|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
I was close with the pronuciation. I always thought it was pronounced Marie-Ka. good to know the correct way.  the only project I have going on right now is dishes.  where did they all come from all at once???? I was way off with the pronuciation myself.----and as far as dirty dishes go?? I think they breed at night 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
yea, carol jean! the dishes breed at night and eat socks...one at a time.
I guess everyone enjoyed thier 4th? I didn't make it back on here to read how everyones turned out. ours was nice. HOT, but nice.
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
OHHH.....GUESS WHAT????? we actually had RAIN last night! 
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
I'm glad you had rain at last, Cricket. It is a rainy day here... we only had three days of sunshine between all these weeks of rain.
I've been having a sad sort of day, but I got done all that I wanted to this morning and have just been laying low this afternoon.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
yea, carol jean! the dishes breed at night and eat socks...one at a time.
I guess everyone enjoyed thier 4th? I didn't make it back on here to read how everyones turned out. ours was nice. HOT, but nice. the one sock at a time thing---I buy my DH the same kind of works socks, every time I buy new, that way I never run out of matches.  the rest go in a little plactic basket--and every onc e in awhile I play match up the socks---why every once in awhile we all have pairs of socks we have not seen in awhile!! My 4th wqas nothing to write home about--BUt I did go see some fireworks with my mom so that was nice.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
that's good you spent some time with your mom, carol. I used to save up the extra odd socks in a basket and go through them from time to time. now, I just decide (sometimes creativly) who that odd sock belongs to and put that with their matched socks. I delegate the madness! 
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
I like your delegating, Cricket. You must be a fun roommate.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
I like your delegating, Cricket. You must be a fun roommate.  I am still laughing
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
TRY IT! It's liberating. Or just for fun....wash everyones socks all together and put them in a big basket unmatched. tell them "I washed everyones socks, but this week would you all please sort the socks yourselves....or just get out what you need day by day"  their faces are priceless! most days they decide to just NOT wear any socks at all.
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Delegating like that wouldn't work in my house, Cricket, for Maxi truly does not care if his socks match or not! He wears what he pulls out, telling me "who sees my socks, Mom?"  He doesn't even care if the socks belong to him... if he can get his feet in them, good 'nuff. Silly kid. If a sock is truly truly an "odd man out", I put it on the end of the broom handle & go after cobwebs with it! Then it doesn't feel so wasteful when it lands in the trash... Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
well MY girls are gone--and the DH would NOT find that funny--but hey I bet I would be laughing!!!!!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Or just for fun....wash everyones socks all together and put them in a big basket unmatched. tell them "I washed everyones socks, but this week would you all please sort the socks yourselves....or just get out what you need day by day"  their faces are priceless! most days they decide to just NOT wear any socks at all. I have adult sibs who live like this and have for many years. It is just not my style though. Jonni would wear mismatched socks all of the time too, Merme. Drove me nuts. But she has been responsible for her own laundry for years now. I close my eyes.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Although I probably would not want it on my tombstone someday "She Kept His Socks Matched & Folded In The Drawer", I must admit I like keeping that accomplished. It makes me feel like a very Good Mom Indeed!  Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Tina, reading your comment about Jonni, made me chuckle. Once, I accidentally put a pair of Maxi's white tube socks in a red load (don't even ask me how!) and dyed his white socks PINK!  He cheerfully wore them anyway because he truly did not care! Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
OH I agree merme---if you ever have occasion to come to my house, please look in my drawers--for they are far neater than my house I assure you !!! I LOVE a straight drawer!!!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
Tina, reading your comment about Jonni, made me chuckle. Once, I accidentally put a pair of Maxi's white tube socks in a red load (don't even ask me how!) and dyed his white socks PINK!  He cheerfully wore them anyway because he truly did not care! Merme I had a red & pink house dress one time. I had washed it many many times, as as the load was nmot a full one I added Rod's underwear----he was not a happy camper---for some reason he didnt think he should have to wear pink underwear--- 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
If a sock is truly truly an "odd man out", I put it on the end of the broom handle & go after cobwebs with it! Then it doesn't feel so wasteful when it lands in the trash... Merme
I like that one too!  night night guys.
