to pen pal with my daughter, I'd like for her to learn the art of letter writing and hopefully make a new friend. Anyone interested please PM me, thanks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I sent you a pm, belinda.
now I'm off to water the garden.....
hoping to get back to our book later this evening.....kids have been running in all different directions this afternoon.

Last edited by cricket; Jun 17th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Cricket

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image