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
goodnight cricket 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 700
Miss. Farmer
|
|
Miss. Farmer
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 700 |
In the past month, I have thrown away some cute socks. Mostly ones I bought for the girls for Christmas. But hey-- they left them here, I am not wearing mis-matched cute socks, and I am certainly not moving them.
But now I feel badly about having thrown them away. They could have been dust elephant traps. Dang. Could have saved a lot of $$ on swiffers.
Does any one have this problem? DH-- John-- is home for the next 5 days to "help". "Set me some tasks" he says. So I give him some. Go through the drawers in the kitchen and get rid of everything you don't want. (He's the cook, the kitchen is his domain.) "I need everything." O.k... Clean out the closet in the dining room. "Marica, what is this, do we need this?" "Marica, what is this, where does this go?" "Marica! Come look at this!! I haven't seen this in ages!! Come look!!" O.k.... Like I'm not on a ladder painting crown moulding or anything.
I'll see if I can find a tree to chop down, or maybe a bonfire to start. Bless his heart he tries. And he is good at moving heavy objects. And he does feed me!
I am off to make a list for John -- delegating some madness.
![[Linked Image]](https://www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/marica.jpg) "No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
That happens a lot here--it is often easier to "do it myself" than to ask for help. and help me clean?? no way--he would throw all my stuff away--(he does not need it after all so I should not either) and he would be yelling at me all the while telling me WHY I do not need such and such--- when we moved, he did the heavy lifting and cleaned out the out buildings--I began with asking for help, but finally gave it up. as for the girls & their stuff?/ I had each girl clean out their rooms--(one was no longer livng at home but her stuff still was)  --and in the end I had piles for each in the empty living room for each to go thru. (they threw my stuff away instead) 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
ok I am going to bed now--nighty night everyone 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
hello everyone!! Today is a errand day for me. MIL has to go a few places as do I. So, I figured why not add some fun shopping as well??. Hopefully I wll be back early afternoon sometime--everyone have a good day!!!!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Good morning, everyone!   HAPPY WEDNESDAY!  I'm running late today in this very wet morning, so I gotta go for now. Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Good morning. Fun shopping sounds good, Carol. I did some of that yesterday. I wish we had a way to share more percipitation, Merme. I'd gladly take some of that off your hands. I only really have my son to get to school and back today. And some more paperwork I have been putting off. A little house cleaning, maybe. I don't think I will get much done outdoors today though. I need to hang around the phone.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
Afternoon all, It is pretty hot today... got the cooler on and fans too...we have the boys here too... Joe is some better today... steriods are finally working for him ... he can walk without looking like he is 80... still using his cane though. He has made his first appt with the PT place for next week - hopefully he will feel good by the time we go to the cabin in estes park next weekend...really looking fwd to that couple days.. going to be smart though this time and take my coffee pot and sm elec skillet.. and my tea kettle... and make up sandwich makings and salads to take up there already made.. we will take steaks to grill for dinner and maybe some shrimp too... baked taters will be easy too... and smores makings too - we will have a firepit and I plan to use it . Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
I just got home, running fast through the rain drops. I'm eating some saltines & sharp cheddar cheese along w/ my iced tea.
Nana I'm glad Joe's back is a little better already. And I'm with you on your travel plans... I always like to take a few amenities along also... I dislike getting stuck someplace without being able to get or do what I want!
Tina easy days are nice from time to time.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
where is everybody tonight?  Merme *yoo hoo merme calls*
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
I am here for the moment Merme, Jon just got here to pick up the boys .. Carrie gets off in half hour and then takes Joseph to basketball practice, we are having leftovers for dinner- chicken for Mom and me and Joe is going to do chili dogs... it got up to 90* today... we did get the swing set moved over today to the other side of the yard.. so we can start doing the pool area this weekend... kids will come over to help do we can get it set up. Joseph was a big help doing that today... and he moved an end table up out of the basement for me too ... he is coming over tomorrow to help me to the mulch in the front yard.. will try and get Matthew here to to help out... we have some weed sprayimg to get done too...and mowing- all jobs the boys will do for Papa to save his back. Well off to warm up the chicken ... make a side dish or two and a veggie... quick and easy dinner and won't have to heat up the kitchen. Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
It is 56 degrees here tonight, so warming up the kitchen a little bit wouldn't be a bad idea if I felt like cooking industriously! I'm tired so I'll just put on a sweater and call 'er done.
I'm glad the boys are going to help with the yard work, Nana. It is good that they are willing and capable.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 700
Miss. Farmer
|
|
Miss. Farmer
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 700 |
where is everybody tonight?  Merme *yoo hoo merme calls* Re-grouping. I'll be washing the paint off me shortly, just as soon as I dive into that chicken dish John fixed. Looks delicious. But then I have to fold laundry.. OH!! I found something for John to do to help! He does laundry. He times it! He can't paint worth a lick. BBut he does laundry & feeds me. I'm so tired.
![[Linked Image]](https://www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/marica.jpg) "No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Laundry and cooking are laudable pursuits, I think, Marcia... I could paint forever if someone else was washing & cooking....  you are a lucky woman, my friend. Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
sorry Merme--I have been lurking around just not posting---and inbetween times I have been in and out of the house, putting up pieces of fencing to keep up my flowers. How is your evening going???
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
I just made some fresh coffee & am nibbling on sharp cheese & extra toasted toast, listening to music videos. It is pleasant, but far too quiet with Maxi away.
They tell us to write the children frequently, so I have been. Getting mail is a big deal when a kid is at camp.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
I am sure it is (I have never been to camp, but we sent the girls. it is also important because if eveyione else is getting mail and one child is not it will hurt all the more--- you are being an excellent mom 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
I am wondering if you get any fun shopping into your day, Carol. I am here. back and forth and all around.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
|
|
Fencer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563 |
hello everyone, this fine evening.  marica, you are lucky your man will help out. that's wonderful. merme, I'm sorry you are so lonesome. If I could I'd ship you my two offspring. you could listen to them fight over the most mundane things you can imagine, might ease the stress of the 'too quiet'. he he. actually, my two kidos have been pretty dang good today.  usually they take advantage of me when I'm overly tired, they have either gone to the wizzard for a heart, or they are giving me a break??? (who am I kidding....maybe they are just as tired as I am?)  night night! safe away
Cricket
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
no I did not---had the MIL along had to make sure that she got all that she needed--and then I was exausted---I really just need to go out by myself & get a few clothes--(ya know that FIT!!!) 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,034 Likes: 38 |
well I did get a few pieces of black fencing to put up along the flowers to keep them proped--but aht was all for me
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Gee, it looks like I missed everyone again! :boohoo;
I want to go to Wal-mart soon & look for some small loot for Maxi to send to him. They ask us to keep the boxes/envelopes no bigger than shoebox size so it fits into the mailbox. Otherwise, they have to drive all the way to town to get it.
He already took playing cards, Magic cards, a mini word search book, two reading books & the bird book... so I'll just browse to look for quiet things for his daily quiet hour.
He also took two of those water spongy bombs -- you know the kind you soak in water and they get really heavy? Then you toss 'em back & forth with a friend and everyone gets soaked. The kids in our complex like playing with them, so I found a new set for camp.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Carol if you are seriously shopping for clothes that fit, maybe you should ask one of your daughters to go with you. Then when you are in the dressing room, she can bring you other things to try (or different sizes) so you don't have to keep getting dressed to go back out.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,554
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|